Shaw Switch and Save Fibre+ 500 For $79/month for 2 years

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2021 6:28 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2517 posts
1851 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
OongaLoonga wrote: Is there any way to find out when Telus will install fibre in a neighbourhood? You'd think they'd advertise their rollout plans so people don't lock into contracts elsewhere.
Every sales rep. says "soon", and I've learned not to believe them. Lol.
Last time I had a Telus tech come over, I asked him that question. He said “never”.
Aug 15, 2018
23 posts
6 upvotes
FulltimeHobo wrote: I’ve been on $53 300Mbps plan for the last 2 years. $400 bill credit (almost 6 months free). Contract is coming up for renewal in September. I’ve been getting calls from Shaw about renewal for the same speed at $55 for another 2 years. The problem with Shaw is the inconsistent speed, throw on a VPN, and you could be looking at 70-100 Mbps.

How and where are you getting the 55$ 2 year plan? Man, All I am being offered is 65$/mo. Just can't believe why Shaw does this.
Nov 26, 2018
239 posts
241 upvotes
Rural AB
echristo wrote: How and where are you getting the 55$ 2 year plan? Man, All I am being offered is 65$/mo. Just can't believe why Shaw does this.
This was the deal offered around black Friday or some jazz 2 years ago, I got the same deal at $55 for 2 years, would like to keep it at that price. Otherwise Telus is actually bringing in fibre into my neighborhood, got a few letters 2 weeks ago about contacting them to coordinate install if interested.
Sep 11, 2017
199 posts
152 upvotes
I had 2 years contract with Shaw ($53/month, 300Mbps) expiring next month. I don't have high speed Telus in our area so stuck with Shaw. Renewed my 300Mbps plan for $55 per month for next 2 years contract. Also was offered $70 for 600Mbps with bluecurve modem, but didn't take that offer. No credits provided.
Feb 24, 2019
84 posts
112 upvotes
Last time I was with Shaw, streaming with a bit rough. Would frequently lag. Switched to Telus and was better. Is Shaw better now?
Mar 9, 2021
40 posts
62 upvotes
I have been looking for new internet in Calgary and to me it seems there are absolutely no deals at the moment?
Jul 23, 2011
828 posts
636 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
rfdpeg wrote: Hello,

I would really appreciate if any Shaw rep can chat with me :)
I am a current customer interested in renewing for 2 years.
I have been offered $75 for internet 300 in Winnipeg, MB. I have chatted multiple times to get a better offer but have been unsuccessful.

Best I got in Winnipeg was $79/mth for internet 500+ on a 2yr contract beginning of July. Told them Mts had just put in Fibre on our street and was offering me a deal.
Jun 2, 2011
637 posts
565 upvotes
OongaLoonga wrote: Is there any way to find out when Telus will install fibre in a neighbourhood? You'd think they'd advertise their rollout plans so people don't lock into contracts elsewhere.
If you aren't seeing Telus techs out doing runs through your neighborhood... Prob least 2 years away. If you are, then about a year til your place is hooked up. That's how my experience went. (Condo)
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
2002 posts
2891 upvotes
The best way is go to www.telus.com/iwantfibre and fill out the form.

They'll also come knocking on your door asking to run the fibre feed to your house.
Nov 16, 2015
280 posts
446 upvotes
Calgary
2 year contract has been up for a few months and Shaw keeps calling me to get me to resign a contract. All their offers are much worse than the new custom Fibre+ 500 for 79 offer above.

Might actually have to switch to telus at this rate.
Mike | Web Developer | Small Business Marketing & SEO
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
6942 posts
8790 upvotes
74629315 downvotes
caltran wrote: Last time I had a Telus tech come over, I asked him that question. He said “never”.
Installling fibre is expensive and I think 5G is probably the future. In 10-15 years I think everything will be wireless anyways so no point in wasting money installing fibre lines all over the place.
Aug 15, 2018
23 posts
6 upvotes
They kept on calling me offering all sorts of deals and I kept on rejecting them and Finally they came around for what I was looking for. Got the 300Mbps for 55$/mo for 2 years with 200$ bill credit.
MWDMike wrote: 2 year contract has been up for a few months and Shaw keeps calling me to get me to resign a contract. All their offers are much worse than the new custom Fibre+ 500 for 79 offer above.

Might actually have to switch to telus at this rate.
Sep 23, 2011
203 posts
128 upvotes
echristo wrote: They kept on calling me offering all sorts of deals and I kept on rejecting them and Finally they came around for what I was looking for. Got the 300Mbps for 55$/mo for 2 years with 200$ bill credit.
I guessed I signed up too early. Shaw called and called promoting their 300 for $55. Telus' offers were not even close so I decided to hit it. I called back and inquire about the possibility of $100 in bill credits, and they said no. So I only got the offer at face value.
Jul 26, 2021
1 posts
1 upvote
My contract is expiring in early September and I can't even get them to budge to a number below what we're currently paying. $75 for 300 Disappointed But Relieved Face
Aug 14, 2009
494 posts
811 upvotes
AB
xbr999 wrote: Cancom has 750/100 for $85 no contract and also uses the shaw network. Been with them for 2 years rock solid. Ya'll be crazy to pay $80 on a 2 year contract for 500.
Shopped around a few months ago after Shaw refused to provide any kind of deal after my 12m promo. Ended up with Can-Com, couldn't be happier. They actually know things when you talk to them (ie bad chipsets) and have local techs answer the phones, not script-readers elsewhere. The fact that it's no-contract is icing on the cake.
Hanniballs wrote: I didn't even know about them. I looked into some bigger resellers like TekSavvy but none of them was offering above-20 mbps upload speed for my location, which I would need for WFH. Really good to know about Cancom, looks like they are based in BC too so this will definitely be the alternative once my 2 year promo with Shaw is done.
I was with another reseller before, then went with Shaw after the service was crap, and am now with Can-Com and am very pleased with the quality of the internet and the quality of the support/service. I'd recommend.
Mar 7, 2011
70 posts
42 upvotes
echristo wrote: They kept on calling me offering all sorts of deals and I kept on rejecting them and Finally they came around for what I was looking for. Got the 300Mbps for 55$/mo for 2 years with 200$ bill credit.
My contract is ending in September, but I also do not pick up unknown #s. Can you show the # they called you from?
Hoping to get a similar plan as you - as mine was Internet 300 at $50/month for 2 years (from a PNE deal).
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11516 posts
1487 upvotes
GVR
Got a call from Shaw today...

300down/100up, unlimited usage. 3 months free - $60/month
But am with telus 300/300, unlimited usage - $75/month

switching to shaw would incur cancellation fees from telus negating benefit. Wonder who I could push for a better (cheaper) deal.
Mar 7, 2020
4 posts
What number did they call you from?
Shaw is only offering $75/mo for internet 600 and $70/mom for internet 300.
Wondering how you got that deal :(
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10990 posts
2800 upvotes
Victoria
Angrychicken wrote: What number did they call you from?
Shaw is only offering $75/mo for internet 600 and $70/mom for internet 300.
Wondering how you got that deal :(
Today I got 600/100 for $70/month.

I had gotten a few emails the past few months to resign on my current package (300/15) for $60/month. I don't really need fast download, but I was finding the low upload caused some issues when working from home (if other members of the household are using video or uploading at the same time as me.. not so good). They countered with 600/100 for $70/month for 2 years. Good enough.

I know Telus Fibre is going to be available here in the next few months, but I really didn't want my package to default to the non-discounted price in a few weeks. 100mpbs seems like a solid amount of upload. I'll switch to Fibre next time.