Expired Hot Deals

Shaw

YMMV: 2GB for $10 ($0 plans eligible)

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2020 4:33 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Member
Jul 3, 2017
284 posts
346 upvotes
Coquitlam

YMMV: 2GB for $10 ($0 plans eligible)

Deal Link:
Price:
$10
Expiry:
December 14, 2020
Retailer:
Shaw
I just got a message from Shaw Mobile saying that I am eligible for a monthly $10 / 2GB on top of my $0 by the Gig plan.

Maybe good for those looking for something cheap. Not sure if just texting the number would work for those that didn't get the text.

EDIT: Thanks BrendanC for the link!

EDIT: After reading the fine print, the promo is good only for the customers on the By The Gig plan.

EDIT: Possibly regional specific, I'm from BC and got the offer.

Eligibility according to Shaw: To be eligible for this offer you must be a Shaw Mobile customer on a By The Gig Plan and have a received a SMS from Shaw Mobile notifying you of this offer. The 2GB of data may be used on the Shaw or the Nationwide network.
Images
  • upload.png
Last edited by amyellow on Dec 7th, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
37 replies
Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2018
387 posts
554 upvotes
Mission, BC
I don't see it as an available addon in my Shaw account, so I'm guessing this is manually applied on their end. It's a pro of 50% off the normal data pass, but it only lasts a month instead of 90 days. For someone who needs a legitimately cheap plan with data, this is pretty awesome.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14250 posts
4291 upvotes
VANCOUVER
So it appears you have to have received a SMS to qualify. And this is not rollover data. It's 2GB for $10 each month, automatically renewed and charged each month.
Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2018
387 posts
554 upvotes
Mission, BC
Rogido wrote: So it appears you have to have received a SMS to qualify. And this is not rollover data. It's 2GB for $10 each month, automatically renewed and charged each month.
No, I didn't receive the initial text, I just sent YES to 44400 and it said it would apply it. It's a free for all.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14250 posts
4291 upvotes
VANCOUVER
If you already have a rollover data pass, I wonder if this would overlap, or apply after the rollover ends.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 23, 2007
1048 posts
1686 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
Rogido wrote: So it appears you have to have received a SMS to qualify. And this is not rollover data. It's 2GB for $10 each month, automatically renewed and charged each month.
BrendanC wrote: No, I didn't receive the initial text, I just sent YES to 44400 and it said it would apply it. It's a free for all.
I just tried and received the following reply:
Sorry, it doesn't look like you are eligible for this promotion.
:(

So, there is definitely some backstage filtering of the offer going on. Too bad as while the free plan is great, $10 for 2GB of data is definitely appealing.

Given that Shaw market this as being for their "Valued Customers", I guess some are more valued than others. Smiling Face With Horns
Last edited by stony on Dec 7th, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2009 posts
983 upvotes
Home
BrendanC wrote: I don't see it as an available addon in my Shaw account, so I'm guessing this is manually applied on their end. It's a pro of 50% off the normal data pass, but it only lasts a month instead of 90 days. For someone who needs a legitimately cheap plan with data, this is pretty awesome.
So with this how cheap can you get voice and data?
Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2018
387 posts
554 upvotes
Mission, BC
I RFD wrote: So with this how cheap can you get voice and data?
Unlimited Talk & Text = $0
2GB of monthly data = $10

So basically..... I wonder if the flankers will match this? Public/Chatr/Lucky?
stony wrote: So, there is definitely some backstage filtering of the offer going on. Too bad as while the free plan is great, $10 for 2GB of data is definitely appealing.
Given that Shaw market this as being for their "Valued Customers", I guess some are more valued than others. Smiling Face With Horns
We are both in BC - I wonder if it's regional for now, or if they'll roll it out slowly?
Sr. Member
Sep 7, 2003
832 posts
339 upvotes
Is it possible to add this to the Pay By The Year ($99 unlimited talk and text) plan?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2009 posts
983 upvotes
Home
BrendanC wrote: Unlimited Talk & Text = $0
2GB of monthly data = $10

So basically..... I wonder if the flankers will match this? Public/Chatr/Lucky?

We are both in BC - I wonder if it's regional for now, or if they'll roll it out slowly?
Is the $0 unlimited talk and text nationwide ( use outside Freedom zones included)?
How about the data?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7663 posts
5160 upvotes
Canada
I RFD wrote: Is the $0 unlimited talk and text nationwide ( use outside Freedom zones included)?
How about the data?
Yes, everything is nationwide coverage (talk+text+data)
[OP]
Member
Jul 3, 2017
284 posts
346 upvotes
Coquitlam
I'm not sure if new activations can get this deal by texting. It would be nice and I would want to get my parents on this with some data.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14250 posts
4291 upvotes
VANCOUVER
vistokid wrote: Is it possible to add this to the Pay By The Year ($99 unlimited talk and text) plan?
This offer is from Shaw, not Freedom.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2651 posts
400 upvotes
Burnaby
good to know.
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
[OP]
Member
Jul 3, 2017
284 posts
346 upvotes
Coquitlam
I probably should have accepted first, but I just responded YES. Here's the screenshot.
Images
  • upload.png
Sr. Member
Dec 8, 2012
862 posts
510 upvotes
Calgary
how much of those two gigs can I use in the local roaming, when freedom network is not available?
[OP]
Member
Jul 3, 2017
284 posts
346 upvotes
Coquitlam
Dennisrfd wrote: how much of those two gigs can I use in the local roaming, when freedom network is not available?
It says the 2 Gig is for the Shaw + nationwide network. Not sure if that answers the question.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 23, 2007
1048 posts
1686 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
BrendanC wrote:
We are both in BC - I wonder if it's regional for now, or if they'll roll it out slowly?
Good catch. Maybe it is indeed regional.
Jr. Member
Sep 23, 2010
165 posts
77 upvotes
Vancouver
i tried and it said i am not eligible for the promotion for some reason

Im gonna call in and see

Top