YMMV: 2GB for $10 ($0 plans eligible)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2020 4:33 am
Tags:
None
Sep 7, 2003
854 posts
358 upvotes
Rogido wrote: This offer is from Shaw, not Freedom.
Whoops. I thought Freedom was Shaw?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14384 posts
4373 upvotes
VANCOUVER
vistokid wrote: Whoops. I thought Freedom was Shaw?
Shaw owns Freedom, but they operate separately.
Mar 29, 2006
277 posts
165 upvotes
I received the text, but got the sorry you don’t qualify reply.

I’m on the phone with Shaw and their customer service team aren’t even aware of the promotion. Explained that I have the text and it’s on their website, still a no go Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2008
1139 posts
436 upvotes
Abbotsford
I didn't receive the txt, but tried texting YES to 444-00. Auto reply said that I was not eligible on 2 of my mobile phones. Good for those that are able to take advantage.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14384 posts
4373 upvotes
VANCOUVER
AlMosDef wrote: I received the text, but got the sorry you don’t qualify reply.

I’m on the phone with Shaw and their customer service team aren’t even aware of the promotion. Explained that I have the text and it’s on their website, still a no go Face With Tears Of Joy
If you received the text, they would have to give it to you, no question about it.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14384 posts
4373 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I'm in BC, did not get the sms, texted YES, and got the Sorry... reply. I will likely reach out to them to have it added manually. I have 6 of the By The Gig lines, so I've got to be a "valued customer", if there ever was one! But then, I'm paying next to nothing, so maybe not... lol
Dec 8, 2012
877 posts
533 upvotes
Calgary
amyellow wrote: It says the 2 Gig is for the Shaw + nationwide network. Not sure if that answers the question.
so looks like the whole package is accessible. I know that their 25Gb plan lets you use only like 1 or 2 gigs outside of their network, which is not great
Sep 26, 2006
171 posts
124 upvotes
Vancouver
Got this text on my $0 plan. Added it.

Thanks OP
Mar 29, 2006
277 posts
165 upvotes
Rogido wrote: If you received the text, they would have to give it to you, no question about it.
I agree. After about 30 minutes of some back and forth, they added it to the account.
Sep 23, 2010
172 posts
80 upvotes
Vancouver
i wonder what the qualifications are to receive this deal
Nov 21, 2018
391 posts
558 upvotes
Mission, BC
leomon wrote: i wonder what the qualifications are to receive this deal
GOOD question, I mean, I'm sure the majority are on the free account (because why not), and I didn't receive the text message but it still let me add it. Feels like bit half-assed? Especially if all CSR's don't know about it, according to a previous reply?
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2521 posts
1292 upvotes
not from BC but you guys have $0 plans?? this seems already a hot deal as it is lol
PSN: Sakaban
[OP]
Jul 3, 2017
308 posts
397 upvotes
Coquitlam
Sakaban wrote: not from BC but you guys have $0 plans?? this seems already a hot deal as it is lol
It's only if you have the Shaw Internet plan. You can have up to 6 lines on the $0 By the Gig plan. Only need to pay $20 for activation per line.
Jun 21, 2008
119 posts
56 upvotes
North Vancouver
I am on Shaw internet (300) & in BC & have Shaw by the Gig plan ($0) - but got the same no go message as above "Sorry it doesn't look like you are not eligible for this offer". SO not sure what criteria they are using for screening/ offers. I might call tomorrow or chat as $10 for a 2Gb plan with call & text is great. Heck even Public Mobiles reception isn't that great at our house & these days Shaw seems to have good coverage in Vancouver area.
[OP]
Jul 3, 2017
308 posts
397 upvotes
Coquitlam
sbreakin wrote: I am on Shaw internet (300) & in BC & have Shaw by the Gig plan ($0) - but got the same no go message as above "Sorry it doesn't look like you are not eligible for this offer". SO not sure what criteria they are using for screening/ offers. I might call tomorrow or chat as $10 for a 2Gb plan with call & text is great. Heck even Public Mobiles reception isn't that great at our house & these days Shaw seems to have good coverage in Vancouver area.
I have public mobile too, but unfortunately the reception at my place is horrible and PM doesn't do wifi calling. I got the Shaw line for the wifi calling, works for now. :)
Oct 28, 2012
119 posts
174 upvotes
VICTORIA
This is very much YMMV. I'm also apparently not a valued enough customer for this offer :(
[OP]
Jul 3, 2017
308 posts
397 upvotes
Coquitlam
Got my 2GB added to my plan, but the $10 charge doesn't show up anywhere on the Shaw Mobile site. If I go to plans, it still says there is no data plan on this line. The only place it shows the 2GB is the usage page.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)