Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shaw

YMMV - Shaw Loyalty 24 months 300 mbps $59+tax + $200 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2023 9:21 am
Jul 27, 2016
317 posts
224 upvotes
If you go with a Shaw reseller (Novus?) can you keep your @shaw.ca email addresses?

I would move from Shaw to Telus today except that I’d lose my email addresses, some of which are for business and would cost me great time and money to changeover
Apr 28, 2007
98 posts
126 upvotes
Saskatoon
notnow17 wrote: Not exactly a hot deal, all ISP do the same. I was about to transfer to Shaw for $55/300mbps + 250 credit and Novus contacted me the day before cancellation and gave me $40/month Internet 500, price guaranteed forever.
Yup this sounds like a better deal if you're in the GVA. Shaw was the best in the prairies for me.
Apr 28, 2007
98 posts
126 upvotes
Saskatoon
garconcn wrote: Good for you. I should wait a bit to contact Shaw, then I will definitely switch to Novus. I was paying full price for 500M in Shaw after old contract expired, was lazy to switch. After saw this post, I contacted Shaw in live chat and told them I am moving to Novus, then they offered me $75/m for 500M, and $10bill credit.
I hope that was at least a $100 bill credit. Good to know this post helped at least one person.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2909 posts
2565 upvotes
Surrey
realog wrote: I called Shaw to get this offer and they wouldn't even entertain it. I threatened to cancel, they helped me set up a cancellation appointment.

My bill is currently $200/month with internet, cable and home phone, been a customer for 20 years. Paying $2400 per year to Shaw for services to only be treated like its a privilege to have Shaw services for only $2400 / year.

Time to switch to the Telus EPP deals.

Thanks.
You'll get a call back within the next couple/few days (or an email with a contact number). I did the same (set cancelllation date) and ended up getting 1 gig internet, home phone, and 1 tv box with free disney for $89/month plus $200 bill credit
Feb 24, 2019
804 posts
1354 upvotes
PierreS299131 wrote: If you go with a Shaw reseller (Novus?) can you keep your @shaw.ca email addresses?

I would move from Shaw to Telus today except that I’d lose my email addresses, some of which are for business and would cost me great time and money to changeover
you should start making steps to get transferred to better email address. having your email address tied to your service provider will always be a problem in your future
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3968 posts
4717 upvotes
Victoria
rcha11 wrote: Yup this sounds like a better deal if you're in the GVA. Shaw was the best in the prairies for me.
What’s GVA?
Feb 15, 2019
99 posts
58 upvotes
cooper83 wrote: What’s GVA?
Greater Vancouver Area.

FYI Telus has Giga Fiber deal in that area, for slightly higher price. Checkout Ongoing deal discussion section for the matter.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
realog wrote: I called Shaw to get this offer and they wouldn't even entertain it. I threatened to cancel, they helped me set up a cancellation appointment.

My bill is currently $200/month with internet, cable and home phone, been a customer for 20 years. Paying $2400 per year to Shaw for services to only be treated like its a privilege to have Shaw services for only $2400 / year.

Thanks.
That's pretty much our case. Been with Shaw forever currently paying $200+/month for their 300 internet/cable TV/landline bundle. I called Shaw earlier this year asking for their loyalty department but was told it no longer existed. I called three different times talking to three different agents, couldn't get anything better than what their website had to offer. I am one foot out of the door, just waiting for Telus to get their shyt together, their optic fiber service is coming but so far they don't have anything faster than 100 in our area. So pathetic.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3135 posts
1133 upvotes
Winnipeg
I got this deal today. Cancelled on the 23rd for jan 15th. Got the email the next day. Called today and got $59 a month for 2 years + $200 bill credit along with an upgrade to 300/100 (fiber they call it?)
Mar 17, 2016
512 posts
637 upvotes
wiebecj wrote: I got this deal today. Cancelled on the 23rd for jan 15th. Got the email the next day. Called today and got $59 a month for 2 years + $200 bill credit along with an upgrade to 300/100 (fiber they call it?)
I cancelled two weeks ago for dec 31. Still no call or email.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3135 posts
1133 upvotes
Winnipeg
toastbusters wrote: I cancelled two weeks ago for dec 31. Still no call or email.
The phone # i got was

1-888-882-6052 can always try
Jun 30, 2010
471 posts
238 upvotes
Edmonton
Tried with shaw as well. Been paying $120 for gig plus of some kind. Service has been crap for months. Tech support would do nothing. Better modem came out months ago of course they dont tell you. Had an installer out who was great. Original install was utter shit. Great to have throughput but useless if your connection is shite.

Switched to telus internet 75 with all the discounts. Its under $50.00 a month I think. I live in Red Deer ab. Been waiting for 3 years for fiber. Its not going to happen. Slower but who cares. Lagging should be better.

Thanks for the topic OP! got me off my ass to switch.
Dec 12, 2010
293 posts
240 upvotes

Thanks.
I have been on lightspeed.ca for about two years now. Paying $33/mo for 35/5mbit. Works great. They resell Shaw in western canada.
Dec 12, 2010
293 posts
240 upvotes
Yup. Im glad i got my family all switched to gmail years ago. My aunt got screwed when telus email was broken a few years back. She finally switched to gmail and hasnt looked back.

My buddies parents are having a hell of a time with crappy telus, buy they are stuck with it because they are too scared/dont know how to switch.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2759 posts
1122 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
FYI. There are other internet providers not just Shaw or Telus. I've been with Lightspeed for over 7 years now and I haven't had any service issues. My price have been locked in for life back when they had their $50 / 300 mbps promo. Now it's been one less stressful event every 2 years with countless hours on hold with CS for them to temporary discount my price for another 2 years.
althetrainer wrote: That's pretty much our case. Been with Shaw forever currently paying $200+/month for their 300 internet/cable TV/landline bundle. I called Shaw earlier this year asking for their loyalty department but was told it no longer existed. I called three different times talking to three different agents, couldn't get anything better than what their website had to offer. I am one foot out of the door, just waiting for Telus to get their shyt together, their optic fiber service is coming but so far they don't have anything faster than 100 in our area. So pathetic.
[solicitation removed]
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4349 posts
1588 upvotes
Vancouver
Iwantthatdeal wrote: They both are the same. When I contacted Telus to cancel my new contract they offered me even better one.
That's extreme level of stupidity.
That's basically what happened with me. I was moving to a building with only Telus/Shaw and was about ready to sign for $94 1gbps on EPP (I was previously paying $45/500mbps on Novus) and like $200 in bill credits when I walked into the mall and found out they were offering 1gbps @ $65 + $300 in bill credits. Called in to cancel so that I could get the mall deal and they eventually offered me $60/mo + $300 + free act. for the same.
notnow17 wrote: Not exactly a hot deal, all ISP do the same. I was about to transfer to Shaw for $55/300mbps + 250 credit and Novus contacted me the day before cancellation and gave me $40/month Internet 500, price guaranteed forever.
pizzahutxbox wrote: How's your experience been with novus? Is the rental free? $10 a month for home phone hm

edit: just realized it was for high density buildings and town houses only
Except with Novus, there are far less games. Even if you're not getting rock bottom pricing @ $40/mo, the pricing should've been far better than the big 2. I was with Novus for the 6 years I was able to and extremely satisfied with their service. Customer service is all local, the service itself is fine, and the pricing is competitive, without contracts. They call you ahead of your "deal" expiration to tell you what the latest offers are and whether or not you'd like to switch to the new plan. When TELUS came in with PureFibre they offered something slightly faster for maybe $5/mo but it was with a contract (no contracts with Novus) and I saw no reason to stop supporting Novus for $5 more a month.
Removed external link in signature.
Aug 2, 2016
25 posts
32 upvotes
netyang wrote: Good price, does anyone get a good deal from SHAW in Calgary? thanks
On boxing day, visited Shaw store and this is what i got:
$79 per month for Fibregig
$250 bill credits
24 month disney plus for free
4k streaming box

2 year term.

$250/24 months brings the $79 down to $68.59 per month.
Nov 26, 2020
92 posts
53 upvotes
Vancouver
toastbusters wrote: I cancelled two weeks ago for dec 31. Still no call or email.
it could mean that your cancellation request didnt go through. Had that happened to me. I called again to confirm and was told that there wasnt any cancel schedule on my account lol. had to put another cancel request and got an email the next day.
Mar 17, 2016
512 posts
637 upvotes
icdc29 wrote: it could mean that your cancellation request didnt go through. Had that happened to me. I called again to confirm and was told that there wasnt any cancel schedule on my account lol. had to put another cancel request and got an email the next day.
They sent the confirmation and the return label
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
NixxonExxo wrote: FYI. There are other internet providers not just Shaw or Telus. I've been with Lightspeed for over 7 years now and I haven't had any service issues. My price have been locked in for life back when they had their $50 / 300 mbps promo. Now it's been one less stressful event every 2 years with countless hours on hold with CS for them to temporary discount my price for another 2 years.
Which provider are you with? I need more than just a good internet provider because once we're done with Shaw I will also have to look for replacements for cable TV and the landline (not negotiable). I considered Starlink a one point but never went with it because of the cable TV and landline requirements.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)