• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2020 5:25 am
[OP]
Aug 14, 2013
215 posts
149 upvotes
CALGARY

[Shaw] YMMV: Shaw Mobile iPhone 12 preorders

This will be an incomplete thread until I find time to make the call later tonight but stay with me.

$0 upfront for multiple iPhones with comparable if not better plans than Koodo and other carriers. (Source is what I’m assuming is a targeted email). I’m going to call in later today and try to get Koodo (my current carrier) to provide some kind of subsidy on the phone or the monthly plan.

If not the hot deal is to jump ship if you’re a Shaw internet customer in a province that has Shaw mobile. I will update this thread throughout the rest of this evening.
4 replies
[OP]
Aug 14, 2013
215 posts
149 upvotes
CALGARY
Placeholder for updates

Got the credit to almost equate the phone cost and the data. They’re not allowed to hang up so the strategy is basically to sound like a broken record for a lengthy amount of time until they escalate to someone that has the authority to give you what I got.

Here’s the breakdown:
$50 plan with 12 gb unlimited calling etc
Minus epp discount of 25%
$0 5 gb data
$0 2 gb data
$15 tab

$0 upfront for the 12 pro “base” model
Jul 31, 2014
19 posts
1 upvote
Burnaby, BC
ronak137 wrote: Placeholder for updates

Got the credit to almost equate the phone cost and the data. They’re not allowed to hang up so the strategy is basically to sound like a broken record for a lengthy amount of time until they escalate to someone that has the authority to give you what I got.

Here’s the breakdown:
$0 5 gb data
$0 2 gb data
$15 tab

So, you are paying $50+$15=$65 per month for 24 months which is $1560 for 2 yr contract? You are getting 12 GB plus unlimited call and text? You are NOT paying any down/upfront payments for an Iphone 12 Pro? I would take this deal too! Can you walk in to get this deal or is it thru phone only?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1200 posts
463 upvotes
Victoria
Yup. Some further details would really be nice. I thought Shaw Mobile only had $45/unlimited or $25/unlimited depending on if you have a GB fibre internet plan or not. This seems to be something completely different than the public offering. The first I've heard of anything epp related to Shaw.
Mar 18, 2019
19 posts
11 upvotes
ronak137 wrote: Placeholder for updates

Here’s the breakdown:
$0 5 gb data
$0 2 gb data
$15 tab

Did you get this with shaw or koodo?