Sheer number of Accounting jobs

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2018 10:04 am
[OP]
Mar 23, 2012
68 posts
21 upvotes

Sheer number of Accounting jobs

I was just perusing accounting jobs on indeed. 290 new jobs listed in Toronto. Seems like a lot of jobs. I know they don't exactly pay a lot but I'm surprised by the amount. Is there a shortage of qualified candidates?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2013
2347 posts
710 upvotes
New Brunswick
It depends on who you ask. Its just that there are tens of thousand of accountants applying.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
2060 posts
350 upvotes
Toronto
confusedstud wrote: I was just perusing accounting jobs on indeed. 290 new jobs listed in Toronto. Seems like a lot of jobs. I know they don't exactly pay a lot but I'm surprised by the amount. Is there a shortage of qualified candidates?
There's a lot turnover. Lots of people leave for higher pay just because of how crap the pay is given the experience.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
3385 posts
1031 upvotes
GTA
There are actually way more accounting graduates than applicable jobs in my experience, there is an indeed feature that lets you see how many people applied on indeed alone and I have seen 300 - 450 people apply to some of those roles where expected pay is minimum wage - $15 per hour.

Its a good field though with plenty of opportunities available especially to those who have their designation and good experience.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1967 posts
858 upvotes
HK
Define "accounting". Are we talking about AR/AP Clerks, Tax Preppers, Public Accountants etc...