Home & Garden

Sheets for warm sleepers

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2020 1:00 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6674 posts
1416 upvotes

Sheets for warm sleepers

Can anyone recommend a set of sheets (flat and fitted) for a couple that tends to sleep quite warm? Even with the A/C and ceiling fan on, we often sweat so much that we soak through the sheets. This even happens in the winter when the thermostat is set at 17.5C and we get cozy under a few blankets. In the warmer months we use a top sheet and a light quilt, but still find we sweat right through our Costco/Kirkland microfibre (?) sheets.

I don’t mind spending more than what an average set of sheets costs, if I could find something soft/comfy that we don’t sweat through. Any suggestions?
6 replies
Member
May 31, 2017
332 posts
87 upvotes
We have eucalyptus sheets from Bed, Bath & Beyond. They're always cold (which I find terrible, but my better half, who runs hot, likes). Got our first sets almost 8 years ago, and they're going strong. Bought a set for my kid last year and our old sets look and feel just as good as the new one.

Edited to add link: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... poc=214224
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
1443 posts
959 upvotes
Ripley
100% cotton. No blends. Maybe ditch the light quilt? I sleep with just a top sheet. My husband doesn't like any sheets covering him. I usually buy them at Winners/Homesense.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11737 posts
6926 upvotes
Paris
I’m a hot sleeper and love bambo.

Bedjet is another (way way) pricier option.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6674 posts
1416 upvotes
breads wrote: We have eucalyptus sheets from Bed, Bath & Beyond. They're always cold (which I find terrible, but my better half, who runs hot, likes). Got our first sets almost 8 years ago, and they're going strong. Bought a set for my kid last year and our old sets look and feel just as good as the new one.

Edited to add link: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... poc=214224
Thanks, I will look into these more. I don’t mind spending whatever it takes to buy sheets that we definitely won’t sweat through every night.
zeddy wrote: 100% cotton. No blends. Maybe ditch the light quilt? I sleep with just a top sheet. My husband doesn't like any sheets covering him. I usually buy them at Winners/Homesense.
There’s so much variance even with 100% cotton sheets. Any specific brand or quality you like? It would definitely make sense to ditch the light quilt but it’s a weight thing....I was never able to sleep without the feeling of a light cover over me. Just a top sheet doesn’t quite do it.
Jerico wrote: I’m a hot sleeper and love bambo.

Bedjet is another (way way) pricier option.
Any specific brand of bamboo sheets you’d recommend? Will check out Bedjet, too.
Newbie
Oct 31, 2018
38 posts
14 upvotes
Burlington
These are my wife's favourites. Cool and silky. They are 100% modal, and you can use a 20% off coupon to bring the price down if you sign up for their mailing list.
Newbie
Jan 17, 2009
46 posts
32 upvotes
Ottawa
100% Bedjet. Expensive, but amazing, never wake up with sweat again. I use mine year round. During winter set the power at like 10% or less just for a tiny breeze for cool feet (wife will blast the heat on her side). During the summer depending on the temperature turn on those jets to keep you cool.

Top