Shopping Discussion

Shell 10% statement credit promotion ended early - How much credit you lost because of that

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2019 7:19 am

Poll: How much credit did you lost ?

• Total votes: 157. You have voted on this poll.
Below $50

64%
Between $50 to $100

15%
Between $101 to $150

3%
Between $151 to $200

3%
Between $201 to $250

1%
Between $251 to $300

1%
Over $300

13%

Poll ended at Nov 1st, 2019 2:39 pm

Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
2344 posts
131 upvotes
made purchase in Sept. never gotten any credits back. what a scam.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
Susanclark wrote: Does anyone know who we contact if we didn’t receive a rebate for purchase before it ended. I had one purchase on Oct 1 receive rebat 5 days later, another one on Oct 4 didn’t receive rebate. I called MBNA and they said it wasn’t their promotion it was Shell
If you check the original thread (go back through the last pages), you will see that's all we are talking about. Everyone is in the same boat.

We have been told to wait. Rebates are delayed.
Last edited by DaVibe on Oct 20th, 2019 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2007
2959 posts
463 upvotes
Montreal
I guess us Quebecers will start a lawsuit because they said until Dec 30th not that I'm going to start one. One shell caught on and said gift cards need to be purchased with debit or cash so they were on to it.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2003
1959 posts
277 upvotes
WTF!!! I started going back to Shell for this offer despite their BS markup on their mid & premium grades. The stations I've been to recently mark up 17c from regular to mid, and another 10c for premium. IIRC the price gap between grades at Esso stations are closer.

I'm going to boycott Shell from now on!!
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
3393 posts
641 upvotes
Cowtown
I didn't realize the deal was over. Thank to the new posting in hot deals or I'd have continue to spend @ Shell. I didn't abuse their promo, just bought gas, and bus pass. That's messed up.
Your mental health matters. Every step you take towards self-care and seeking support is a powerful investment in your well-being. You have the strength and resilience to overcome any challenges and thrive in your journey towards better mental health
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
i just opened my dispute with costco mastercard. this is complete bull. if anyone is waiting it out thinking they will eventually get the credits, think again, they stopped processing credits right when it ended. Everyone compared their accounts, if you made a purchase after oct 3rd you are out of luck. open that dispute now.
Got that FIDO account!
Mar 17, 2005
538 posts
238 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote: i just opened my dispute with costco mastercard. this is complete bull. if anyone is waiting it out thinking they will eventually get the credits, think again, they stopped processing credits right when it ended. Everyone compared their accounts, if you made a purchase after oct 3rd you are out of luck. open that dispute now.
I tried couple days and capital one refused to open charge back. I am wondering what reason you used and I will try again. Thanks a lot.
Oct 24, 2017
234 posts
281 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote: i just opened my dispute with costco mastercard. this is complete bull. if anyone is waiting it out thinking they will eventually get the credits, think again, they stopped processing credits right when it ended. Everyone compared their accounts, if you made a purchase after oct 3rd you are out of luck. open that dispute now.
Is this for sure? I'm just going to the store today to return the gift cards I bought. These guys have lost me as a customer for life.
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10048 posts
6145 upvotes
shimh wrote: I tried couple days and capital one refused to open charge back. I am wondering what reason you used and I will try again. Thanks a lot.
The reason is Shell store didn't advertised the promotion. it is like if I create a website that says every Visa card qualifies for 10% rebate at Shell. Shell stores can't control that.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
JasonTTL wrote: Is this for sure? I'm just going to the store today to return the gift cards I bought. These guys have lost me as a customer for life.
you cant retirn gift cards. good luck.
Got that FIDO account!
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
shimh wrote: I tried couple days and capital one refused to open charge back. I am wondering what reason you used and I will try again. Thanks a lot.
i just told them about the promo and that they stopped issuing credits. just laid out the facts for them. tell them that you would not have bought these items if there was no promo.
Got that FIDO account!
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3161 posts
3308 upvotes
Let's say our charge backs complaints go through, I am curious if it will be the individual franchise owners who may foot the bill instead of the shell main corp as the transactions go through their individual business accounts. Franchise owners likely won't get anything back from the shell main corp.

(I personally don't think there is a case -- I filled up Oct 8th afternoon not knowing the promo ended though).
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6364 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
I don't really think there is a case for chargeback. What are you going to dispute it as? The transactions were likely chip and pin so it will be difficult to dispute.
Nov 13, 2008
72 posts
14 upvotes
Amounts charged on credit card higher then promotion of 10% off? ;)
May 15, 2003
509 posts
76 upvotes
Richmond
A pending credit just showed up on my online capital one m/c statement from an Oct. 5 purchase for gas only (posted on Oct 8). I have taken no action so far to contact Shell for the missing credit.
shell.JPG
Last edited by MXMike on Oct 24th, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6830 posts
1257 upvotes
I wondering if they are reviewing all transactions to exclude certain types of purchases. If anyone sees a credit for a recent transaction, please let us know whether that purchase was for gas/store item, or if it was for gift cards.
May 19, 2005
655 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Fill up gas a few weeks ago, got the credit a few days later.

Fill up gas unknowingly that promo has stopped last night, will get 2% cash back on Mastercard instead of 3% on Visa without the credit.

Buck Shell, not BHell. :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
4409 posts
819 upvotes
just received credit on my MBNA, not Rogers though
May 25, 2015
539 posts
1262 upvotes
on
Received my credits on ROGERS WE MC, posted Oct 23 for purchases made Oct 5 and 6
Images
  • Capture.PNG
Last edited by Optom2018 on Oct 24th, 2019 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.