• Apr 17th, 2017 8:44 am
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3184 posts
6779 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Angultra wrote:
Dec 7th, 2016 4:11 pm
If you don't like coffee, I just got the 50 AM on an English Tea from the same machine. Both English and black tea are $1.95.

I'm sure hot chocolate would count too, but was a little over $3.
I was hoping to try the hot chocolate but not for $3. Went with the English Breakfast tea instead and got the 50 BAM's. Thanks!

Also, thanks OP & thanked.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1020 posts
402 upvotes
Calgary, AB
jiggajayd wrote:
Dec 7th, 2016 5:57 pm
it seems the closest Shell with Costa Coffee to me (in Winnipeg) is in the GTA...
Calgary is closer, probably still too far to be worth it.
Jul 4, 2015
245 posts
110 upvotes
Edmonton
Damn. A few in the city but too out of the way for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1000 posts
397 upvotes
I've tried both the tea and coffee, not to my liking. Just ended up tossing them away. It's not even hot just lukewarm and the taste is artificial or not real to me. But again, what am I expecting. I do like the musical machine as it's easy to use though. I was told the barcode on the receipt is the same each time it prints so I kept one to reuse again till the promo is over so I don't even have to make the drinks and waste cups or the drink. The small espresso is the lowest price and comes out to 1.75 plus tax in BC. 50 AM's is a pretty good deal, but I notice it hasn't posted on my airmiles yet as it can take 60 days. That's the only concern is that would it post eventually as I don't usually get airmiles unless they have a big promo like they have now with shop the block. Anyways hopefully no problems.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5278 posts
1132 upvotes
micronta wrote:
Dec 7th, 2016 11:25 pm
I've tried both the tea and coffee, not to my liking. Just ended up tossing them away. It's not even hot just lukewarm and the taste is artificial or not real to me. But again, what am I expecting. I do like the musical machine as it's easy to use though. I was told the barcode on the receipt is the same each time it prints so I kept one to reuse again till the promo is over so I don't even have to make the drinks and waste cups or the drink. The small espresso is the lowest price and comes out to 1.75 plus tax in BC. 50 AM's is a pretty good deal, but I notice it hasn't posted on my airmiles yet as it can take 60 days. That's the only concern is that would it post eventually as I don't usually get airmiles unless they have a big promo like they have now with shop the block. Anyways hopefully no problems.
I've been to a couple different shells and the coffee is definately not the same taste/strength everywhere. My local shell the coffee is piping hot. I've had others that are lukewarm.

It's pretty cheesy with all the music I have to agree but I do like the coffee. My Portuguese family on thr wifes side say it's huge in Europe. From what Ive read Starbucks comes a distant second to Costa in the UK.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... rket-chart

On my way to shell as I type!
Apr 22, 2012
804 posts
129 upvotes
TORONTO
I was told it is only one 50 AM bonus per day. Because I try to buy another cup after I check the receipt to see the 50 AM shows on the receipt. But he told me only one per day. (16th and Leslie Shell).
Banned
Dec 6, 2016
41 posts
12 upvotes
The 50 BAM might be posted to your account 6 weeks from now.

But is the receipt supposed to show the 50 BAM immediately ?

Where do you pay for the coffee and scan your Air Miles card ? At the machine or the cashier ?
Last edited by Hottank on Dec 8th, 2016 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Dec 6, 2016
41 posts
12 upvotes
For a Limited Time! NOW GET 50 AIR MILES Bonus Miles with the purchase of any Costa Coffee

Offer valid for a limited time at participating Shell locations only until December 11, 2016.
Get 50 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles per transaction with your purchase of any Costa coffee product during this limited promotional period.
A valid AIR MILES Card must be swiped at time of transaction. No fuel purchase required.
May be combined with other AIR MILES offers available at participating locations.
Please allow up to six weeks post promotion for your Miles to be posted to your Collector Account.
This promotion may be amended or terminated without notice. Shell reserves the right to limit number of AIR MILES® Bonus Miles awarded.
Banned
Dec 6, 2016
41 posts
12 upvotes
$ 1.70 for Small Americano,
$1.95 for Regular Americano,
$2.45 for Large Americano.

Plus Taxes to the above prices.

95 Air Miles = $ 10 Cash .
Apr 22, 2012
804 posts
129 upvotes
TORONTO
Hottank wrote:
Dec 8th, 2016 9:41 am
The 50 BAM might be posted to your account 6 weeks from now.

But is the receipt supposed to show the 50 BAM immediately ?

Where do you pay for the coffee and scan your Air Miles card ? At the machine or the cashier ?
You take the print out from the machine (middle of the right hand side) and pay at cashier. Make sure you give the AM card first, then the printout then you pay. He will give you a receipt.
May 12, 2004
706 posts
40 upvotes
My receipt showed 50 air miles, the guy circled it for me to show me what a good deal it is
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
5538 posts
491 upvotes
Ottawa
How do you know a shell location is participating? After paying for it and seeing the bonus on your receipt?
Dec 8, 2014
55 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cashier told me, 5 transaction max on one AM card per day, too good to be true though ?
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
Is it one offer per account? Limit?
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro