Expired Hot Deals

[Shell] EXPIRED: Save 10% on purchases until December 30th with linked Mastercard

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2020 8:02 pm
Jul 13, 2016
798 posts
476 upvotes
JFRACINE wrote: Wow, horrible experience for me. First time i went to my local Shell, the POS was not categorized as Shell so i lost 10$ in cashback. I tried again tonight and insisted to use the POS of Shell (they have 2). The girl didnt want to but finally agreed and separated my transaction (40$ in gas and 10$ in beer). So again, i will not be eligible for the credit from mastercard. I wont go back to this place... And she also told me that she can't sold any gift cards because of a problem of activation or something.
What was the other POS? Circle K?
Jun 3, 2016
132 posts
258 upvotes
Lots of fake info going around the thread, saying there’s a max $10 rebate or 1 transaction per day limit etc etc.

I did 3 transactions within 10 minutes ($500 Amazon GC got split into 2 transactions and gas), got 10% rebate for all 3 - HSBC WE MC.

Hope this helps people whom haven’t pulled the trigger on this yet!
Images
  • image.jpg
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1030 posts
840 upvotes
Edmonton
Don't laugh at my low balance lol...

Although it wasn't labeled a rebate, I am fairly certain this $25 added to my card was from my $250 transaction!!!

This means STACK DOES GET REBATES!!!

Should have more DP to confirm in a couple days
Images
  • Screenshot_20191004-011125.jpg
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1107 posts
554 upvotes
Vancouver
Mrrfdxyz wrote: How? We’re still getting rebates from GCs
what I mean is some stations are not letting people us MC for GC purchases anymore and others are having problems with getting it activated
Feb 16, 2007
246 posts
192 upvotes
JFRACINE wrote: ... And she also told me that she can't sold any gift cards because of a problem of activation or something.
This is definitely a thing. During my first attempted purchase of this promo I went to a Needs convenience co-branded Shell, the clerk told me the same thing - not being able to authorize a GC through the Shell POS - I questioned them on this and they did try, with the help of their manager to do so while I was there. They could only do so through their Needs (Sobeys) POS.

They said that it's not possible as the Shell POS is only for Shell credit cards and the like.

Safest option for taking advantage of this promo - Find a Shell corporate station!
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
1149 posts
775 upvotes
goovangle wrote: Lots of fake info going around the thread, saying there’s a max $10 rebate or 1 transaction per day limit etc etc.

I did 3 transactions within 10 minutes ($500 Amazon GC got split into 2 transactions and gas), got 10% rebate for all 3 - HSBC WE MC.

Hope this helps people whom haven’t pulled the trigger on this yet!
Thanks and youre going to japan too. Loved the teamlab
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
5915 posts
5685 upvotes
Downtown Canada
To verify LCBO card # and to make sure that it matches the last four digits on your activation receipt use the barcode scanning app. You won’t find the last 4 digits on the LCBO card which is kind of strange.

P.S. top card needs to be scanned
Feb 14, 2018
314 posts
229 upvotes
AnujS699 wrote: Don't laugh at my low balance lol...

Although it wasn't labeled a rebate, I am fairly certain this $25 added to my card was from my $250 transaction!!!

This means STACK DOES GET REBATES!!!

Should have more DP to confirm in a couple days
Confirmed. I've recieved $10. I purchased $100 in Amazon gift cards.
Jan 17, 2017
264 posts
379 upvotes
anyone receive the rebate on a pc financial MC? still don't see a rebate. Been a week now.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
13612 posts
3684 upvotes
GTA
kingsley15 wrote: anyone receive the rebate on a pc financial MC? still don't see a rebate. Been a week now.
I got one. Charged on Sept 23.
Sep 10, 2017
971 posts
520 upvotes
kingsley15 wrote: anyone receive the rebate on a pc financial MC? still don't see a rebate. Been a week now.
I m on CO platinum Costco MC. Yet to receive the rebate for sept 28 transaction.
Apr 5, 2006
340 posts
178 upvotes
Mississauga
Sorry if it was already answered.
How that works with supplementary cards? Each of them has to be registered? What if only supplementary card was registered, will it get rebates?
I kinda forgot that my tangerine MC is in fact supplementary and initially registered only my card. Now I registered primary as well but will likely miss some rebates.
Last edited by ol2006 on Oct 4th, 2019 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1802 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
anyone got a second rebate back yet?
Jun 7, 2011
252 posts
213 upvotes
Orangeville
Still no rebate from Sept 27th. Tangerine MC.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
5915 posts
5685 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Rogues2017 wrote: I m on CO platinum Costco MC. Yet to receive the rebate for sept 28 transaction.
Capital one is pretty slow
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8230 posts
1200 upvotes
TO
Lickzy wrote: Thanks Roland. @kingsley15 I am in the same boat as you. Waiting on almost $300 in rebates.
Wowza, how much are you folks stock piling? I was hesitant with buying 500$ lol looks like some of you are set for next few years :)
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1247 posts
388 upvotes
No rebate on Sept 28 Rogers MC gas purchase yet.
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Apr 5, 2006
340 posts
178 upvotes
Mississauga
Pants536 wrote: Still no rebate from Sept 27th. Tangerine MC.
Same here. Maybe because I used supplementary card.