Expired Hot Deals

[Shell] EXPIRED: Save 10% on purchases until December 30th with linked Mastercard

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2020 8:02 pm
Apr 13, 2015
316 posts
431 upvotes
Alberta
TransporterSD wrote: Waiting for clarification from shell in regards to daily limits. Also, there will have to be signage posted at the stores as well as online. Sick and tired of these store owners making up bs and making you pay by debit or cash
T&C doesn't mention anything, still same verbiage. Wondering if I should start using a different card..
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2754 posts
2351 upvotes
Richmond Hill
TransporterSD wrote: Got response from Shell.
This is why we shouldn't contact shell
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Sep 11, 2009
99 posts
60 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
gumby wrote: I haven't used Shell GCs but that's what I have to do for CT GCs when buying gas, GCs are not acceptable at the pumps.
PetroCanada pumps do. Been doing it ever since Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite reduce CB on Gas from 4% to 2%. I purchase GC from grocery stores for 4% CB.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
2812 posts
1336 upvotes
jellytime wrote: I was just at a shell yesterday and it was colder than it normally was, I didn't have a jacket on so I put the gas on auto (by engaging that little clip thing on the handle), and I went into my car. An attendant was outside knocked on my window and pretty much told me that I need to stand outside our they will shut my gas off. He said it in what I perceived in a rude and abrupt way, but later thought about it and what he said wasn't even rude, he just told me the rules, but to me it sounded rude.
Is he supposed to let an environmental disaster happen or let the station burn down because you are cold? Please send somebody else to fuel next time if you can't stand by the nozzle.
Loose lips sink ships. | Her Majesty's Naval Service
Nov 30, 2018
106 posts
87 upvotes
Just tried to use Easypay app at shell and csr said HQ told them you can’t use app to buy gift cards anymore.

I ended up using physical MasterCard and air miles card. WILL I STILL GET THE 10% rebate if I didn’t use the app??
Nov 2, 2007
31 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
I just signed up. I will buy OLG gift cards at Shell, as I play Proline for football. This is like a 10% discount from a bookie. Too bad my 4% rebate credit card is not a MC.

Thanks OP.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
5716 posts
5339 upvotes
Downtown Canada
RAINMAN0 wrote: So that is per card for the whole promotion or per card per day?
Per card per day, but waiting for more clarification.
Sep 30, 2001
28362 posts
7355 upvotes
Toronto
luvdeals1 wrote: I ended up using physical MasterCard and air miles card. WILL I STILL GET THE 10% rebate if I didn’t use the app??
the promo is registering your card with the website, not using the app. so assuming you did the first part then yes you should get it.
FS: Xbox One X (NEW)

We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
Oct 29, 2011
227 posts
174 upvotes
Transaction was on Sep 25.
Reward transaction was submitted by shell on Sep 29.
It shows on my PC MC online transaction list today.

Attached please find the screenshot.
927D5F6F-FDC2-4D4F-B2A7-4900D5030CD4.jpeg
Sep 13, 2016
513 posts
693 upvotes
GTA
I just got my refund on a $55 gas purchase. Now I’m going back for gas, lottery and GC’s.
Sep 10, 2011
60 posts
8 upvotes
Ontario
56kbps wrote: I have experienced this problem with Shell Air Miles promos, i.e. purchases at independent locations not triggering bonus promos.

This is annoying because the promo materials never make a distinction between corporate locations and local independent Shell stations. In fact, I don't think there is a clear way to tell other than the fact that the independents generally look shabbier, don't have the usual type of convenience store, etc. I guess you could ask but who thinks the store cashier will have any idea what you're talking about.
I agree, In fact when you click on "find a location" on the promo site. It shows the one in my town, no mention that it is a circle K/macs, so its in the grey area of misleading the consumer.

Here is the location, buy gas and in store purchases, and no mention of corporate or whatever store. How is the consumer to sort that out? If they Only wanted corporate stores, they shouldn't have included the franchises .
Last edited by swright66 on Oct 1st, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 24, 2013
132 posts
133 upvotes
Regina
TransporterSD wrote: Got response from Shell.
cheapshopper wrote: This is why we shouldn't contact shell
Diafel wrote: Why would you do this?

Some people think they have a right or entitled to use the offer, and if it worked for someone(in this case using cc to pay for GC payments) it should work for them too and they go and complain , in doing so they ruin it for everyone, because now they are aware of this overlooked offer as I didn't think Shell intended this promo to be used to purchase GC's at discount.
This is exactly why promos such as these die away quickly.
I would suggest if store denies or doesnt let you buy bulk GC just be polite and move on to another store and try your luck.

Buying bulk GC's is a very common practice among fraudsters and scammers with stolen CC's and that's the reason that the store may deny you if deemed suspicious, its nothing personal. Lets be honest who would go to a gas station to buy $1000 worth of GC's
That itself is a red flag.

The 10% off for gas and non-gas purchases is awesome to use on CC's that already have Gas accelerators.