Expired Hot Deals

[Shell] EXPIRED: Save 10% on purchases until December 30th with linked Mastercard

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2020 8:02 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2012
1284 posts
780 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
Fingers crossed my Tangerine CC shows up today with 90 day 4% bonus Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Jun 30, 2009
158 posts
117 upvotes
Lickzy wrote: I pay zero fees for what I am doing.
I doubt you are actually making 20%
Jun 19, 2017
624 posts
1155 upvotes
Canada
brexzz1 wrote: I doubt you are actually making 20%
Remind me when the promo is over and I will show you the results bud. 👍🏻

Edited: The beauty part is you don’t need to believe me.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18840 posts
6429 upvotes
Toronto
AnujS699 wrote: For people buying prepaid Mastercards to use at Costco, you can buy prepaid visas and use those to buy cash cards at costco.ca. I believe the mastercards have a higher activation fee
That's genius actually
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1030 posts
840 upvotes
Edmonton
Lickzy wrote: Remind me when the promo is over and I will show you the results bud. 👍🏻

So you'll wait until the promo ends so that nobody else can benefit from it?

Good man.

I got about 17% back stacking the shell prepaid visas with the Canadian tire GC deal at Rexall
Nov 17, 2014
437 posts
325 upvotes
Toronto, ON
AnujS699 wrote: So you'll wait until the promo ends so that nobody else can benefit from it?

Good man.

I got about 17% back stacking the shell prepaid visas with the Canadian tire GC deal at Rexall
Is Rexall selling CT gift cards at a discount?
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3725 posts
2126 upvotes
Eaglesfan99 wrote: What’s the offer?
The base rate is 1 AM per $10 of in store purchase, including non Shell gift cards, up to 10 AM per transaction. Currently there is a AM promotion in some selected cities where Shell is giving 5 AM for every $5 in store purchase, up to 100AM per transaction, max 5 transaction per day. So I am buying the $100 prepaid cards, instead of the $200 or $250 prepaid cards. Even though I am paying more activation fee, on a % term, but I make more from the AM promotion.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3725 posts
2126 upvotes
timbertick wrote: Is Rexall selling CT gift cards at a discount?
Some times, like a few weeks ago. The same promotion was at Safeway/Sobeys too.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1627 posts
1261 upvotes
Question for fellow RFD-ers :

I have a Rogers MC and I don't see the 10% cashback for the last two Shell transactions. I called Rogers and they told me I have to redeem my accumulated Rogers MC cashback against the Shell transaction to be able to see the 10% from MC (min 20$ needed to redeem Cashback with Rogers MC) . So, that seems stupid, that would mean you have to use 20$ in rewards cashback against each Shell transaction to be able to get the 10% from MC ???? Can anyone confirm that?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2784 posts
2381 upvotes
Richmond Hill
smackioio wrote: Question for fellow RFD-ers :

I have a Rogers MC and I don't see the 10% cashback for the last two Shell transactions. I called Rogers and they told me I have to redeem my accumulated Rogers MC cashback against the Shell transaction to be able to see the 10% from MC (min 20$ needed to redeem Cashback with Rogers MC) . So, that seems stupid, that would mean you have to use 20$ in rewards cashback against each Shell transaction to be able to get the 10% from MC ???? Can anyone confirm that?
That is complete BS.
You just have to wait, I got it about 5 days after the transition being posted.
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Apr 1, 2007
444 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
Lickzy wrote: I am utilizing and abusing to the full extent, something that has been discussed on RFD for literally years. Likely a dedicated thread to it somewhere, but I honesty don’t know.

Hope that hint helps.
Well, the hint made me curious, but didn't help. A PM from a kind RFDer would definitely help Winking Face
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2784 posts
2381 upvotes
Richmond Hill
My go-to Shell station run out of $200 prepaid Visa and Master.
I ask the cashier and she said is ordered already, should be here Monday. So for location willing to continue to sell, those card run out fast.
I still saw tons of them yesterday and I got 5, today, they have none.
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
May 25, 2015
307 posts
717 upvotes
on
I’m not in a rush to buy more, I just need to see more than one rebate personally go through but seems likes Rogers is just slow
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1627 posts
1261 upvotes
cheapshopper wrote: That is complete BS.
Yeah, I got one transaction on Sept 25th and saw the 10% on 29th (same day when I redeemed 25$) and then I had two more transactions at Shell on 27th and 28th but I did not see any 10% from Shell for those last two. It's been 8 days so I m a bit concerned....
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1030 posts
840 upvotes
Edmonton
timbertick wrote: Is Rexall selling CT gift cards at a discount?
They were doing the spend 300 get 325 promo last week. I think it's over now though. But I personally think that's the best way to capitalize on these promos
Mar 30, 2017
239 posts
185 upvotes
smackioio wrote: Question for fellow RFD-ers :

I think the CSR was just very confused as to what you were asking. The CSR was talking about the cashback rewards that are part of your Rogers card which has nothing to do with the Shell promotion. Also the Shell promotion has nothing to do with Rogers so calling them to ask about it of course they will have no idea what ytou are talking about.

I made my first purchase on Sept 28 and it was posted on October 1st (not pending) so im expecting to see my credit around the 7th I hope. People have said Rogers seems a bit slower then some other MC no need to worry yet tho
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2784 posts
2381 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Lickzy wrote: Remind me when the promo is over and I will show you the results bud. 👍🏻

Isn't RFD is for people to share how to get good deal?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1627 posts
1261 upvotes
kargesd wrote: I think the CSR was just very confused as to what you were asking. The CSR was talking about the cashback rewards that are part of your Rogers card which has nothing to do with the Shell promotion. Also the Shell promotion has nothing to do with Rogers so calling them to ask about it of course they will have no idea what ytou are talking about.

I made my first purchase on Sept 28 and it was posted on October 1st (not pending) so im expecting to see my credit around the 7th I hope. People have said Rogers seems a bit slower then some other MC no need to worry yet tho
cheapshopper wrote: That is complete BS.
Thanks both , thought so too
Jun 19, 2017
624 posts
1155 upvotes
Canada
cheapshopper wrote: Isn't RFD is for people to share how to get good deal?
You bet, but with so many people on this forum calling Shell and MasterCard potentially sabotaging this promotion, I don’t need to limit my chances further.

Anyway, what I am doing has been openly and actively discussed on these forums before, i’m Just abusing the hell out of it. If what I am doing I discovered from
These forums then so can you. 👍🏻

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)