Expired Hot Deals

[Shell] EXPIRED: Save 10% on purchases until December 30th with linked Mastercard

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2020 8:02 pm
[OP]
Sep 5, 2005
860 posts
1530 upvotes
Victoria
PenguinNinja007 wrote: I understand the amount needs to be $50 or more to get the cash back. But if you exceed it by a lot, does it only apply to the first $50 or is it the total amount (ie $1000 purchased * 10% = $100 Cash back)?
Total amount.
[OP]
Sep 5, 2005
860 posts
1530 upvotes
Victoria
mikesanity wrote: anyone know if this would work with the new Shell EasyPay feature they are coming out with?
Don't see why it wouldn't, as long as you register the same Mastercard that you link in the app.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2474 posts
1714 upvotes
blyndfyre wrote: Support with CSR on chat also confirms this promo:

Shell Promo Chat.png
can someone tell me how to downvote #81?! blyndfyre, you can kill it before everyone get it.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18306 posts
5651 upvotes
Toronto
Any promos for signing up for AirMiles?

I quit years ago ... I guess it's time to come back
RedFlagDeals Addict
Mar 12, 2012
91 posts
140 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
raccoon wrote: can someone tell me how to downvote #81?! blyndfyre, you can kill it before everyone get it.
The guy went out of his way to verify and if it was a fraud he would’ve helped thousands. I’m sure the shell marketing teams are well aware of RFD.

Statistically Out of a thousand people at least a few people will share the RFD info, no way to avoid it. Look at the fido thread, to save money they would always give RFD reference if they don’t get the deal and argue back.
May 28, 2019
145 posts
177 upvotes
Looks like it's time to apply for a MasterCard.
Tangerine rejected me with an 800 score lmao, just read up on the details of their inexplainable targetting system.

Anyone else offering a good cash back value for no annual fee?
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18306 posts
5651 upvotes
Toronto
AdScientia wrote: Looks like it's time to apply for a MasterCard.
Tangerine rejected me with an 800 score lmao, just read up on the details of their inexplainable targetting system.

I just did a search, looks like BMO is the only other way to go (or MBNA)
Read Here
blyndfyre wrote: Support with CSR on chat also confirms this promo:
Let this be a learning lesson, while we appreciate you trying to "confirm" this promo with a live agent, you generally want to use vague terms and never mention this website (this applies to all deals).
You could have just asked, "I saw this link online - is this a valid Shell promo?" and link them the DIRECT link. You may have just ended this promotion, before it even started.
leeezeng wrote: Is this website legit?
Yes, check the thread.
Last edited by DaVibe on Sep 23rd, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
13562 posts
3656 upvotes
GTA
fuzail wrote: The guy went out of his way to verify and if it was a fraud he would’ve helped thousands. I’m sure the shell marketing teams are well aware of RFD.

Statistically Out of a thousand people at least a few people will share the RFD info, no way to avoid it. Look at the fido thread, to save money they would always give RFD reference if they don’t get the deal and argue back.
You realize that if he was concerned he could have just asked if the link was legitimate and left it at that?
Mar 12, 2012
91 posts
140 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
AdScientia wrote: Looks like it's time to apply for a MasterCard.

Rogers elite Mastercard.

4% unlimited cash back rewards on all eligible purchases made in a foreign currency1
2% unlimited cash back rewards on Rogers™ products and services charged to your card1
1.75% cash back rewards on all other eligible purchases1
https://rogersbank.com/en/rogers_worlde ... rd_details

And of course you can’t go wrong with Costco Mastercard if you have a Costco membership
You earn 3% on restaurant purchases, 2% on gas purchases, 0.5% on the first $3,000 you spend annually on all other purchases, and 1% after that
https://www.capitalone.ca/credit-cards/costco/
Last edited by fuzail on Sep 23rd, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1238 posts
3266 upvotes
Calgary, AB
raccoon wrote: can someone tell me how to downvote #81?! blyndfyre, you can kill it before everyone get it.
How would this kill it? You mean to tell me that because one of Shell's marketing tactics is even more successful thanks to this forum that they'll shut it down after all the effort they put in to materialize the offer?

I don't believe they would or I'd have never shared the thread.

This isn't a price error deal pal, settle down.
Mar 12, 2012
91 posts
140 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
RolandCouch wrote: You realize that if he was concerned he could have just asked if the link was legitimate and left it at that?
Agreed, better to be cautious. I’m sure he’ll be careful next time. I think they would’ve gotten wind of it regardless. I can only imagine how many views this thread has.
Oct 24, 2009
764 posts
843 upvotes
Vancouver
I can see this promo being shut down before October is over. Or else they have to put certain threshold for the statement credit. Let's jump on this before it lasts or before they run out of useful giftcards.