Expired Hot Deals

[Shell] EXPIRED: Save 10% on purchases until December 30th with linked Mastercard

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2020 8:02 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1892 posts
772 upvotes
White Rock
BrendanD wrote: hbc credit card emailed me and told me they enabled all there cards already for this promo. pretty cool
I got the "Hudson's Bay Credit" "get 10% cash back at Shell" email.
For safety's sake, I decided to click the email link and enter my HBC card to register. It was then successfully registered.
I tried to register again and it said "That card has already been enrolled in this program."
So I believe HBC haven't enabled all their cards for this promotion. You have to register it yourself.
Dec 20, 2003
223 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
Yup. I registered it just fine and it said successful registration. Have yet to try it though.
[OP]
Sep 5, 2005
948 posts
1625 upvotes
Victoria
Darkman wrote: But if they don't sell there bus passes ... it's a moot point anyhow, as my mother doesn't drive any longer and doesn't need gas ....

Even if they did sell bus passes -- I guess I could have bought bus pass for my mother on my own ....

Same with gift cards -- if they'll happen to carry any that either my mother or I can use ... I can just get them myself :)
Guess it depends on the city. Shell stations in Victoria sell bus passes, for instance.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1485 posts
343 upvotes
Are there shell gas cards you can buy? I have to run my car dry to get $50 of gas
Nov 25, 2009
483 posts
267 upvotes
Vancouver
I guess I'll grab a $100 gift card tomorrow too to try.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1803 posts
1603 upvotes
let the rfd know if gift cards work. my car (ol red) is just a 40L so I never hit $50 unless its bone dry and I obviously dont roll that way
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3725 posts
2126 upvotes
Poutinemaster wrote: Hi,

Is this legit?

While it is a https site, it is not a www.shell.ca site. All links on that link point to www.shell.ca sites. I mean it is easy to create a site then put links to a legit site to make it look legit.

I'm not saying it is not a legit promo, I'm just wondering why the difference a direct request for the CC info... (sure, they don't ask for the name and expiry but still...)
if you go to Shell.ca and search for 'fuel up for less', you will find it.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3725 posts
2126 upvotes
Darkman wrote: If person registers their primary Master Card for this promo ... would the promo automatically spread to the supplementary card(s) that happen to be on the account?

Or the supplementary card(s) would need to be registered separately to be eligible for the promo .. (if eligible at all)?
it is free to register, why take a chance. Just register both cards.
Nov 27, 2018
55 posts
31 upvotes
YVR
Just enrolled with my BMO AirMiles cc. I spend about $200 in gas per month, so $20 back is good plus the bonus airmiles.
Lately I've been purchasing Tim Horton gift cards for the bonus airmiles, also.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3725 posts
2126 upvotes
utalking2meagain wrote: Just enrolled with my BMO AirMiles cc. I spend about $200 in gas per month, so $20 back is good plus the bonus airmiles.
Lately I've been purchasing Tim Horton gift cards for the bonus airmiles, also.
Are you getting the 5 AM for every $5 in-store purchase bonus?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1039 posts
495 upvotes
GTA
networksend wrote: Hot if shell is your only choice.
Around me shell is always the most expensive station sometimes by quite a bit
I also think the spread between Regular and Premium is the largest. Last time I filled up at Shell it was 27c.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9393 posts
2133 upvotes
Toronto
dpw198 wrote: I also think the spread between Regular and Premium is the largest. Last time I filled up at Shell it was 27c.
I think it's because Shell 91 does not have ethanol which is why it's more.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
9623 posts
1754 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Will this work with the new Shell Easy Pay? Sorry if this has already been answered
Oct 13, 2017
192 posts
329 upvotes
Halifax
Out of curiosity, the convince store that is attached to Shell gas pumps is branded under Needs, at least where I live. I am thinking, anything you buy from the store would show on your credit card statement under Needs not Shell, correct ? therefore no statement credit ?
Aug 8, 2018
71 posts
64 upvotes
Centre of universe G…
Will this work if I only buy gift cards and no gas at all?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2283 posts
1772 upvotes
Ottawa
Will the merchant on the credit card statement show up as Shell or "Select" (Shell's convenient store) if you make no gas purchases? I'm guessing that if it shows up as Select, the promo wouldn't apply?
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10627 posts
4991 upvotes
Nice offer. I usually go to super store for the 9 cents off with the mastercard but this is better. I fill up every 3 days around $100 and wife every 2 days at $55 ish so this would be great.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)