Expired Hot Deals

[Shell] EXPIRED: Save 10% on purchases until December 30th with linked Mastercard

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2020 8:02 pm
Jul 16, 2012
29 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Was doing some research on google, found this event happened before but for one time 10%. See pictures.

Still not 100% sure if legit due to even you type in any random number, the system can still accept it. Doesn’t look like a good designed system.
Images
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
Apr 10, 2019
341 posts
573 upvotes
Ottawa
If one of you ventures to the US before the weekend please let us know if it applies to gas purchased at Shell locations in the US? In the terms it says nothing about being a Canadian station, only a Canadian Mastercard. If they search Shell on registered people's accounts a US location would turn up.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
2812 posts
841 upvotes
Montreal
Curious to know if we tank 1$ of fuel and buy a 50$ giftcard in store if we still get 10% off 51$...
If so this is smoking deal to get a shit load of GC's!!
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3235 posts
1580 upvotes
Mississauga
All the "will" and "if" questions will be answered in a couple days. Patience people.
I love RFD! :)
Dec 31, 2016
426 posts
300 upvotes
Mississauga, ON, CA
Krrrong wrote: This smells like the 7-11 Amazon Cineplex gift card promo. Fill up quick!
Thanks OP
yea, and our friend Charlie :rolleyes: has already shown them the way to the underground!
I definitely don’t need one, so I’ll do the right thing and pick one up on my way home. 😎

**Just pick one and don't loot** 😠
Jun 14, 2011
531 posts
525 upvotes
Richmond Hill
hmmm sounds like a cc scam....

but I signed up anyway!!!
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18849 posts
6433 upvotes
Toronto
s09milligan wrote: Will this work if I only buy gift cards and no gas at all?
This will likely be answered in 3 days or so, if credits start coming in (users have reported making purchases as early as yesterday).
Mcklain wrote: Curious to know if we tank 1$ of fuel and buy a 50$ giftcard in store if we still get 10% off 51$...
If so this is smoking deal to get a shit load of GC's!!
We just have to wait and see. No one truly "knows" yet, we are just interpreting the terms.
IT IS NOT WORTH ASKING PEOPLE ... JUST SIT BACK AND WAIT
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2785 posts
2384 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I been in Shell station purchase Gift card when I fill up gas, for this Promo, I see the issue would be sometime the attendant will INSIST to pay separately.
So, if I purchase let say $27 gas, and $50 Gift card, they Won't process it together, insist it is 2 differ transition.

Does it happen to anyone before?
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54414 posts
19267 upvotes
elpaso wrote: Canadian Tire
Thanks. Going to head there for a JB Weld epoxy glue so perfect timing.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1364 posts
3771 upvotes
Calgary, AB
accessarpit wrote: yea, and our friend Charlie :rolleyes: has already shown them the way to the underground!
Like "the underground" was so hard to find to begin with.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
1175 posts
884 upvotes
Montreal
cheapshopper wrote: I been in Shell station purchase Gift card when I fill up gas, for this Promo, I see the issue would be sometime the attendant will INSIST to pay separately.
So, if I purchase let say $27 gas, and $50 Gift card, they Won't process it together, insist it is 2 differ transition.

Does it happen to anyone before?
Definitely don't see why...
Jan 24, 2007
113 posts
275 upvotes
Toronto
blyndfyre wrote: I find it strange their main site certificate is from GeoTurst RSA CSA 2018 and this promo site certificate is from Amazon.
Their domain is registered with AWS and their Certificate authority is GeoTrust. What's strange about that?
Dec 31, 2016
426 posts
300 upvotes
Mississauga, ON, CA
blyndfyre wrote: Like "the underground" was so hard to find to begin with.
yes, if no one is looking for it...the mango people
I definitely don’t need one, so I’ll do the right thing and pick one up on my way home. 😎

**Just pick one and don't loot** 😠
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1313 posts
812 upvotes
Toronto
For those who are thinking of not doing this deal because of being afraid to put your CC info on there, use your Stack MC and just load $x at a time. You lose out on any 2% cash back on other cards but better than nothing
Apr 2, 2018
465 posts
278 upvotes
Edmonton
sanjuo wrote: Anyone enrolled Costco Mastercard?
Yes I did enrolled successfully
Koodo $35/10GB 3 lines, Rogers $42/20GB, Public Mobile $10, Freedom Mobile $37.5/20GB, $45/20GB
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1874 posts
1322 upvotes
condo
xXKEIXx wrote: hmmm sounds like a cc scam....

but I signed up anyway!!!
It's been mentioned before... You're NOT giving away your CVV, expiry date, PIN/password or any other info that's needed to initiate a charge. Not sure why people are so afraid.