Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shell

EXPIRED: Save 10% on purchases until December 30th with linked Mastercard

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2020 8:02 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3320 posts
1214 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
The site looks sketchy, the PCI badge wasn't even a link, just a picture.

Well, I entered my information anyways.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36619 upvotes
Scarborough
froesesp wrote: Yes but the t&c states:
Once credit card is registered, all purchases at a Shell location made with the registered credit card over $50 and within the offer time window will receive 10% back in the form of a statement credit rebate.

https://fuelupforless.com/content/terms
Interesting! Well, I'm ok because I picked up a chocolate bar too but that's very misleading if it's not $50 or more.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11669 posts
14023 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
CertainSomeone wrote: Not just fuel, apparently non-fuel purchases work too, e.g : GC, lottery, snacks
I’m going to test out the gift card theory today, and I’ll report back here if it works!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
geokilla wrote: I sometimes drive 60km or more in the weekend going to my girlfriend's condo, going to Costco, going out for lunch, and dates. I can't charge a EV at her visitor's parking because it has only one 120V socket that's not reserved for EV charging. That means if I had an EV, I need one that is capable of doing 100km in the winter. My Honda Clarity barely manages 45km when it's -10C in the winter, and no I'm not going to ask my mom and sister to drive with the heater off.

The EV is a great daily driver if it's a second vehicle. But if it's the only vehicle, you need one with at least 250km range imo, and accessible charging that doesn't require me to visit the mall every week as I'll eventually move into a condo with my girlfriend (if we ever get that far).
Well, if you have a real EV then you're getting at least 250km range. And in your example what does your range matter, you drive a hybrid? It's not like you'd be stuck?
Oct 31, 2006
63 posts
35 upvotes
Wpg
I find this promo odd. Typically Gift card and certainty lotto & tobacco purchases are disallowed for rebate. I will try it out though!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
nafteni wrote: I find this promo odd. Typically Gift card and certainty lotto & tobacco purchases are disallowed for rebate. I will try it out though!
It's likely because their system can't differentiate the difference between purchases.
Mar 31, 2008
834 posts
560 upvotes
Edmonton
DaVibe wrote: Any promos for signing up for AirMiles?

I quit years ago ... I guess it's time to come back
BMO Airmiles World Elite MasterCard has a bonus up to 3000 airmiles and the card is free for the the first year.
Nov 13, 2013
767 posts
472 upvotes
Can any kind individual list out the GCs they usually have available at Shell Gas stations? Amazon is a popular one, but do they have stuff like Banana Republic, Hudson's Bay, grocery stores, and maybe even GCs for other gas stations?
Sep 23, 2019
1 posts
According to the T and C, they said "Once credit card is registered, all purchases at a Shell location made with the registered credit card over $50 and within the offer time window will receive 10% back in the form of a statement credit rebate". They do not exclude gift cards.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8556 posts
11770 upvotes
GTA
MatsOvechkin wrote: Can any kind individual list out the GCs they usually have available at Shell Gas stations? Amazon is a popular one, but do they have stuff like Banana Republic, Hudson's Bay, grocery stores, and maybe even GCs for other gas stations?
They won't carry GCs for other gas stations.
Nov 16, 2008
40 posts
4 upvotes
Probably varies by stations, the one near me have cineplex, MCD,Starbucks, Canadian tire
MatsOvechkin wrote: Can any kind individual list out the GCs they usually have available at Shell Gas stations? Amazon is a popular one, but do they have stuff like Banana Republic, Hudson's Bay, grocery stores, and maybe even GCs for other gas stations?
Deal Guru
Sep 9, 2003
10598 posts
4850 upvotes
Burnaby
Definitely no other gas stations. Didn't see grocery either. Amazon and Canadian Tire are the ones I remember the most, rest I didn't care about
Jul 27, 2010
66 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver
My default Chrome browser doesn't allow me to access the link due to security reason. I change to IE and still identify it as a unsafe page. Anyone has this issue?
Feb 18, 2017
124 posts
110 upvotes
Did not hit the $50 threshold and subsequently spent the next few minutes trying to find a gift card I actually wanted and knew I would use (was also trying to avoid cards that have a reputation of being compromised).

The card selection at the Shell I went to wasn’t that great and the lowest denomination that was available for some of the cards was $50.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6372 posts
6734 upvotes
Center of Canada
Just same back from Shell , got $50 Amazon GC. Let see what happen in next couple of days
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
3223 posts
1908 upvotes
Surrey
Thanks signed up will fill up later today

So any transactions from now till end of December qualify for 10%
Thanks
Aug 9, 2015
491 posts
317 upvotes
Calgary
grindcoffee wrote: Bought $2k GC, let's see if I can get $200 rebatesSmiling Face With Open Mouth
I like your style.
But at what cost
Dec 31, 2016
508 posts
684 upvotes
Mississauga, ON, CA
grindcoffee wrote: Bought $2k GC, let's see if I can get $200 rebatesSmiling Face With Open Mouth
right...they wanted you (kinds)... all in Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
I definitely don’t need one, so I’ll do the right thing and pick one up on my way home. 😎

**Just pick one and don't loot** 😠

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)