Expired Hot Deals

[Shell] EXPIRED: Save 10% on purchases until December 30th with linked Mastercard

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2020 8:02 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
6121 posts
5322 upvotes
hoody123 wrote: Great deal, but I'd have to be on fumes and fill with premium to hit it unfortunately.
It's not restricted to gas purchases.
[OP]
Sep 5, 2005
864 posts
1531 upvotes
Victoria
Poutinemaster wrote: Hi,

Is this legit?

While it is a https site, it is not a www.shell.ca site. All links on that link point to www.shell.ca sites. I mean it is easy to create a site then put links to a legit site to make it look legit.

I'm not saying it is not a legit promo, I'm just wondering why the difference a direct request for the CC info... (sure, they don't ask for the name and expiry but still...)
Was sent to me in an email from HBC Credit, which I have an account with.
Going to shell.ca/fuelupforless redirects to the fuelupforless.com website.
Very unlikely for it to not be legit, since otherwise the Shell website would not redirect.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
6121 posts
5322 upvotes
Poutinemaster wrote: Hi,

Is this legit?

While it is a https site, it is not a www.shell.ca site. All links on that link point to www.shell.ca sites. I mean it is easy to create a site then put links to a legit site to make it look legit.

I'm not saying it is not a legit promo, I'm just wondering why the difference a direct request for the CC info... (sure, they don't ask for the name and expiry but still...)
At the bottom of the website it says "©2019 Mastercard." so I'm assuming it's setup by MasterCard with Shell.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1253 posts
913 upvotes
Pickering
I use premium, so I'll have NO problem making the promotion requirement. Also waiting for someone to confirm that gift card purchases can be made, too.
I'm going to the convenient store to pick me up a pack of cigarettes...
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4498 posts
590 upvotes
Scarborough
hmmm this is gonna completely throw of my re-fueling
I can fill up easily for $50, but I usually split it into 2 25L min for the AM :P
That being said, shell also tends to be alot more expensive that the other stations on the same corner :P
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
6121 posts
5322 upvotes
pnyknights wrote: hmmm this is gonna completely throw of my re-fueling
I can fill up easily for $50, but I usually split it into 2 25L min for the AM :P
That being said, shell also tends to be alot more expensive that the other stations on the same corner :P
You can purchase other things alongside filling up gas.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5250 posts
1000 upvotes
Toronto
Wow time to buy some giftcards if that's the case
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
2843 posts
869 upvotes
This is hot. 3 months to use it too! Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4498 posts
590 upvotes
Scarborough
Gtaphotog wrote: You can purchase other things alongside filling up gas.
yep saw that part too
guess I'll have to move around the categories on my Tangerine card :P
Curious what "food" people are buying? I like freshii, but haven't tried from shell yet XP
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Sep 16, 2019
8 posts
1 upvote
Can not find the typical exclusions in the T&Cs (excluding tobacco, gift cards, lottery, etc). Best I can gather is that the 10% savings only apples to how much gas you pump. Something like:

You purchase $10 of gas the purchase $40 gift cards, your purchase activates the deal, and you get the 10% credit for your fuel portion only.

“Advertising pertaining to cents off per litre of fuel language is an approximation based on current fuel prices. Actual conversion of cents per litre will depend on the fuel price at time of purchase and an assumption that fuel was purchased during the qualifying purchase. For example, in some regions if fuel is priced at $1.70 per litre, the actual cents per litre discount will be 17 cents per litre, conversely other regions have fuel prices closer to $1.20 per litre and the actual cents per litre discount will be 12 cents per litre.”

Will be interesting to see if they change the wording to make it more clear after they start receiving questions to clarify.
Jul 21, 2013
742 posts
405 upvotes
Calgary
So is this a 1 time deal or is this for every $50+ purchase until December 31?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19767 posts
4366 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
wilhelmthe1st wrote: "Now through December 30th, get a 10% discount as a statement credit on every purchase of $50 or more."
How exactly do they implement this? Do the have links to every MasterCard provider in Canada?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
May 16, 2011
17 posts
8 upvotes
THORNHILL
So because there's a redirect to another site after you go to the main shell.ca site, I'm putting on my skepticism hat, and concerned with it potentially being a scam; it is a really good deal, and if it's too good to be true, it may not be... Can anyone confirm this is coming directly from Shell Canada?