Expired Hot Deals

[Shell] EXPIRED: Save 10% on purchases until December 30th with linked Mastercard

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2020 8:02 pm
Mar 12, 2012
94 posts
144 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
AdScientia wrote: Looks like it's time to apply for a MasterCard.
Tangerine rejected me with an 800 score lmao, just read up on the details of their inexplainable targetting system.

Anyone else offering a good cash back value for no annual fee?
Rogers elite Mastercard.

4% unlimited cash back rewards on all eligible purchases made in a foreign currency1
2% unlimited cash back rewards on Rogers™ products and services charged to your card1
1.75% cash back rewards on all other eligible purchases1
https://rogersbank.com/en/rogers_worlde ... rd_details

And of course you can’t go wrong with Costco Mastercard if you have a Costco membership
You earn 3% on restaurant purchases, 2% on gas purchases, 0.5% on the first $3,000 you spend annually on all other purchases, and 1% after that
https://www.capitalone.ca/credit-cards/costco/
Last edited by fuzail on Sep 23rd, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1364 posts
3770 upvotes
Calgary, AB
raccoon wrote: can someone tell me how to downvote #81?! blyndfyre, you can kill it before everyone get it.
How would this kill it? You mean to tell me that because one of Shell's marketing tactics is even more successful thanks to this forum that they'll shut it down after all the effort they put in to materialize the offer?

I don't believe they would or I'd have never shared the thread.

This isn't a price error deal pal, settle down.
Mar 12, 2012
94 posts
144 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
RolandCouch wrote: You realize that if he was concerned he could have just asked if the link was legitimate and left it at that?
Agreed, better to be cautious. I’m sure he’ll be careful next time. I think they would’ve gotten wind of it regardless. I can only imagine how many views this thread has.
Oct 24, 2009
833 posts
1173 upvotes
Vancouver
I can see this promo being shut down before October is over. Or else they have to put certain threshold for the statement credit. Let's jump on this before it lasts or before they run out of useful giftcards.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3235 posts
1580 upvotes
Mississauga
Don't forget to use ebates /s
I love RFD! :)
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
13612 posts
3684 upvotes
GTA
blyndfyre wrote: How would this kill it? You mean to tell me that because one of Shell's marketing tactics is even more successful thanks to this forum that they'll shut it down after all the effort they put in to materialize the offer?

:facepalm:
[OP]
Sep 5, 2005
948 posts
1625 upvotes
Victoria
blyndfyre wrote: How would this kill it? You mean to tell me that because one of Shell's marketing tactics is even more successful thanks to this forum that they'll shut it down after all the effort they put in to materialize the offer?

Have you seen the offer advertised anywhere?
Has it occurred to you that it was possibly meant to be marketed to select customers but no T&C is in place to prevent anyone from registering their card?
Absolutely zero reason to ring alarm bells at Shell. ZERO.
Just like the Coast Capital offer this one could easily be ended early for many customers.

THINK.
Last edited by tofinoguy on Sep 23rd, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 13, 2017
388 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
I'm hesitant to give them my Credit card number.... One info leak/hack away from fraudulent purchases on your Mastercards....

guys, is this honestly safe to offer up your full card numbers for 10% off?
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
13612 posts
3684 upvotes
GTA
rendered22 wrote: I'm hesitant to give them my Credit card number.... One info leak/hack away from fraudulent purchases on your Mastercards....

guys, is this honestly safe to offer up your full card numbers for 10% off?
You aren't giving your exp date, name, security code, etc.
May 4, 2011
462 posts
306 upvotes
hbc credit card emailed me and told me they enabled all there cards already for this promo. pretty cool
Dec 27, 2017
312 posts
127 upvotes
Thanks! Seems like a hot deal!

Plus fuel up on Fri/Sat/Sun for 5x Air Miles, at least here in the Atlantic.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3564 posts
2461 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON

But...But...Shell may run out of gas! What then?? All because someone posted it on RFD!
Quick, grab your jerry cans and run to the nearest Shell before it's too late!
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18849 posts
6433 upvotes
Toronto
Who's going tonight?!?! Hahaha
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2785 posts
2384 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I remember Shell done something before that the promo was really good, so many people do it and they end it early. Can't remember which exact promo.
Hope it won't be the same this time around.
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2727 posts
1395 upvotes
cheapshopper wrote: I remember Shell done something before that the promo was really good, so many people do it and they end it early. Can't remember which exact promo.
Hope it won't be the same this time around.
I think that was the last 10x AM on instore purchases (up to $100 per purchase and 5 purchases per day) that was canned early?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1364 posts
3770 upvotes
Calgary, AB
tofinoguy wrote:
Just like the Coast Capital offer this one could easily be ended early for many customers.

THINK.
Mentioning to a CSR where I saw the deal won't be what ends this deal early because of too many customers, it was you posting it here. Nothing I did will have increased the thousands extra who will sign up because of this post.

Thank you for posting anyways and I'll earn what I can while I can, just like everything else.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2785 posts
2384 upvotes
Richmond Hill
RubberCheese wrote: I think that was the last 10x AM on instore purchases (up to $100 per purchase and 5 purchases per day) that was canned early?
I think so, I was keep buying Amazon gift card, but they end it early.
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Jan 2, 2018
451 posts
385 upvotes
FYI for anyone not near a Shell or looking for cheaper gas outside the promo, Canadian Tire giftcards often come on sale at Rexall for 10% off & can be used for gas.