Expired Hot Deals

[Shell] EXPIRED: Save 10% on purchases until December 30th with linked Mastercard

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2020 8:02 pm
Aug 29, 2017
531 posts
1787 upvotes
Airbum88 wrote: Anybody with a purchase from last week but still waiting for their rebate?
Yup. I thought I was the only one who still hasn't received anything. Purchased Sept 26th. Posted yesterday. Still no rebate.
“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do."― John Ruskin
Sep 12, 2019
77 posts
119 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: It is called Myvanilla, which is reloadable prepaid card. it is different from vanilla or Onevanilla cards which are non reloadable prepaid cards. What is double rebate?
Okay, this makes sense now. Thankfully I didn't dig myself into that hole.

My thought was you buy a prepaid MC to get 10%, then use that MC to buy another gift card to "double" the rebate. It's been mentioned that it is not possible because the prepaid are coded and are not reloadable.
Dec 31, 2008
402 posts
351 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
choclover wrote: Are people still able to buy GC's at Shell stations? It sounds like from reading several posts from yesterday that alot of the Shell stations were saying their systems are down or some such thing so that people could not buy these.
I ran into this at 2 locations yesterday. I filled up at Unity and Winston Churchill in Mississauga, then when I went inside and started looking at the GCs, the cashier said the activation system is down. Then I drove up the street to Creditview and picked some LCBO GCs, but when the cashier tried scanning them, it didn't work. He tried it with a few GCs and seemed genuinely confused, not as if he was trying to give me the runaround. The POS made an error-like sound when he scanned them. I may try again at some other locations, otherwise I'll just stick to gas.
Jul 8, 2010
172 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
how much is the maximum cash back for the Tangerine MC each month ? is there any cap on it ?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1379 posts
836 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
Wow, horrible experience for me. First time i went to my local Shell, the POS was not categorized as Shell so i lost 10$ in cashback. I tried again tonight and insisted to use the POS of Shell (they have 2). The girl didnt want to but finally agreed and separated my transaction (40$ in gas and 10$ in beer). So again, i will not be eligible for the credit from mastercard. I wont go back to this place... And she also told me that she can't sold any gift cards because of a problem of activation or something.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
2044 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
chenredflagdeals wrote: how much is the maximum cash back for the Tangerine MC each month ? is there any cap on it ?
No limit on the amount of Money-Back Rewards you can earn on your everyday purchases.
Jan 14, 2017
579 posts
297 upvotes
Homer88 wrote: All you people trying to exploit the promotion... this is why we can't have nice things
that's one way to look at it

another might be without these types of people we'd still be in caves. no laws were broken and companies get crowd sourced QA
The Great Leap Forward or Reset
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6315 posts
2747 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Simply got over $50 gas today... now wait for credit!!
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Jul 26, 2015
214 posts
135 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
georvu wrote: Simply got over $50 gas today... now wait for credit!!
My local Shell just priced premium gas at 185.9 today. The highest price I’ve ever seen in metro Vancouver in my lifetime. It’s simply cheaper at any other gas station in BC. Something to keep in mind.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
13612 posts
3684 upvotes
GTA
JFRACINE wrote: Wow, horrible experience for me. First time i went to my local Shell, the POS was not categorized as Shell so i lost 10$ in cashback. I tried again tonight and insisted to use the POS of Shell (they have 2). The girl didnt want to but finally agreed and separated my transaction (40$ in gas and 10$ in beer). So again, i will not be eligible for the credit from mastercard. I wont go back to this place... And she also told me that she can't sold any gift cards because of a problem of activation or something.
You didn't notice that she was dividing up your transaction?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1139 posts
675 upvotes
canada
RolandCouch wrote: You didn't notice that she was dividing up your transaction?
LOL where was OPs head when it was time to pay. Lmao. Op should go back and get another $50 card and get things done right
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5204 posts
1479 upvotes
Toronto
Sam286 wrote: My local Shell just priced premium gas at 185.9 today. The highest price I’ve ever seen in metro Vancouver in my lifetime. It’s simply cheaper at any other gas station in BC. Something to keep in mind.
Damn...you really need to be rich to live in Van City. Over here, I was seeing 112.9 at Shell after work today. [Edit] Premium here would still be +23...So 135.9
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro | CCM Ribcor Trigger 3D/Bauer Supreme 1S LE
'18 Union Flite Pro Red | Bauer Supreme 2S Gloves
'08 K2 T1 | CCM Super Tacks AS1
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1379 posts
836 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
RolandCouch wrote: You didn't notice that she was dividing up your transaction?
She didn't want to charge the beer on the shell POS terminal. At least, she agreed to charge the gas on the Shell terminal....
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7906 posts
1574 upvotes
MtX wrote: Me
Sept 25 and 26

GOnna try again tonight with the Rogers MC too
My Rogers MC purchase was made sept 25th, then credit posted 4 days later
Apr 5, 2006
340 posts
178 upvotes
Mississauga
Got two $50 amazon gift cards today at Shell, used tangerine MC. No problems with activation, and got 10 airmiles too!
Will wait for a rebate, but it's a good deal even without rebate because of better cashback and airmiles.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6315 posts
2747 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Sam286 wrote: My local Shell just priced premium gas at 185.9 today. The highest price I’ve ever seen in metro Vancouver in my lifetime. It’s simply cheaper at any other gas station in BC. Something to keep in mind.
Wow!!

Was just getting regular for 113.9 for our Outback... has big tank so $$
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1107 posts
554 upvotes
Vancouver
RDF effect killed the GC promo lol. This reminds me of the 7-11 Amazon promotion that got killed in one day
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
1149 posts
775 upvotes
alicklee wrote: RDF effect killed the GC promo lol. This reminds me of the 7-11 Amazon promotion that got killed in one day
How? We’re still getting rebates from GCs
Feb 4, 2017
104 posts
80 upvotes
Supply and Demand in metro Vancouver. Majority of the vehicles are high end Mercedes, BMW that takes Premium gas. Plus you only have 1 pipeline (aging TMX) to deliver jet fuels to the busiest airports, gasoline, diesel, etc ( can’t fit everything in 1 pipeline )