Expired Hot Deals

[Shell] Free Gas - 95 Air Miles for using 95 Cash Miles - Shell - Airmiles

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2019 11:18 pm
Sep 15, 2018
69 posts
57 upvotes
Can anyone tell me how to do a $10 gas transaction using the 95 Air Miles? I went to one of the Shell stations near our home and I asked the attendant inside the store if he could preload a $10 credit at the pump (prepay) by taking 95 Air Miles off the card. (I can't just pump $10 worth of gas and then go pay using the Air Miles as one has to prepay in Alberta.) He said that I should be able to do that at the pump. So I went back to the pump, entered my Air Miles card into the reader, it scanned it but did not seem to give me an option to use points for gas purchase. So I went back to the attendant inside the store and told him what had happened. He said he couldn't help me as he didn't know how to set it up for a $10 transaction using the 95 Air Miles. So in the end I didn't get a purchase made. I am sure someone here must have done this before. What was the process?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8811 posts
6990 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
GiAlRoBe wrote: Can anyone tell me how to do a $10 gas transaction using the 95 Air Miles?
Either you only have dream miles and not enough cash miles, or you've locked your account for redemption.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8811 posts
6990 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
On one family account, I can get 100 AMs for 3 fill-ups, but only on premium fuels.
On another, I can get 100 AMs with 4 fill-ups on any fuel type.
Likely won't be taking advantage of any.
Sep 15, 2018
69 posts
57 upvotes
None of those apply. I have over 200 Cash Air Miles and it is not locked for redemption either. Have no problem spending them at Safeway for example.
DragonRider wrote: Either you only have dream miles and not enough cash miles, or you've locked your account for redemption.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3016 posts
1623 upvotes
GiAlRoBe wrote: Can anyone tell me how to do a $10 gas transaction using the 95 Air Miles? I went to one of the Shell stations near our home and I asked the attendant inside the store if he could preload a $10 credit at the pump (prepay) by taking 95 Air Miles off the card. (I can't just pump $10 worth of gas and then go pay using the Air Miles as one has to prepay in Alberta.) He said that I should be able to do that at the pump. So I went back to the pump, entered my Air Miles card into the reader, it scanned it but did not seem to give me an option to use points for gas purchase. So I went back to the attendant inside the store and told him what had happened. He said he couldn't help me as he didn't know how to set it up for a $10 transaction using the 95 Air Miles. So in the end I didn't get a purchase made. I am sure someone here must have done this before. What was the process?
in Sask. Shell stations, you have to insert your credit card and AM card and select $10 gas purchase at the pump. Then the pump gives you an option to pay from your AM or credit card. select pay from your AM card.
Nov 27, 2018
55 posts
31 upvotes
YVR
GiAlRoBe wrote: Can anyone tell me how to do a $10 gas transaction using the 95 Air Miles? I went to one of the Shell stations near our home and I asked the attendant inside the store if he could preload a $10 credit at the pump (prepay) by taking 95 Air Miles off the card. (I can't just pump $10 worth of gas and then go pay using the Air Miles as one has to prepay in Alberta.) He said that I should be able to do that at the pump. So I went back to the pump, entered my Air Miles card into the reader, it scanned it but did not seem to give me an option to use points for gas purchase. So I went back to the attendant inside the store and told him what had happened. He said he couldn't help me as he didn't know how to set it up for a $10 transaction using the 95 Air Miles. So in the end I didn't get a purchase made. I am sure someone here must have done this before. What was the process?
Same thing happen to me a few months ago. I even got the attendant to go out to the pump to help with the transaction. No go. There is no option for redeeming AM at the pump currently in Vancouver, whereas 2 years ago I definitely could. Basically, attendant told me to complain to HO.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8811 posts
6990 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
GiAlRoBe wrote: Can anyone tell me how to do a $10 gas transaction using the 95 Air Miles?
ml88888888 wrote: in Sask. Shell stations, you have to insert your credit card and AM card and select $10 gas purchase at the pump. Then the pump gives you an option to pay from your AM or credit card. select pay from your AM card.
True, I missed that point. You definitely need to put in a credit card as well. Your credit card will only be charged for any amount extra on top of the redemption. If you select to redeem $10 and you purchased exactly $10 of gas, then there'll be no charge on the credit card.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1270 posts
793 upvotes
Toronto
BengaliPrince wrote: Targetted offer. You are lucky. I just got an email saying I have enough AirMiles for $10 off at Shell lol
When I got that email, I spent a good 5 minutes just reading it over & over and asking myself why they bothered to email me this if it wasn't a promotion lol...

The 2 cards I own:
1) Onyx: Recent collector of Cash Miles (used to get Dream); 3 FU 100BAM
2) Gold: Regular collector of Cash Miles; Nothing, but received and completed 4 FU for 100 BAM for like 3 or 4months in a row

Might look into a third card for STB and a chance to get more promos lol
Jul 4, 2005
750 posts
56 upvotes
Ontario
Insert your Air Miles card first, then payment card.
The pump will ask how much you would like to redeem.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8295 posts
4550 upvotes
ON
jakeoh wrote: As for minimum requirements:

Get 50 Bonus Miles when you use 95 AIR MILES Cash Miles or more on any single purchase at Shell (excluding tobacco products, Shell Gift Cards, Third Party Gift Cards, Prepaid Gift Cards, or Phone Cards). Maximum of 50 Bonus Miles per Collector Number for this offer.
This is a different offer for 50 BAM. They have different requirements for different offers.
Sep 15, 2018
69 posts
57 upvotes
Junk Food Junkie wrote: Insert your Air Miles card first, then payment card.
Thanks for all those that replied with this method mentioned. I shall give it a try tomorrow (hopefully before gas price goes up more!).
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8295 posts
4550 upvotes
ON
Junk Food Junkie wrote: Insert your Air Miles card first, then payment card.
In Ontario you insert CC first, pin and select amount for pre-approval, then insert Airmiles card. At this point it will ask if you want to redeem any Airmiles. Push yes. Then it will show the different amounts available for redemption 10$-20$-30$ etc. Pick the amount you want and pump your gas. The redemption amount selected will be discounted before the credit card charge if you pumped more than the redemption amount.
Jul 4, 2005
750 posts
56 upvotes
Ontario
dilligafeh wrote: In Ontario you insert CC first,
I'm in Ontario as well.
I was instructed to insert my points card first, both at Shell and at Petro Canada, so that's what I've always done.
Good to know it will work either way at Shell.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8295 posts
4550 upvotes
ON
Junk Food Junkie wrote: I'm in Ontario as well.
I was instructed to insert my points card first, both at Shell and at Petro Canada, so that's what I've always done.
Good to know it will work either way at Shell.
All pumps here in Toronto require CC first then Airmiles. Never came across one that takes the Airmiles first unless you're prepaying or paying at the cashier.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1391 posts
842 upvotes
Markham
I usually dont fill up at Shell and I do not receive the offer. I will continue not to fill up there.....