None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22788 posts
21630 upvotes
Eastern Ontario

SHELL OFFERS … Discussion thread

* 10 BAMs for every 30 L of Bronze/Regular, Silver/Plus and Diesel fuels … OPT IN Required (ends Dec 27th)

* 20 BAMs for every 30 L of V-Power Fuels … OPT IN Required (ends Dec 27th )

* 10 BAMs when you spend $20 or more on Lotto … OPT IN Required (ends Dec 27th)
Maximum = 40 BAMs per Collector Card

* 20 BAMs when you use 95 Cash Miles towards your purchase … OPT IN Required (ends Dec 27th )

* 10 BAMs for every $10 spent on qualifying non-fuel purchases … OPT IN Required (ends Dec 27th)

For T&Cs see the AMs Bonus Boom website = https://www.airmiles.ca/en/promotions/b ... boost.html
140 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1520 posts
963 upvotes
Toronto
Did 2 of the Shell offers today (Spend AM & fill 30L). I like how recently they show the AM's immediately.

Had some other offers there as well.
Images
  • trans.jpg
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22788 posts
21630 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Electrah wrote: Did 2 of the Shell offers today (Spend AM & fill 30L). I like how recently they show the AM's immediately.

We did the Shell Lotto offer yesterday … first day
I was a tad nervous cuz Shell has a history of screwing up offers in the early days of a BIG BONUS Event

But they came thru for me … BAMs were POSTED almost immediately into my AMs Account
Despite no info on my Shell Receipt

I take it other RFDers weren’t as lucky … and are now gonna be chasing miles for gas with Shell
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
4195 posts
4674 upvotes
Ontario
Electrah wrote: Did 2 of the Shell offers today (Spend AM & fill 30L). I like how recently they show the AM's immediately.

I also did the redemption on 30L last night.

Both BBB offers applied and stacked with a 3rd targeted non-BBB offer (but your offer is better! 50 BAMs/30L up to 6x).

Got back 82 BAMs almost enough to cover the entire 95 I redeemed.

I will get another 200 BAMs from the final tiered bonus (400/4, 600/6, 800/8) later.

No EasyPay bonus as I had to pay the balance in-store with discounted gift cards.

Shells offers are EASY and like you said, it now posts immediately to your account.

9B617033-8EE5-4C3A-9815-B402901651F0.jpeg
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
4195 posts
4674 upvotes
Ontario
I saw this last night. Not bad price if you like Coke products such as Glaceau Vitamin Water at 3/$5 plus 10 BAMs (stackable with BBB). This is comparable to Costco's case pricing but at Shell, you can buy the flavours you like.

Spend $10 and knock down 1 BBB offer and get another 100 BAMs from the final tiered bonus of 400/4, 600/6, 800/8.

Also you can do the Shell Redemption offer up to 4x to pay and get another 20 BAMs (but only 1 redemption counts towards the final tiered bonus)

4F82407F-286A-4246-AF30-D2B9925D3504.jpeg
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
6904 posts
4306 upvotes
Did shell today, 2 offers (30L and redeemed 95) got back more miles then I spent :)
4D75B361-FBCF-4862-9785-E24ADEE838F1.jpeg
Sep 17, 2007
422 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
I don't normally buy gas at Shell so have a stupid question about the redemption. When I go into cashier, do I first tell them I want to redeem cash miles to pay and then scan my airmiles card? Or just scan the card and then they will ask me (or I tell them) if I want to redeem 95 miles?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1483 posts
2845 upvotes
s'toon
lekkel wrote: I don't normally buy gas at Shell so have a stupid question about the redemption. When I go into cashier, do I first tell them I want to redeem cash miles to pay and then scan my airmiles card? Or just scan the card and then they will ask me (or I tell them) if I want to redeem 95 miles?
The latter, exactly the same as everywhere else. What is the difference between the two though? Lol. Either way, you scan the AM card BEFORE paying.
Jun 21, 2021
422 posts
302 upvotes
I did 2 offers at Shell on my DH card

Buy $20 Lottery Redeem 95 miles on the first day . Air mikes was posted to my Account with in a few hours

Will be doing my Card this week
Mar 7, 2018
79 posts
62 upvotes
* 10 BAMs for every $10 spent on qualifying non-fuel purchases … OPT IN Required (ends Dec 27th)

The fine prints for this offer says "You must “Opt in” to qualify by clicking on the link supplied in the communication and following the online instructions to complete the opt-in; only transactions completed after you have opted in will be eligible for this offer. "

But where is the link and instructions for opt-in??
My offer opens with "ready to use" already...
Dec 18, 2017
410 posts
317 upvotes
Alberta
Trigoria wrote: * 10 BAMs for every $10 spent on qualifying non-fuel purchases … OPT IN Required (ends Dec 27th)

The fine prints for this offer says "You must “Opt in” to qualify by clicking on the link supplied in the communication and following the online instructions to complete the opt-in; only transactions completed after you have opted in will be eligible for this offer. "

You likely already clicked "opt in" at the bottom of the offer. All of my Shell offers show "ready to use" as well, but I clicked the "opt in" on all of them. Where it says "ready to use" is where the words "opt in" used to be.

ETA - I've attached a photo of one that I didn't opt in for as I won't use it.
Images
  • shell opt in.PNG
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22788 posts
21630 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Trigoria wrote: * 10 BAMs for every $10 spent on qualifying non-fuel purchases … OPT IN Required (ends Dec 27th)

Click on OFFERS
Then BONUS BOOM BOOST from the drop down menu
Make sure the header is set to your home province
Then find the Shell Offer you want
Click on the Offer … it should flip over
And show you the Offers T&Cs
Click on the OPT IN button there

Still says Ready to Use … or … You have already Opted In to this Offer
Then go back to the BBB Offers List

Any offer that shows a ❤️ Is indeed ready to be used as you’ve either OPTED IN
Or put the Offer on your SAVE THIS OFFER List

NOTE - What you see on the screen can differ between whether you are logged in or not
Or which Province your BBB 2021 header is set for
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4189 posts
11591 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Posted this in the main Hot Deals AM BBB thread and thought it may be also useful for AB folks here

For those in AB and that have an AMA membership:
You can save on fuel every time you fill up at a Shell station with an AMA membership. Just insert an AMA membership card at the pump or swipe your card in-store and you’ll save 3¢/L. You’ll also get 10% off car washes and products in-store! (conditions apply)

Source: https://ama.ab.ca/membership/shell-fuel-savings

Offer is valid until February 28, 2025 at Participating Shell Locations for current members of the Alberta Motor Association (“AMA®”). The Offer provides a discount of 3 cents per litre when a qualified customer purchases any grade of Shell fuel (the “Discount”). The Discount shall apply to a maximum purchase of 1,000 litres per calendar month per AMA membership number.
Per the T&C's. The rest of the T&C's talk about the usual in-store exemptions.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22788 posts
21630 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
trystee wrote: Posted this in the main Hot Deals AM BBB thread and thought it may be also useful for AB folks here

Wowzer … that is big news.

I was in another thread recently and we were talking about AMA / CAA ending their relationship with other Gas Stations.

esso-extra-pc-optimum-esso-update-esso- ... #p35284019

CAA of course had a long term relationship with Petro Canada … and I also discovered in that thread that AMA had one with Esso out west too.

Lol, looks like AMA has moved on to a new suitor in Shell.

Wouldn’t mind if the same happened here in Eastern Canada … I could use another CAA Points / Discount partnership.

And to think this all must also STACK with the Shell GO+ BMO Offer at the pumps too (that one is 5x the BAMs WU Pay with a BMO AMs MC )

https://shellgoplus.ca/en/home

How sweet the Albertans must have it right now !
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2808 posts
1485 upvotes
trystee wrote: Posted this in the main Hot Deals AM BBB thread and thought it may be also useful for AB folks here

As implied, the Shell app does not accept my Ontario CAA membership.
Oct 1, 2003
780 posts
609 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm currently on Vancouver Island.

Tried to fill up at Shell, but they have no gas, due to floods in BC and supply route issues. Went to 3 of them. Darn!

Had to fill up at independent co-op chain, as I needed gas, as I was running my tank down for Bonus Boom fill-ups.

Oh how Airmiles Collecting manipulates my life!
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
4195 posts
4674 upvotes
Ontario
doobievibes wrote: I'm currently on Vancouver Island.

Tried to fill up at Shell, but they have no gas, due to floods in BC and supply route issues. Went to 3 of them. Darn!

Had to fill up at independent co-op chain, as I needed gas, as I was running my tank down for Bonus Boom fill-ups.

Oh how Airmiles Collecting manipulates my life!
I switch between Shell/Air Miles and Esso/PCO depending on extra bonus offers (standard base pts are useless for both).

But Rewards Programs sure do incentivize your purchases.

For BBB, you have until Dec 27 so hopefully the supply issues will be resolved by then!
Oct 18, 2015
367 posts
293 upvotes
Calgary
Every Shell I've been to:

Can ONLY redeem AM at pump.

BUT can ONLY use (discounted) GCs in store.

In addition to which, terminal in store can ONLY process 1 payment method -- so I can't even combine 2x25$ GCs to cover 30L.

Furthermore, the last few times I've tried using the app, absolutely no AM info appears on the receipt (I know I shouldn't expect miles to show, but I'm saying no info at all), and sure enough, no miles post and I have to call Shell to complain. But of course, Shell only give me my 1-2 AM (and nothing for any BB or other offers), because they say "Oh, it'll work next time". Sucks, because I'm supposed to be getting 6x TD points (=18 pts/$) on purchases using Easypay.

Yes, my AM info is properly added -- and I see the correct number of cash/dream miles in the app's front page!
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
4195 posts
4674 upvotes
Ontario
SamuelK wrote: Every Shell I've been to:

Can ONLY redeem AM at pump.

BUT can ONLY use (discounted) GCs in store.

In addition to which, terminal in store can ONLY process 1 payment method -- so I can't even combine 2x25$ GCs to cover 30L.
My experience has always been the opposite. I can redeem in-store and pay with multiple GCs.

In fact the system has recently changed where you don’t even have to tell them the remaining balance of the 1st gift card (which really is a pre-paid MasterCard)

Before they would have to do a split payment. Perhaps your Shell is on the old system and the clerk doesn’t know how to process prepaid CC’s.
Oct 18, 2015
367 posts
293 upvotes
Calgary
kiiaal wrote: My experience has always been the opposite. I can redeem in-store and pay with multiple GCs.

In fact the system has recently changed where you don’t even have to tell them the remaining balance of the 1st gift card (which really is a pre-paid MasterCard)

Before they would have to do a split payment. Perhaps your Shell is on the old system and the clerk doesn’t know how to process prepaid CC’s.
Drove from Calgary to Kimberley, BC, and back last week, and this was the case at every Shell I tried in both provinces.

I'm trying to use Shell GCs I bought from Safeway for 10x MR points last summer, not prepaid MCs. Dunno if that makes any diff... but in any case you'd expect it to be easier to use Shell GCs at a Shell station than some other form of payment!

In each case, conversation went like this:
  • Me: I want to buy 30L of regular in one transaction, but I can't use these GCs at the pump...
  • Shell: That's right. You have to use those in store.
  • Me: Right. So... I have 2x25$ cards, and I guess I'll take 45$ in one transaction!
  • Shell: No problem, sir. Please swipe your first card.
  • Me: Wait! First, I want to redeem 95 AM for 10$.
  • Shell: Unfortunately, sir, you can only redeem AM at the pump. Our system cannot do that inside the store.
  • Me: Whatever... So, it's still 45$, and I'm swiping the first card for 25$, right.
  • Shell: Yes sir. Please swipe your first card.
  • Me: swipe first card.
  • Receipt prints.
  • Attendant hands it to me.
  • Me: No, wait. I said 30L on one transaction.
  • Shell: Unfortunately, sir, our system cannot process 2 forms of payment. But you can come back in to use your other card.
Result: No AM whatsoever, since I wasn't even buying the minimum amount to get 1 measly mile!

This happened twice on the way there, and once on the way back ... and is separate from the issue of Easypay not awarding any AM at all.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)