Expired Hot Deals

[Shell] [Shell+] Get 50 BAM when you earn 1 mile per week for 3 weeks (YMMV) Aug31-Sep20

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2020 8:38 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1195 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto

[Shell] [Shell+] Get 50 BAM when you earn 1 mile per week for 3 weeks (YMMV) Aug31-Sep20

Got an email just now from Air Miles for Shell+:
Opt in by September 6 to get this limited-time Shell Go+ Bonus Offer:

Collect at least 1 Mile per week on fuel or in‑store purchases for 3 consecutive weeks. Get a total of 50 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles.
Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 9.12.21 PM.png

Looks like it's also advertised on their website (link added). So if you didn't get the email, try this:
  1. Go to https://shellgoplus.ca/en/home
  2. Click on the Offers & Experiences tab
  3. You should see a Visit 3 weeks in a row to get 50 Bonus Miles offer. Click on the Opt in button/link, and you'll be asked to sign in using your Air Miles collector number.
Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 9.32.42 PM.png

Terms and conditions:
  1. Opt in by September 6, 2020 to Get 50 AIR MILES Bonus Miles when you make at least one purchase per week for a 3-week period, that gets you at least one AIR MILES base Mile per purchase. Ends September 20, 2020.
    Offer valid August 31, through to September 20, 2020 at participating Shell locations (excluding Shell Flying J locations). You must opt into this offer by September 6, 2020 to be eligible. Get 50 AIR MILES Bonus Miles when you make at least one purchase per week for a 3-week period; that gets you at least one AIR MILES base Mile per purchase. Both fuel and convenience store purchases are eligible. See airmiles.ca or in-store for full Base Offer details. The 3 weeks are defined as: August 31 through to September 6, 2020; September 7 through to September 13, 2020; and September 14 through to September 20, 2020. No coupon required. The same valid AIR MILES Card must be swiped/Collector Number entered at time of each qualifying purchase. Offer may be combined with other Bonus Offers. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to 2 weeks post-promotion for your Bonus Miles to be posted to your Collector Account.
  2. Offer valid at participating Shell retail locations.
  3. Before taxes and excludes tobacco products, lottery tickets (instant & scratch), Shell gift cards, Partner/third-party gift cards, prepaid credit cards, phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law. No fuel purchase necessary. Offer valid at participating Shell retail locations.
  4. Maximum 50 AIR MILES Reward Miles from all Base Offers in a 24-hour period.
https://shellgoplus.ca/en/terms/d47815

edit: added T&Cs
edit2: looks like the deal is advertised on the Shell+ website, updating description adding links
42 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7448 posts
3555 upvotes
I had to opt in for this offer using the personalized e-mail sent to me. I am not sure if those who don't opt in will qualify for the offer.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2623 posts
1282 upvotes
I just got the email this morning. At first, the link wasn't working, but it has since been corrected and I was able to opt in.
Aug 17, 2008
925 posts
733 upvotes
Toronto
Easy 50 AM!
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Jan 21, 2012
403 posts
176 upvotes
Does redeeming 95 miles at the pump to get 10 bonus miles but no base mile count? The t & c said earn at least 1 base mile to qualify.
Oct 12, 2011
395 posts
244 upvotes
CARP
I'm glad they are back to having offers.
Nov 10, 2011
574 posts
485 upvotes
St. Catharines
lingecw wrote: Does redeeming 95 miles at the pump to get 10 bonus miles but no base mile count? The t & c said earn at least 1 base mile to qualify.
I think you get 1 base mile for buying 20 litres (10 litres if premium), then you redeem the 95 miles.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
Oct 27, 2006
898 posts
224 upvotes
what's the cheapest thing I could buy in the store that's worth 1 mile?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8815 posts
6995 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
skwan wrote: what's the cheapest thing I could buy in the store that's worth 1 mile?
Unless you can locate items with bonus miles, you'll have to spend at least $5. Beef jerky (Jack Links 80-81gm or Lorissa’s Kitchen 63gm) are $5.49 each.

1 AIR MILES Reward Mile for every $5 of eligible non-fuel products purchased in a single transaction before taxes and excludes tobacco products, all lottery tickets, all gift cards, prepaid credit cards, phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law.

Edit: Found you a cheaper way. There is a promo running until September 6th. 5 bonus miles for buying 1 participating Klondike sandwich bar ($2.49+tax) in store.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3563 posts
8892 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
DragonRider wrote: Unless you can locate items with bonus miles, you'll have to spend at least $5. Beef jerky (Jack Links 80-81gm or Lorissa’s Kitchen 63gm) are $5.49 each.

1 AIR MILES Reward Mile for every $5 of eligible non-fuel products purchased in a single transaction before taxes and excludes tobacco products, all lottery tickets, all gift cards, prepaid credit cards, phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law.

Edit: Found you a cheaper way. There is a promo running until September 6th. 5 bonus miles for buying 1 participating Klondike sandwich bar ($2.49+tax) in store.
The Klondike sandwich bar promo may not work, as the T&C's indicate "... when you make at least one purchase per week for a 3-week period; that gets you at least one AIR MILES base Mile per purchase".

Unfortunately, even getting 2 of these bars totalling $4.98 pre-tax wouldn't hit the $5 = 1 base mile awarded threshold. :(
Oct 27, 2006
898 posts
224 upvotes
How about those 2/$6 of red bull?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8815 posts
6995 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
skwan wrote: How about those 2/$6 of red bull?
Not much of a deal though considering supermarkets sell these for around a toonie each.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54013 posts
18958 upvotes
Redeeming 95 AM (and getting 10 BAM) should count too, correct?
Jan 21, 2012
403 posts
176 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: Redeeming 95 AM (and getting 10 BAM) should count too, correct?
I am afraid not, As you need to earn at least 1 base mile, bonus mile doesn't count.