Hot Deals

Shell

Shell Ultimate Wash Pro 40% off (upto 6 washes)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2023 12:30 am
Mar 28, 2013
1 posts
2 upvotes
BB88 wrote: Similar happened to me. The station is listed as a participation location that accepts in-app purchase car wash. The Shell app said click the Car Wash button when it's flashing green, but the car wash machine was flashing yellow and asked me to "Enter a code". The station attendant was clueless and didn't want to help, and just asked me to use it at another location.
Only click the car wash button when you're very close to the machine, and make sure:
1. Enable "location" on your phone
2. Turn on bluetooth on your phone (I had same problem at the first time when I didn't turn on bluetooth). I guess the code is sent via bluetooth connection.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5270 posts
6284 upvotes
adsusage wrote: Only click the car wash button when you're very close to the machine, and make sure:
1. Enable "location" on your phone
2. Turn on bluetooth on your phone (I had same problem at the first time when I didn't turn on bluetooth). I guess the code is sent via bluetooth connection.
Thanks for the information. I was literally next to the keypad panel outside of the car wash booth, and the app did prompt me for "nearby devices" permission which I granted. I also have bluetooth and location on. But I didn't know how to proceed.

Questions - From the Shell app, there is first a "Start Car Wash (Activate the wash using the app) button on the Car Wash tab. After I pressed it, it went to another screen where there was another "Start Wash" button and asked you to press it when it's flashing green. I don't know what it was referring to about that should be "flashing green". Should I press that second "Start Wash" button before I enter the car wash booth (next to the keypad) when the booth door is closed and asking for the car wash "code"?
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
May 24, 2016
327 posts
157 upvotes
Are the touch or touch less.
Touch usually leaves swirl marks in clear coat.
Depending on the year of your car could be a factor.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13353 posts
12122 upvotes
BB88 wrote: Thanks for the information. I was literally next to the keypad panel outside of the car wash booth, and the app did prompt me for "nearby devices" permission which I granted. I also have bluetooth and location on. But I didn't know how to proceed.

Questions - From the Shell app, there is first a "Start Car Wash (Activate the wash using the app) button on the Car Wash tab. After I pressed it, it went to another screen where there was another "Start Wash" button and asked you to press it when it's flashing green. I don't know what it was referring to about that should be "flashing green". Should I press that second "Start Wash" button before I enter the car wash booth (next to the keypad) when the booth door is closed and asking for the car wash "code"?
I don't know what it was referring to about that should be "flashing green"
= the light at the right side of the car wash entrance flashing green (i.e. the car wash is ready to wash the next car.)
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.