Expired Hot Deals

[Shell] YMMV -Save 5c per litre @Shell with your Airmiles card - ON,MB,SK,AB,BC,NT

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2017 11:34 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 18, 2007
189 posts
234 upvotes
Markham

[Shell] YMMV -Save 5c per litre @Shell with your Airmiles card - ON,MB,SK,AB,BC,NT

Got a mailer today, swipe your airmiles card to save 5c/L at the pumps or in store

YMMV as it's linked to the card.

I haven't used Shell much in the last year, in case it's targeted

Starts Feb 6 2017
Images
  • IMG_20170203_211938.jpg
Last edited by hewjas on Feb 3rd, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
37 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20124 posts
4663 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
I will gladly skip saving 5c/Litre in exchange for NOT giving Air Miles and DISLoyalty One any valuable information about my purchasing habits.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
1897 posts
357 upvotes
Mississauga
Shell is on my avoid list of stations. Gauging of +$0.20 for Premium. Ridiculous.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9759 posts
1259 upvotes
GTA
guessguy wrote: Shell is on my avoid list of stations. Gauging of +$0.20 for Premium. Ridiculous.
Yeah, is this a thing they do across the board or only at particular stations? I see most other brands will charge 17 cents extra for premium but I noticed that 20 cents difference at a few Shell stations..

I got one of these cards too. It is definitely targeted. I would not assume you are going to get the discount unless you got one of these cards or some other communication from Airmiles.

BTW, offer starts as of February 6th, maybe mention that in your OP, hard to see it in the image.
Sep 21, 2008
580 posts
811 upvotes
I, on the other hand, will gladly take the thousands and thousands of dollars of free flights and merchandise I've accumulated through air miles (mostly credit card churning) over the years. If having an extra $5,000 in my pocket means that somebody knows I buy eggs at Metro and Scotch at the LCBO...well, that's a worthy exchange in my view!

Jucius Maximus wrote: I will gladly skip saving 5c/Litre in exchange for NOT giving Air Miles and DISLoyalty One any valuable information about my purchasing habits.
Oct 5, 2006
624 posts
468 upvotes
Winnipeg
buriboi wrote: I, on the other hand, will gladly take the thousands and thousands of dollars of free flights and merchandise I've accumulated through air miles (mostly credit card churning) over the years. If having an extra $5,000 in my pocket means that somebody knows I buy eggs at Metro and Scotch at the LCBO...well, that's a worthy exchange in my view!
I'm rather torn with Shell's airmiles promos. the 20x airmiles is only for 25L premium gas, which my car doesn't need. So between the savings at gassing up at superstore with regular gas and getting airmiles at shell with premium gas, the difference is about $8 for 20 airmiles (for 25L of gas)... is it worth it?
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2013
1458 posts
519 upvotes
Mississauga
Capricornxs wrote: I'm rather torn with Shell's airmiles promos. the 20x airmiles is only for 25L premium gas, which my car doesn't need. So between the savings at gassing up at superstore with regular gas and getting airmiles at shell with premium gas, the difference is about $8 for 20 airmiles (for 25L of gas)... is it worth it?
What car only takes 25L? Unless you fill up at half? No one said put premium in your car that doesn't need it.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3535 posts
2184 upvotes
Kitchener
hewjas wrote: Got a mailer today, swipe your airmiles card to save 5c/L at the pumps or in store

YMMV as it's linked to the card.

I haven't used Shell much in the last year, in case it's targeted

Starts Feb 6 2017
Plus it came with a USB stick and a McDonald's hot beverage card with a sticker? Now that's what you call an awesome RFD!!
Why can't we all just get along?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6704 posts
2100 upvotes
Mississauga
jeff1970 wrote: Plus it came with a USB stick and a McDonald's hot beverage card with a sticker? Now that's what you call an awesome RFD!!
LOL
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1283 posts
529 upvotes
North York, ON
Also rec'd the mailer 5 cents off per litre. Get $30 of regular, minus 5 cents per liter and use 95 AM ($10 discount) and I end up with gas per litre = approx 70 cents. Can't beat that :-)

Starts Feb 6 2017 and ends April 16 2017.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1660 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: I will gladly skip saving 5c/Litre in exchange for NOT giving Air Miles and DISLoyalty One any valuable information about my purchasing habits.
+1

Air Miles is shady as hell and refuses to let people use their points.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air-mil ... -1.3697143

I hope Metro drops them.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3031 posts
1065 upvotes
North York
They ran a similar promotion last year which I fully took advantage of. Hopefully I get the mailer too
Jul 23, 2015
806 posts
583 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Ferinthul wrote: What car only takes 25L? Unless you fill up at half? No one said put premium in your car that doesn't need it.
Mine takes 33L IF it is bone dry.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15168 posts
6179 upvotes
If you guys have access to Perkopolis you can get 2.5c/litre savings cards for Esso, and if you combine it with a PC World Elite Mastercard, you will save 4.5c/litre on gas. That's what I do. Plus you can use Esso Extra. It works at the pump now too. You swipe the Esso Extra card, then the discount card, then insert your payment card and it all goes through.

I have heard that Shell gas is the best for your car though. Unless something has changed, Esso was always the worst. At the end of the day, though, gas is gas so I just go with Esso. It's probably still better than the no name gas stations. Although I hear the no name ones use Sunoco gas which is almost as good as Shell.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2013
1458 posts
519 upvotes
Mississauga
Nibbler2012 wrote: UHHHHHH Actually it's a Mercedes
Curious which model, I didn't know there were tanks less than 50. 33 seems like an odd number, but 10 gallons is roughly 33 litres.
Jul 23, 2015
806 posts
583 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Ferinthul wrote: Curious which model, I didn't know there were tanks less than 50. 33 seems like an odd number, but 10 gallons is roughly 33 litres.
All kidding aside...it's a smart fortwo with a 999cc triple cylinder gas engine. Min 91 octane. Around 600km per tank.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3704 posts
9692 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
jeff1970 wrote: Plus it came with a USB stick and a McDonald's hot beverage card with a sticker? Now that's what you call an awesome RFD!!
Haha. Am I the only one that wants OP to move that McD's sticker from slot 2 to slot 1? Thank you OCD. :)
[OP]
Jul 18, 2007
189 posts
234 upvotes
Markham
trystee wrote: Haha. Am I the only one that wants OP to move that McD's sticker from slot 2 to slot 1? Thank you OCD. :)
Mcdonalds counter staff don't seem to care as long as there are 7 stickers on the card, stick em on the front. on the back, upside down, 7 stickers all stacked on top of each other....