Hot Deals

[Sheriden Nurseries] Sheriden Nurseries: Big annual fall sale CANCELLED due to Covid. | Current sale 20-50% Oct 2 only | Oct 3-4 30% perannua

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2020 6:11 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
2522 posts
3293 upvotes
SAINT JOHN

Sheriden Nurseries: Big annual fall sale CANCELLED due to Covid. | Current sale 20-50% Oct 2 only | Oct 3-4 30% perannua

Deal Link:
Expiry:
October 11, 2020
Retailer:
Sheriden Nurseries
Was just checking to see when the big sale was happening and noticed they have the big annual sale on right now. They have the big sale once a year near fall at thier Georgetown location.

https://sheridannurseries.com/store-loc ... en-centre/

Current sale runs Sept 17 to Sept 30/2020. The farm sale is the weekend before thanksgiving.

From what I understand from reading online and I think from previous posts on RFD about this is that the first 1-2 days goes to the landscape contractors then the sale opens to the general public. I was there a a year ago but got there late however I was able to get the manager to give me a discount on a mini desktop greenhouse. I think they gave 20-25% off. Not a bad little greenhouse if you can get one. More durable then the jiffypot ones.

If anyone is going please update the thread. I tried calling to find out when the sale is for the general public and if the dates changed due to covid but no one is picking up the phone right now. I don't want to drive out 1.5hrs to find out they are closed to the public.

I /would/ greatly appreciate any feedback from anyone Going or can get through to the store for the dates and also some photos to update on inventory.

EDIT:

Thanks Jasonchan for the info.
jasonchan wrote: This is not the farm sale they have each year, that always happens the weekend before thanksgiving.

EDIT2

Just called Sheriden Nurseries. Was told the big annual sale at Georgetown was -CANCELLED- due to the rising fall covid numbers. However was informed they are still getting inventory for new stock and have two sales this weekend as products are dwindling down.

Oct 2/2020

TODAY ONLY - OPEN TO GENERAL PUBLIC
20-50% off

Oct 3-4/2020

30% perannuals
Last edited by thedealhunter2000 on Oct 2nd, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
7 replies
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
1440 posts
1249 upvotes
Toronto
This is not the farm sale they have each year, that always happens the weekend before thanksgiving.

This one is just a sale at all their nurseries (not specific to Georgetown - excluding the Toronto location) where I guess they moved some stuff from the farm.

1FDAC8C9-6F48-4144-BAB5-6B12B7E416C6.png
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1732 posts
771 upvotes
Scarborough
thedealhunter2000 wrote: Was just checking to see when the big sale was happening and noticed they have the big annual sale on right now. They have the big sale once a year near fall at thier Georgetown location.

https://sheridannurseries.com/store-loc ... en-centre/

Sale runs Sept 17 to Sept 30/2020

From what I understand from reading online and I think from previous posts on RFD about this is that the first 1-2 days goes to the landscape contractors then the sale opens to the general public. I was there a a year ago but got there late however I was able to get the manager to give me a discount on a mini desktop greenhouse. I think they gave 20-25% off. Not a bad little greenhouse if you can get one. More durable then the jiffypot ones.

If anyone is going please update the thread. I tried calling to find out when the sale is for the general public and if the dates changed due to covid but no one is picking up the phone right now. I don't want to drive out 1.5hrs to find out they are closed to the public.

I /would/ greatly appreciate any feedback from anyone Going or can get through to the store for the dates and also some photos to update on inventory.
curious about your desktop greenhouse, can i have a bit more info on which it is and price?
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11284 posts
1339 upvotes
jasonchan wrote: This is not the farm sale they have each year, that always happens the weekend before thanksgiving.

This one is just a sale at all their nurseries (not specific to Georgetown - excluding the Toronto location) where I guess they moved some stuff from the farm.

1FDAC8C9-6F48-4144-BAB5-6B12B7E416C6.png
Is the fall sale a good time to get indoor plants? Never been to any nursaries but my wife wants to get some indoor plants.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
1440 posts
1249 upvotes
Toronto
slowtyper wrote: Is the fall sale a good time to get indoor plants? Never been to any nursaries but my wife wants to get some indoor plants.
The farm sale in Oct is namely for perennials (even this OP’s mentioned sale is as well), occasionally they have one or two indoor plants and annuals, but they are typically in rough shape.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
10881 posts
5992 upvotes
Markham
Thanks OP for getting the info and posting it.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)