Toronto

25% off paint + $15 off $75 or more coupon

Savings:
25%
Expiry:
July 31, 2021
Retailer:
Sherwin Williams
Picked up a gallon of Emerald paint yesterday and found out they are offering 25% off paints until end of June. This is not an advertised sale. Spoke to the cashier and was surprised to see the discount upon check out. She said the sale is until end of June; however, they may extend to July.

Typically they run 30-40% off; however, I haven't seen it in a while.

A gallon of Emerald is $93 reg, so with 25% off is $69 after tax $78. Pick up a roller or couple of paint trays and use the Pottery Barn $15 off $75 coupon to pick up a gallon for essentially $63.

https://www.potterybarn.ca/sherwin-williams - $15 off $75 coupon (doesn't scan, but show employee to show it's valid and they will manually take off $15)

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/specia ... ial-offers - $10 off $50 coupon (always works)

They did have some issues with the coupon, so the manager just did a manual entry for $15 off.
Last edited by EscaBoi on Jul 7th, 2021 1:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2013
1458 posts
748 upvotes
GVR
Is the coupon valid in canada? I need a couple of gallon. It does not indicate canada on the fine print.
May 7, 2018
169 posts
342 upvotes
Lower Mainland
FYI: it may be a good deal but I'm not supporting a company like Sherwin Williams after they fired their employee for promoting their paint on TikTok.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ta ... int-mixing.

SW received a lot of social media shade over this.
https://www.prnewsonline.com/sherwin-wi ... ok-crisis/

The fired employee went on to receive job offers from nearly every major paint company.
https://adage.com/article/digital/fired ... ts/2296991

That is all. Carry on RFD. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Oct 4, 2009
361 posts
282 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
EscaBoi wrote: Picked up a gallon of Emerald paint yesterday and found out they are offering 25% off paints until end of June. This is not an advertised sale. Spoke to the cashier and was surprised to see the discount upon check out. She said the sale is until end of June; however, they may extend to July.

Typically they run 30-40% off; however, I haven't seen it in a while.

A gallon of Emerald is $93 reg, so with 25% off is $69 after tax $78. Pick up a roller or couple of paint trays and use the Pottery Barn $15 off $75 coupon to pick up a gallon for essentially $63.

https://www.potterybarn.ca/sherwin-williams

They did have some issues with the coupon, so the manager just did a manual entry for $15 off.
Tried the coupon and kept rejecting it as "invalid barcode". The manager didn't want to manually override it however... So, this is a YMMV deal. That said, I needed paint anyway and getting 25% off of something is a decent deal nonetheless.

Thank you OP!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1598 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
deus wrote: Tried the coupon and kept rejecting it as "invalid barcode". The manager didn't want to manually override it however... So, this is a YMMV deal. That said, I needed paint anyway and getting 25% off of something is a decent deal nonetheless.

Thank you OP!
Yeah seems the coupon code doesn’t work and they need to manually take off the $15. I made a another purchase at another location but thankfully they also took it off manually after looking at the coupon on my phone to verify it is still valid.

That said I believe you can also use the $10 off $50 coupon. Usually when I say I have a coupon they ask “$10 off?” And I tell them I have the Pottery Barn $15 off one and show them.

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/specia ... ial-offers
Apr 4, 2012
73 posts
32 upvotes
ONTARIO
Anyone know if they are still offering the discount?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1598 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
BeastBro wrote: Anyone know if they are still offering the discount?
The 25% off is still being offered just not advertised. Picked up a gallon this weekend. I've used the $15 off and was successful 3 of 4 times, but on all occasions they manually took $15 off. The last time no manager was working so they couldn't do it so I just showed the $10 off coupon in the link above and that one worked without issue.

I've updated and put the $10 coupon in the OP.
Jul 30, 2009
626 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Just came from one of the locations, it’s on until tomorrow
Mar 2, 2011
397 posts
95 upvotes
Mississauga
The Meadowvale location in Mississauga says this promo is happening all summer. Strange how its inconsistent for each location.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1300 posts
2511 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
Thanks OP! I was able to use the $10 off $50 coupon for some supplies this weekend. I learned the 25% off sale on paints is still on until August 22 (at least at my location).

Just curious... just what is it about the Emerald paint that makes it worth its price (reg $96.49 here)? I've been pretty happy with Sico's Cashmere (seems to be discontinued now) which was in the $55-57/gallon range, as far as ease-of-use and results, even with just 1 coat on top of a decent primer.
Jun 22, 2017
22 posts
22 upvotes
CalgaryBen wrote: Thanks OP! I was able to use the $10 off $50 coupon for some supplies this weekend. I learned the 25% off sale on paints is still on until August 22 (at least at my location).

Just curious... just what is it about the Emerald paint that makes it worth its price (reg $96.49 here)? I've been pretty happy with Sico's Cashmere (seems to be discontinued now) which was in the $55-57/gallon range, as far as ease-of-use and results, even with just 1 coat on top of a decent primer.
What location did you go to?
I went last Monday and they told me they were not having sales because of a paint shortage. I went to the Easthills location.

I ended up buying some contractor grade sherwin william paint off kijiji.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1300 posts
2511 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
novembersgone wrote: What location did you go to?
I went last Monday and they told me they were not having sales because of a paint shortage. I went to the Easthills location.
Airdrie (East Lake). I asked about the 25% off sale on paints, but didn't buy any (not quite ready to paint yet), and they didn't indicate there was any shortage. They were out of a couple other items I wanted, due to supply chain issues...
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
2095 posts
958 upvotes
Off topic... but just wondering, which is better in general - Sherwin Williams or Benjamin Moore?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3075 posts
1362 upvotes
Mississauga
manho wrote: Off topic... but just wondering, which is better in general - Sherwin Williams or Benjamin Moore?
Thats a coke vs pepsi question !
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1724 posts
480 upvotes
ORLEANS
TLSRULZ wrote: Thats a coke vs pepsi question !
Meaning they are equally good? I love pepsi not coke. So which one is pepsi? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3075 posts
1362 upvotes
Mississauga
yup.. you cant go wrong with either as long as you stay with their mid to top-tier lines.
Dec 23, 2007
854 posts
182 upvotes
Winnipeg
At my local store in Winnipeg they still have the 25% going on until the end of September. I just picked up some paint yesterday and got 25% off and used the 10off coupon posted from the OP.