40% Off Paints and Stains

Savings:
40% off
Expiry:
July 22, 2019
Retailer:
Sherwin Williams
The sale is back on! (FROM JULY 19-22)

As always, you can also try to use the $10 off $50 coupon for extra savings.

For those who have purchased before, does anybody have a price list of either the regular prices or prices after discount for their paint?

Also for somebody looking to paint over already painted walls and cabinets is it recommended to use Emerald interior for the walls and emerald trim enamel for the cabinets?
Last edited by Petrified1 on Jul 18th, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
46 replies
Mar 5, 2016
262 posts
117 upvotes
I only buy Emerald and it is 89.95 per gallon before discounts.

Emerald is their top of the line product. Their contractor paints are also good (ProMar?) and cheaper than Emerald. That said, for amateur painters like myself, I go for Emerald because I find that the application of the product is easier, and I can get better results without necessarily having all the skills.

For my case, I figured I'd only fully repaint every decade or so. The extra cost associated with having top of the line paints works out to nothing over time.
Aug 30, 2017
129 posts
151 upvotes
Pardon my being so obtuse today, but where do I find these coupons you're referring to?
Nov 4, 2014
95 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Petrified1 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 3:21 pm
The sale is back on!

As always, you can also try to use the $10 off $50 coupon for extra savings.

For those who have purchased before, does anybody have a price list of either the regular prices or prices after discount for their paint?

Also for somebody looking to paint over already painted walls and cabinets is it recommended to use Emerald interior for the walls and emerald trim enamel for the cabinets?
Believe this is what you are looking for?
Photo was taken on June 6th.
Images
  • IMG_3628a.jpg
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2009
2249 posts
1202 upvotes
in terms of quaity, sherwin williams or benjamin moore?
Mar 5, 2016
262 posts
117 upvotes
timonwong wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 6:16 pm
in terms of quaity, sherwin williams or benjamin moore?
General consensus is Benjamin Moore > Sherwin Williams, but not by much. I have a few walls done with Benjamin Moore, but the majority of my place is Sherwin Williams. They are both holding up fine, but it has only been roughly 2 years.

With the 40% off, Sherwin Williams is a no brainer IMO
Mar 5, 2009
18 posts
1 upvote
How does the Sherwin Williams Emerald paint compare to the Behr premium plus ultra from HD?
Sep 13, 2013
65 posts
7 upvotes
Ottawa
Do they have any paint that i can use to paint my basement cement floor? Do i need epoxy paint or any cement paint will do? Anyone have any experience that they can share?
Jan 15, 2007
279 posts
47 upvotes
eroci7 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 8:09 pm
Do they have any paint that i can use to paint my basement cement floor? Do i need epoxy paint or any cement paint will do? Anyone have any experience that they can share?
I used the porch and floor enamel last year on a new build fresh cement floor basement. Holding up well so far.
[OP]
Jan 5, 2013
644 posts
149 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Thanks so much for posting this! Couldn't find this anywhere and the last one posted on RFD was too blurry to fully see.

Thank you!!!
May 3, 2016
349 posts
232 upvotes
Deepi wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 8:04 pm
How does the Sherwin Williams Emerald paint compare to the Behr premium plus ultra from HD?
Cannot say from personal experience - but from people who I know - Behr is not even close (to Emerald from Sherwin Williams, that is)