Expired Hot Deals

[Sherwin Williams] Paints and Stains 40% off

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2019 9:16 am
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1531 posts
126 upvotes
SW a good place to buy rollers and paint brushes? Need some equipment for outdoor paint and also PT fence staining. Any recommendations?
Sep 26, 2013
91 posts
33 upvotes
Winnipeg
reggyDeal wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 9:59 am
SW a good place to buy rollers and paint brushes? Need some equipment for outdoor paint and also PT fence staining. Any recommendations?
When they have a good sale, they aren't too bad. You'll get much better sale prices from the big box stores though.
Sep 20, 2016
65 posts
20 upvotes
Can anyone recommend a good product (from this sale) for covering the concrete floor in my mechanical room? I just had a piece of it jackhammered out and then new concrete poured in and smoothed but I want to cover it in something so its not so dusty and so it looks a little nicer.

Thought maybe I could use the BEHR stuff that Home Depot sells for outdoor patios or garages but the reviews make it seem pretty sketch.
Nov 14, 2018
75 posts
179 upvotes
reggyDeal wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 9:55 am
Thank you, just installed the app and see the $25 credit when you spend $100. These offers only available on the phone app?

Could you post the $165 calculations? Does ray include the $10 stacking?

"To be eligible for a $25(CAD) statement credit, a qualifying purchase of $100(CAD) or more in a single transaction, after taxes, must be charged to your registered Card in store at a participating Sherwin-Williams location in Canada during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account by 02/07/2019. "
Sorry if I was misleading about visiting the app, the offers can be viewed and registered via your online account as well. If you sign in and scroll to the bottom of the summary page (1st page after login), you will see them there. I registered via the app and thought that was the only way initially.

To maximize your discount, I calculated the following:
$165 * 0.6 = $99 after 40% off pre-tax
$99 - $10 = $89 after $10 coupon pre-tax
$89 * 1.13 = $100.57 after tax
$100.57 - $25 = $75.57 after Amex rebate applied

Without any discounts, you'd spend $186.45 after tax, so the discount would be equal to $75.57 / $186.45 = 59.5% discount

Since the $10 coupon and $25 rebate are static, the more you spend beyond $165 would reduce your effective discount. I ended up spending $174.76 before taxes and discounts, so I effectively got 58% off. Just a word of warning to anyone looking to max out the deal, make sure you add prices based on the exact paint type you are looking for. I priced out my purchase based on the tag for matte paint thinking it would be the same as the semi-gloss I was planning to buy and was informed at the till that each level of sheen/gloss adds $2. So the regular price of the can was $6 more than I was expecting... not a deal breaker, but something to keep in mind in case you price based on a more expensive paint and end up paying $6 less (which could literally be a deal-breaker).
reggyDeal wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 9:59 am
I just picked up SIMMS ProSelect paintbrushes, pack of 6 (sizes 1.5-2.5" assorted) and an 11pc SIMMS Paint Roller set (inc roller frame, 6 rollers, 1 tray, and 3 tray liners) at Costco for $14.79 and $16.99, respectively. I've used one brush and one roller so far for painting my bathroom and I am quite pleased with the quality and value. I've done 2 coats of primer and 1 coat of paint so far and both are still in excellent shape. The rollers are intended for Smooth & Semi-smooth surfaces and can be used for flat, low sheen, or semi-gloss paints. If that isn't suitable for your project, I noticed that painting accessories are 30% off at Sherwin Williams, so you can pick up when buying your paint
Oct 3, 2005
224 posts
55 upvotes
Edmonton
Here's a blast from the past. General Paint (which Sherwin Williams bought out) had a loyalty program/discount card that I bought into for 20% off anything for life, and I was able to use it at a Sherwin Williams location post-buyout. I'm wondering if it could stack with the 40% off sale in store. Anyone else here have the old loyalty/discount card?
Jun 5, 2007
443 posts
126 upvotes
North York
Not sure why its showing me 30% off instead of 40% off
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1531 posts
126 upvotes
BornToSave wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 10:28 pm
If your garage is unheated, exterior acrylic latex. Better mold and mildew resistance. If you keep cars in garage the melting snow/ice leaves moisture in the space.

I just completed my garage using Duration Satin finish. Really good coverage, easy to work with, looks great.
Going to buy some paint today, did you paint the ceiling of the garage the same color as the walls? Did you do one coat or two?
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1531 posts
126 upvotes
For those using the $10 off coupon does it have to be printed out or showing on phone good enough?
Nov 25, 2013
217 posts
103 upvotes
Hoth
Thx OP, bought 3 gallons for just over $80 with tax.
Nov 25, 2013
217 posts
103 upvotes
Hoth
reggyDeal wrote:
Jun 29th, 2019 3:41 pm
For those using the $10 off coupon does it have to be printed out or showing on phone good enough?
I had both but I'd say that's going to be different from store to store. Some won't even take it because it's already on sale.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
22623 posts
8364 upvotes
I want to punch their marketing guy.
I'm pretty sure being early has no bearing on the quality of paint you're going to buy.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1531 posts
126 upvotes
xwingman72 wrote:
Jun 29th, 2019 3:44 pm

I had both but I'd say that's going to be different from store to store. Some won't even take it because it's already on sale.
Coupon TnC says it can be stacked with other discounts though? Which locations you guys went to where they take the coupon?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1046 posts
592 upvotes
Southern Ontario
reggyDeal wrote: Going to buy some paint today, did you paint the ceiling of the garage the same color as the walls? Did you do one coat or two?
Yes, ceiling and walls same colour—-avoids issues with overlap at top corners. Two coats
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
4729 posts
1013 upvotes
Toronto
xwingman72 wrote:
Jun 29th, 2019 3:43 pm
Thx OP, bought 3 gallons for just over $80 with tax.
How? Which ones did you grab
Phones for sale
Signing up for Koodo / Public Mobile ? 😉
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1531 posts
126 upvotes
BornToSave wrote:
Jun 29th, 2019 8:01 pm
Yes, ceiling and walls same colour—-avoids issues with overlap at top corners. Two coats
You primed also. Spoke to a sales-rep at SW he claims you can get away with one coat + prime, or two coats of paint without prime. Is second coat necessary to hide imperfections, or you just did it for extra durability? Also we're talking here the "Duration Satin finish exterior acrylic latex paint", yea?

Guy on the phone was also suggesting on cheaper A100 outdoor paint, which is about $12 cheaper, he said all the contractors use it and they love it.