Expired Hot Deals

[Sherwin Williams] Paints and Stains 40% off Jan. 25 to 31, can also use $10 off $50 purchase coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2020 2:49 pm
Nov 30, 2019
42 posts
63 upvotes
Thanks OP. I was looking for a paint deal. Just picked up up emerald in eggshell and used the $10 coupon today.
Mar 7, 2011
671 posts
469 upvotes
Winnipeg
How does this compare to other paint brands? Ive heard that apparently Benjamine Moore is quite good, while dulux is not?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5795 posts
2571 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Dav326235 wrote: How does this compare to other paint brands? Ive heard that apparently Benjamine Moore is quite good, while dulux is not?
BM is usually 50% off but SW is 40% off.

Is the primer on sale as well?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
1945 posts
5445 upvotes
Dav326235 wrote: How does this compare to other paint brands? Ive heard that apparently Benjamine Moore is quite good, while dulux is not?
Personally I prefer Sherwin Williams over Benjamin Moore.
Jul 22, 2019
693 posts
647 upvotes
Has anyone had problems using 2 $10 off $50 coupons.
I was hoping to split my order into 2, so I can use 2 seperate $10 coupons.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
1957 posts
598 upvotes
Mississauga
DoorCrasher wrote: thanks for sharing, OP. Let me share with you guys a pro tip. Not a pro painter's tip, but a pro RFD'er tip! Un;ess you are in a rush for painting, Never ever buy Sherwin Williams paint at regular price. They run this 40% off regularly, many times/year.

I now only use Sherwin Wiliams paint thick, easy to apply, excellent results with this brand
Or in my case since I was buying a lot ($1K worth) to repaint my house (just moved in) .. my local store manager just added me into the system as a permanent 40% off ! :) .. this way we did not have to buy it all at once.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5795 posts
2571 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
TLSRULZ wrote: Or in my case since I was buying a lot ($1K worth) to repaint my house (just moved in) .. my local store manager just added me into the system as a permanent 40% off ! :) .. this way we did not have to buy it all at once.
Can I just tell him I am a contractor and get 40% off?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3045 posts
3280 upvotes
Cant read it too small, but have anyone tried that 27$ one? I am repainting some rooms to sell the house, is there any major difference between it and the 55$ one?

Also, do they have any bigger pails?
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5795 posts
2571 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
HandyFellow wrote: Went to purchase paint today and took a picture of the discounted price list, if anyone's interested. (Right click on image and open link in new tab for higher resolution image)
The image is kind of small.
Can you tell me how much is the superpaint after discount?
The price in your picture is before of after discount?
PriceHunter wrote: Cant read it too small, but have anyone tried that 27$ one? I am repainting some rooms to sell the house, is there any major difference between it and the 55$ one?

Also, do they have any bigger pails?
I would say, if you are reselling, dont go with SW. Buy the cheapest paint you can get. Like the SICO that is 50% off in lowes now.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
1869 posts
1351 upvotes
Montreal
jokerswild1 wrote: How does this compare to walmart paint
Hmm this is a Lexus and Walmart is a Lada.
Dec 28, 2019
17 posts
85 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: The image is kind of small.
Can you tell me how much is the superpaint after discount?
The price in your picture is before of after discount?

I would say, if you are reselling, dont go with SW. Buy the cheapest paint you can get. Like the SICO that is 50% off in lowes now.
You have to right click on the image and open link in a new tab to access the higher resolution image. Then you need to click on the image in the new tab to zoom into it.

Superpaint (Sale price):
Matte: $44.99
Eg-Shel: $46.79
Pearl: $47.39
Semi-Gloss: $47.99

Don't forget to use the $10 coupon to get additional discount when you purchase $50 or more.
Mar 22, 2017
879 posts
795 upvotes
West GTA
All brands have 'good' lines and 'not as good' lines. SW has a few lines I quite like:

Opulence/Cashmere: amazing showcase paint, good two-coat coverage, ideally use with a primer, it's easy to apply, levels beautifully and looks like a great 'showcase' paint. I used this in living spaces. EDIT: it touches up wonderfully, but isn't super durable so if you're in a spot where you anticipate a lot of wear and tear on the walls, look further down to Duration/Emerald.

Duration: crosslinks as it cures so it's really tough - finish isn't quite as good as Opulence, but it's great for places with some moisture (bathrooms, kitchens) or high traffic (entryways, maybe kid's rooms).

Emerald: really high quality paint, goes on beautifully, comparable to BM 'Aura'. Only thing about this paint is that when you apply it, don't dawdle - if for example you cut it, then drink a coffee, then paint the wall you risk some letterboxing due to its high solids content.

Superpaint - mid range paint plus primer, good to go over existing water-based paint in fairly good condition.

Eminence - their 'ceiling paint', I hate it (got lap lines on sharp angles and have heard it's common).

Dulux Diamond is pretty good, and BM Regal is great (similar to Opulence) and Aura also great (emerald-like). Ben's more of a midrange paint, like Superpaint, but still perfectly fine.
Last edited by grumble on Jan 27th, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5795 posts
2571 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
HandyFellow wrote: You have to right click on the image and open link in a new tab to access the higher resolution image. Then you need to click on the image in the new tab to zoom into it.

Superpaint (Sale price):
Matte: $44.99
Eg-Shel: $46.79
Pearl: $47.39
Semi-Gloss: $47.99

Don't forget to use the $10 coupon to get additional discount when you purchase $50 or more.
Great. Thanks.
grumble wrote: All brands have 'good' lines and 'not as good' lines. SW has a few lines I quite like:

Opulence/Cashmere: amazing showcase paint, good two-coat coverage, ideally use with a primer, it's easy to apply, levels beautifully and looks like a great 'showcase' paint. I used this in living spaces.

Duration: crosslinks as it cures so it's really tough - finish isn't quite as good as Opulence, but it's great for places with some moisture (bathrooms, kitchens) or high traffic (entryways, maybe kid's rooms).

Emerald: really high quality paint, goes on beautifully, comparable to BM 'Aura'. Only thing about this paint is that when you apply it, don't dawdle - if for example you cut it, then drink a coffee, then paint the wall you risk some letterboxing due to its high solids content.

Superpaint - mid range paint plus primer, good to go over existing water-based paint in fairly good condition.

Eminence - their 'ceiling paint', I hate it (got lap lines on sharp angles and have heard it's common).

Dulux Diamond is pretty good, and BM Regal is great (similar to Opulence) and Aura also great (emerald-like). Ben's more of a midrange paint, like Superpaint, but still perfectly fine.
Great detailed information.
Jun 14, 2008
383 posts
265 upvotes
grumble wrote: All brands have 'good' lines and 'not as good' lines. SW has a few lines I quite like:

Opulence/Cashmere: amazing showcase paint, good two-coat coverage, ideally use with a primer, it's easy to apply, levels beautifully and looks like a great 'showcase' paint. I used this in living spaces.

Good information!

I need to paint my garage door and main entrance door, can you give some pro tips, which paint is good?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3045 posts
3280 upvotes

What about Captivate?
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.