Expired Hot Deals

[Sherwin Williams] Paints and Stains 40% off Sept. 18-21, (Use $10 off coupon over $50 or $15 off coupon over $75)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2020 8:19 am
Apr 12, 2017
47 posts
41 upvotes
ahammad wrote: Considering painting the garage. I've always used SW Emerald for interior paint and it is fantastic. Any ideas on a paint for the garage? It's indoor but it might see some harsher elements.
I'm in the middle of finishing my garage and used Glidden PVA primer on new drywall. I got Glidden premium in satin for paint from home depot, paint was $34 a gallon, primer was $57 for a 5 gallon pail. I put 2 coats of both.
Aug 20, 2011
12 posts
6 upvotes
Great deal! :) I'm looking to paint some new board and batten exterior shutters. Does anyone know what would be the best Sherwin Williams paint for this job?
Jul 8, 2010
871 posts
351 upvotes
White Bear, ON
What do you guys rec for a garage door (wood) and outside metal doors (garage & front door)? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2746 posts
284 upvotes
Thanks OP. Need to purchase 10-12 gallons of paint.

Checked the SW stores around me and they only let one coupon to be used in conjunction with the 40% promo. Splitting transactions doesn't matter because it's "tied to the account".
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2334 posts
2787 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The Cambie and Broadway location has been OOS on the Woodscapes semi transparent for over a month now.
Apr 10, 2009
715 posts
123 upvotes
Ive always used behr marquee and have always been satisfied with the smell and coverage (usually covers in 1 to 2 coats if its similar darkness to the old paint, and smell gone in a few hours, plus its low VOC anyways)

Wanted to give SW a shot, which one of these would be comparable?
Jun 7, 2009
213 posts
256 upvotes
Just wanted to mention that I wasn't able to use the Pottery Barn coupon ($15 off $75 purchase) yesterday. When the cashier tried, it said that it was expired in the system - even though it's valid through October. She was new and was having issues - the system also froze - when trying to manually override the system with a discount it would then knock the 40% off sale price.

After 7 min of trying and assistance from the other cashier I said just use the standard $10 off $50. People reported having the Pottery Barn coupon work during the last sale, but that was either 30% or 35% off.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2746 posts
284 upvotes
matt2_m416 wrote: Just wanted to mention that I wasn't able to use the Pottery Barn coupon ($15 off $75 purchase) yesterday. When the cashier tried, it said that it was expired in the system - even though it's valid through October. She was new and was having issues - the system also froze - when trying to manually override the system with a discount it would then knock the 40% off sale price.

After 7 min of trying and assistance from the other cashier I said just use the standard $10 off $50. People reported having the Pottery Barn coupon work during the last sale, but that was either 30% or 35% off.
Same experience for me. The CSR said that the coupon was expired. Could only use one $10 off $50 coupon.
Dec 26, 2010
207 posts
88 upvotes
Thanks OP
Was able to grab 2 gallons, both with 40% off and both with the $10 coupon
Thumbs Up SignThumbs Up Sign
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5192 posts
3444 upvotes
Here's my pro RDF'er tip about Sherwin Williams paint: DO NOT EVER BUY THIS AT REGULAR PRICE! Sherwin Williams runs a 40% sale now and then every years, especially when it is a season change. Unless you are un a rush to paint, and absolutely want Sherwin Williams paint, wait for that kind of sale! The also have 30% OFF sales, once and then as well.

Now, Sherwin Williams worth all pennies thrown when it is at 40%. Thick and easy to apply, this paint hides very well, is easy to clean, and lasts in time. You will be tired of the color, but will be still lool like a fresh coat. The key when it comes to paint work is the surface preparation.
Jul 8, 2010
871 posts
351 upvotes
White Bear, ON
DoorCrasher wrote: Here's my pro RDF'er tip about Sherwin Williams paint: DO NOT EVER BUY THIS AT REGULAR PRICE! Sherwin Williams runs a 40% sale now and then every years, especially when it is a season change. Unless you are un a rush to paint, and absolutely want Sherwin Williams paint, wait for that kind of sale! The also have 30% OFF sales, once and then as well.

Now, Sherwin Williams worth all pennies thrown when it is at 40%. Thick and easy to apply, this paint hides very well, is easy to clean, and lasts in time. You will be tired of the color, but will be still lool like a fresh coat. The key when it comes to paint work is the surface preparation.
What type of paint from SW should i get for a wood garage door and outdoor metal doors? Duration Exterior Acrylic Latex? Thanks.
Aug 30, 2012
125 posts
18 upvotes
matt2_m416 wrote: Just wanted to mention that I wasn't able to use the Pottery Barn coupon ($15 off $75 purchase) yesterday. When the cashier tried, it said that it was expired in the system - even though it's valid through October. She was new and was having issues - the system also froze - when trying to manually override the system with a discount it would then knock the 40% off sale price.

same thing happened this afternoon in the Markham store...ended up being provided with $20 credit towards next purchase
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1027 posts
785 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mathu83 wrote: What type of paint from SW should i get for a wood garage door and outdoor metal doors? Duration Exterior Acrylic Latex? Thanks.
I use EMERALD, rule of thumb is always use the best paint you can buy since if you can avoid repainting for an extra few years is worth the few bucks more you pay for the best.
Sep 25, 2019
276 posts
310 upvotes
sirxterminator wrote: I use EMERALD, rule of thumb is always use the best paint you can buy since if you can avoid repainting for an extra few years is worth the few bucks more you pay for the best.
If you use EMERALD, make sure you do 5 star job on preparing the surface, sand & prime. EMERALD is a "coating paint" and it is thick; it will cause old paint to peal when dry. Same with the top end BM & Dulux paints.

For metal doors, our paints still like 123 bulleyes prime & HP 2000 paint from general paint. There is something nice about HP 2000 with metal. For metal, always to prepare & spray. Brush & roller will not make finish you like. For excellent finish, consider using a automotive paints with a matte clear coat.