Food & Drink

Shin Ramyun (instant noodles) Spice Pack?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2015 11:48 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2006
3833 posts
68 upvotes

Shin Ramyun (instant noodles) Spice Pack?

Hi There,

I was wondering if they sell JUST the spice for the instant noodles?

I'd like to be able to make just the soup base and cook my own noodles. Couldn't find at T&T.

Ju Leon...

I mean,

Billdozer...
You're not funny.
12 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25065 posts
2245 upvotes
Markham, ON
Hot pepper paste (Gochujang)
+
Beef / veg/ or chicken powder stock
Dec 2, 2014
405 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto, ON
unfortunately they dont sell them on its own
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6851 posts
1932 upvotes
Richmond Hill
i'm wondering if they sell the noodles only (no msg pack wanted)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
718 upvotes
billdozer wrote: Hi There,

I was wondering if they sell JUST the spice for the instant noodles?

I'd like to be able to make just the soup base and cook my own noodles. Couldn't find at T&T.

Ju Leon...

I mean,

Billdozer...
Next time you buy instant noodles and use 1.5 packages of noodles, just use 0.5 of the spice packets instead of 2. There is too much sodium in there as is.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2004
1724 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
yesstyle wrote: i'm wondering if they sell the noodles only (no msg pack wanted)
this made me lol
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6851 posts
1932 upvotes
Richmond Hill
buffylover wrote: this made me lol
Its a legit question. People like the noodles but wants to cook them in their own soup bases (healthier ones). this practice is pretty common but people actually wanting the spice packs on the other hand...
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
22908 posts
4387 upvotes
Toronto
I have a great idea...I like the Shim Ramyun noodles only and will keep the spice packages and sell them to you...

There we go, win win for all!!

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2005
1692 posts
328 upvotes
Ottawa
yesstyle wrote: i'm wondering if they sell the noodles only (no msg pack wanted)
I've actually seen them at a Korean grocery store in North York. It was exactly Shin ramen minus the soup but the noodle looked pretty much the same.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
1334 posts
132 upvotes
They actually do have the noodles by itself. Ask for "Ramyun sari" 라면사리 in Korean. Fried noodle blocks are actually a common addition to a lot of Korean dishes (tdeukbokki, budae jjigae, dakgalbi etc) so it''s commonly sold separately in Korea.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6851 posts
1932 upvotes
Richmond Hill
EM_K19 wrote: They actually do have the noodles by itself. Ask for "Ramyun sari" 라면사리 in Korean. Fried noodle blocks are actually a common addition to a lot of Korean dishes (tdeukbokki, budae jjigae, dakgalbi etc) so it''s commonly sold separately in Korea.
ya i knew i saw them sell it separately in Korea. Wasn't sure about here in Canada
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13619 posts
2979 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
They actually do!! I've seen them. Basically large sacks of no name generic instant noodles that noodle houses and wonton places get. Very cheap! I recall seeing sacks of them at food basic few yrs back. It was like $10 bux for 25-30 or so....
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING