• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2019 7:20 pm
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
6765 posts
3918 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
They are cool looking, but from what I understand they don't end up being really any cheaper (if that was a concern). Some of them look amazing (especially if they have the see through panels). A pool was a requirement for us when we bought our current house, but I was not willing to pay for a new one installed - had to be pre-existing. No way was I going to swallow that expense. So, our house has a pre-existing 20 x 40 inground pool. We love it and swim almost nightly from May well into October. Love, love, love it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
6765 posts
3918 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
smacd wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 12:24 pm
They look too small to be useful. You'd be better off with a lap pool imho. https://www.swimex.com/residential-lap-pools/ for similar money.
They are customizable. They are up to 40' long and widths can be 8', 10', 12', etc. That is bigger than many pools.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11448 posts
10914 upvotes
Oakville
Where does the cost save come from? You still have to dig a hole, crane it into position, plumb it, waterproof it, etc.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2005 posts
628 upvotes
Edmonton
engineered wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 3:36 pm
Where does the cost save come from? You still have to dig a hole, crane it into position, plumb it, waterproof it, etc.
You could always use it as an above ground pool......
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
6765 posts
3918 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
engineered wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 3:36 pm
They don't have to be dug in. You can have it dug in, partially dug in, or on ground. As far as the savings, I don't think there is much of a savings, but they sure do look pretty cool (especially with the windows).
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11448 posts
10914 upvotes
Oakville
walleye*guy wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 5:21 pm
You could always use it as an above ground pool......
A vinyl above ground pool would be much cheaper.
Chickinvic wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 6:18 pm
They don't have to be dug in. You can have it dug in, partially dug in, or on ground. As far as the savings, I don't think there is much of a savings, but they sure do look pretty cool (especially with the windows).
Yea, the nice thing with this is that it's different and could do some cool things with it.