• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2021 5:53 pm
[OP]
Aug 15, 2018
754 posts
649 upvotes

Shipping lenses to the US

Hi all,

Found a buyer for one of my lenses, he is based in the US.

Have any of you shipped lenses across the border?

I am thinking of going with Expedited Parcel to USA from Canada Post. Is there a chance the parcel gets confiscated by the customs and what would be the consequences then?

Thank you
5 replies
Mar 27, 2021
385 posts
467 upvotes
mattnew wrote: Hi all,

Found a buyer for one of my lenses, he is based in the US.

Have any of you shipped lenses across the border?

I am thinking of going with Expedited Parcel to USA from Canada Post. Is there a chance the parcel gets confiscated by the customs and what would be the consequences then?

Thank you
There's always a chance of package getting lost, get it insured and have it tracked, easy peasy.

Be sure customs declaration is accurate, it's a bit of paper work but not complicated.
Long Time RFDer / restarting life
[OP]
Aug 15, 2018
754 posts
649 upvotes
restartRFD wrote: There's always a chance of package getting lost, get it insured and have it tracked, easy peasy.

Be sure customs declaration is accurate, it's a bit of paper work but not complicated.
Thanks for the tips. I mean there shouldn't be any reason for the customs to stop and hold the parcel? Package will be insured, more concerned for the buyer.
Mar 27, 2021
385 posts
467 upvotes
mattnew wrote: Thanks for the tips. I mean there shouldn't be any reason for the customs to stop and hold the parcel? Package will be insured, more concerned for the buyer.
They only hold parcels if they feel the value is under-declared, or if the parcel is illegal or prohibited.
Long Time RFDer / restarting life
[OP]
Aug 15, 2018
754 posts
649 upvotes
restartRFD wrote: They only hold parcels if they feel the value is under-declared, or if the parcel is illegal or prohibited.
Sounds good thank you for the info, it should be ok then.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3773 posts
2457 upvotes
London
netparcel-shipping-rates-45-60-off-2296241/

try netparcel u get a discounted ups shipping label that can be cheaper then canada post. they give u $100 insurance for free. as long as the item is below 800 usd there is no import fees for us people.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)