Automotive

Shipping Parts from USA (Ebay)

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 7th, 2017 11:48 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3298 posts
368 upvotes
Mississauga

Shipping Parts from USA (Ebay)

When buying car parts from the USA through Ebay, do Canadians typically get hit with addition shipping charges (duties/customs/etc)?

Aside from shipping it to a USA address and then driving across the border, what are other creative solutions to shipping large parts / car parts across the border?

Cheers.
8 replies
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
2968 upvotes
keenland
bk2the6ix wrote: When buying car parts from the USA through Ebay, do Canadians typically get hit with addition shipping charges (duties/customs/etc)?

Aside from shipping it to a USA address and then driving across the border, what are other creative solutions to shipping large parts / car parts across the border?

Cheers.
rockauto...no surprises ever...and actually great customer service (whenever i had a problem)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3298 posts
368 upvotes
Mississauga
cardguy wrote: rockauto...no surprises ever...and actually great customer service (whenever i had a problem)
doesn't seem like they carry aftermarket upgrade components?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 9, 2012
4334 posts
3624 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I've used this service 3-4 times now with no complaints. Let's you ship to their USA address and they forward to their office in Mississauga for local pick-up.

Gets you free USA shipping without having to drive to New York State to pick up.

https://crossborderpickups.ca
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3298 posts
368 upvotes
Mississauga
CanadianLurker wrote: I've used this service 3-4 times now with no complaints. Let's you ship to their USA address and they forward to their office in Mississauga for local pick-up.

Gets you free USA shipping without having to drive to New York State to pick up.

https://crossborderpickups.ca
does this link show up as unsafe / unsecured for anyone else?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 9, 2012
4334 posts
3624 upvotes
Oakville, ON
bk2the6ix wrote: does this link show up as unsafe / unsecured for anyone else?
Used to come up fine for me, but tried just now and looks like they have a certificate issue now. Site still works if you proceed.
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
2968 upvotes
keenland
CanadianLurker wrote: Used to come up fine for me, but tried just now and looks like they have a certificate issue now. Site still works if you proceed.
do they charge duties taxes hst? when you ship to canada ? ..that service seems interesting..
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 9, 2012
4334 posts
3624 upvotes
Oakville, ON
cardguy wrote: do they charge duties taxes hst? when you ship to canada ? ..that service seems interesting..
They provide a brokerage service for free, but if there are taxes and duties that would normally be payable then they pass that along to you with no mark-up. Basically, duties/tax/hst would cost you the same via them as it would if you crossed the border and claimed it yourself.

Otherwise, they have a service fee to pick up in Mississauga or a service fee if you want them to deliver to your door. Not cheap, but not expensive either when compared to spending 3 hrs back and forth to the border + gas....

Their page about fees: https://crossborderpickups.ca/cross-bor ... ups-rates/
Sr. Member
Jul 26, 2010
919 posts
87 upvotes
eastern Ontario
A lot of ebay stuff has a to canada to the door all in. It's their global program. basically it's from USA sellers who don't ship to canada. Pitney bowes runs it I think but any time I look at using it the shipping charges and international fees are ridiculous. I find ebay pretty useless now. Amazon.ca is good for some stuff but prices are ridiculous on some. If I search for a mower spindle worth about $50 I can find it on amazon.ca for $464 plus shipping.

Top