• Dec 6th, 2019 3:17 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4165 posts
2492 upvotes

Shipping problems, need advice

Hey folks
I ordered an item on november 18 and the item was shipped by ups. I've been tracking the item via the ups ap and it's been in limbo and delayed ever since with the message "we've incorrectly sorted the package which may cause a delay"

I contacted UPS and they said there was an error in the shipping address and as the receiver of the item I couldnt fix the problem as the shipper can only change the destination address.

I emailed the company I made the purchase from (shipper) and explained the item hasnt arrived and I want a refund cause the item has taken to long to deliver. They said I would have to accept the item, then contact them to create a return form. I tried to explain they would have to contact ups to fix the shipping issues and they kept reiterating I figured after numerous attempts by ups that they would eventually send back the item to the company.

I'm just looking to get a refund and wonder what my next step of action should be? Contact my credit card company?

Thanks
7 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1612 posts
353 upvotes
Vancouver
You will have to wait until you either receive it or it’s declared as lost.

The retailer doesn’t want to refund you at this point because they don’t want you to get a free product if you finally receive it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4165 posts
2492 upvotes
Ups told me the address is incorrect and the shipper would have to contact them to fix the error. It's been 2 weeks since I order and rather just get a refund. I figure that ups is similar to Canada post where if the item isnt delivered within 15 days, they send the item back to the original shipper thus I would get a refund.
Does UPS follow the same procedure?
Should I contact my credit card company for a chargeback
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1612 posts
353 upvotes
Vancouver
witenite wrote: Ups told me the address is incorrect and the shipper would have to contact them to fix the error. It's been 2 weeks since I order and rather just get a refund. I figure that ups is similar to Canada post where if the item isnt delivered within 15 days, they send the item back to the original shipper thus I would get a refund.
Does UPS follow the same procedure?
Should I contact my credit card company for a chargeback
No, you can't do a chargeback yet because the item is technically still in transit and you could still receive it. Try asking the retailer to request UPS return the package to them and then issue you a refund.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4165 posts
2492 upvotes
sandy_beach wrote: No, you can't do a chargeback yet because the item is technically still in transit and you could still receive it. Try asking the retailer to request UPS return the package to them and then issue you a refund.
I did send out the email to the retailer and they emailed me basically brushing me off and saying no In order to get a refund I have to accept the item, email them back an request a return/refund form and then ship it back.

Hence why I was thinking they would return the item to the retailer after trying to deliver for 15 days
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15142 posts
16134 upvotes
Oakville
Ask UPS what will happen if nobody does anything.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3658 posts
2204 upvotes
Vancouver
witenite wrote: I did send out the email to the retailer and they emailed me basically brushing me off and saying no In order to get a refund I have to accept the item, email them back an request a return/refund form and then ship it back.

Hence why I was thinking they would return the item to the retailer after trying to deliver for 15 days
Instead of asking the for a refund, get them to contact UPS to resolve this. You can then decide what to do afterwards. Do things one step at a time instead of trying to skip steps because you aren’t getting a refund until you or the retailer gets the package back (or UPS declare it lost and insurance pays the retailer).