Travel

Shipping service for skis from Toronto to a Colorado ski resort?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2020 3:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2003
1437 posts
565 upvotes
North York

Shipping service for skis from Toronto to a Colorado ski resort?

Is there such a thing as a shipping service, where I can send my skis from Toronto and have it delivered at a later date to a ski resort in Colorado when I arrive?

I was hoping to make a short trip with the family for a few days to Arizona before a ski trip to a Colorado ski resort, without having to lug around 4 sets of skis/poles/boots with me.

I'd rather not rent ski gear if possible. Thx
10 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1669 posts
417 upvotes
Vancouver
Maybe FedEx? Give them a call and see.
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
10553 posts
3871 upvotes
You sure you dont want to rent? If you get a powder day you can get powder skis which i assume you dont have. Makes a huge difference
Autocorrect sucks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2003
1437 posts
565 upvotes
North York
GangStarr wrote: You sure you dont want to rent? If you get a powder day you can get powder skis which i assume you dont have. Makes a huge difference
Even though we're from Toronto, we all have powder skis and custom fitted boots, as we mostly ski BC and Utah for the powder. :)
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
23567 posts
22526 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
I know that Golf Club Shipping is a big thing
Especially within the USA & her territories

So that is where I began my search ...

And @sandy_beach is right ... FedEx offers this as part of their Luggage Forwarding Services
(Golf Clubs - Skis - Bikes)

Skis = https://www.luggageforward.com/shipping-skis/

I know sometimes there can be issues if you ship Unaccompanied Luggage Internationally
So you’ll also want to refer to that info too
https://www.luggageforward.com/ship-lug ... ationally/
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2727 posts
1989 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
royaljelly wrote: Is there such a thing as a shipping service, where I can send my skis from Toronto and have it delivered at a later date to a ski resort in Colorado when I arrive?

I was hoping to make a short trip with the family for a few days to Arizona before a ski trip to a Colorado ski resort, without having to lug around 4 sets of skis/poles/boots with me.

I'd rather not rent ski gear if possible. Thx
Ship through airline cargo?

I’ve used this before to ship large items to Europe. Some airlines will hold the cargo for you (with or without a charge) and some even have local partners that can deliver door to door.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7140 posts
4056 upvotes
Ottawa
It would probably be way cheaper to rent than to have them shipped unless you are going for a long time.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
17013 posts
12413 upvotes
Toronto
bring your own boots, rent skis
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1901 posts
1066 upvotes
London
Swerny wrote: bring your own boots, rent skis
This is what we do when we go to Lake Louise.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
5873 posts
4417 upvotes
LaLaLand
shipskis.com or Fedex or UPS.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2017
1059 posts
816 upvotes
I'm only half joking here, but what if you were to find someone who wants to fly down with them for you and then you could take them back? It would likely be more reliable and similarly priced. Find a Star Gold member and they could take three bags free on the plane. You could probably do this for $600-700 total, probably the same or less than a reliable shipping service.

I certainly second the recommendation to take your boots and rent the rest, that's certainly what I do.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)