[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12214 posts
1131 upvotes
Brampton

Shocking video of dump truck pushing car onto Highway 401 shoulder

https://www.680news.com/2020/01/14/high ... -shoulder/

Looks like somewhere in the GTA. Notice the second truck looks like they are going for the civic too! So beware of the dump trucks out there!
Last edited by cheapmeister on Jan 16th, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
54 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20682 posts
4824 upvotes
Poormond Hill
The snow plow should be easy to identify as it should have paint from the Civic in it's body.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4848 posts
9196 upvotes
Ottawa
My version: Civic was a dick, brake checked a truck (brake-checking is stupid and especially cars that are much bigger than you), then the truck didn't want anything of it and just pushed Civic to the shoulder.
Regardless of Civic actions truck driver will get into serious trouble here.
Obiously this is just a speculation and I know nothing about what actually happened. Maybe their brakes just failed so they had to push Civic to the shoulder after contact and continue on plowing other cars afterward.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19943 posts
5325 upvotes
Off the 404
Just another daily uber driver and large truck interaction in Toronto.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
15690 posts
4739 upvotes
London
That's not a snow plow.

Its a "stone slinger". It's like a fancy dump truck with a conveyor belt used in construction to distribute the gravel load in a specific area

Dec 4, 2017
277 posts
252 upvotes
seafish wrote: My version: Civic was a dick, brake checked a truck (brake-checking is stupid and especially cars that are much bigger than you), then the truck didn't want anything of it and just pushed Civic to the shoulder.
Obiously this is just a speculation and I know nothing about what actually happened. Maybe their brakes just failed so they had to push Civic to the shoulder after contact and continue on plowing other cars afterward.
I also speculate the Civic did something the truckers didn't appreciate. The Quebec tractor trailer that followed after wanted to stop parallel to the Civic for some final remarks. Truckers were probably on the CB radio tag teaming their action plan. Regardless of Civic's stupidness, trucker's road rage is uncalled for.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15147 posts
16142 upvotes
Oakville
seafish wrote: My version: Civic was a dick, brake checked a truck (brake-checking is stupid and especially cars that are much bigger than you), then the truck didn't want anything of it and just pushed Civic to the shoulder.
Definitely wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
3879 posts
2676 upvotes
Wow! I was thinking maybe the car was abandoned in the middle of the road. Whatever the circumstance, I can't think of any justifiable reason for this.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2010
1351 posts
699 upvotes
Toronto
l69norm wrote: That's not a snow plow.

Its a "stone slinger". It's like a fancy dump truck with a conveyor belt used in construction to distribute the gravel load in a specific area

This....nothing to do with snow plow. OP do you bot news with out even read the article first?
You need to change the title of this thread
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
11693 posts
6287 upvotes
Brampton
I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often TBH.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2007
1286 posts
1270 upvotes
coriolis wrote: Just another daily uber driver and large truck interaction in Toronto.
I'm sure that truck has dashcam inside, and he did that on purpose, fully knowing police will hear his side of the story.
Also, he has another witness, driver of the tractor trailer, who will most likely confirm his story.
Every time I see newish Civic or Corolla in downtown TO, 99.5% its a clueless Uber driver, who's unemployable, and his best shot at making $8/hour is to cause downtown gridlock, make sudden stops anywhere he wishes to.
I can't wait for self driving cars to make it here. Our streets will be a lot safer and less cluttered.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19943 posts
5325 upvotes
Off the 404
xrvr wrote: I'm sure that truck has dashcam inside, and he did that on purpose, fully knowing police will hear his side of the story.
Also, he has another witness, driver of the tractor trailer, who will most likely confirm his story.
Every time I see newish Civic or Corolla in downtown TO, 99.5% its a clueless Uber driver, who's unemployable, and his best shot at making $8/hour is to cause downtown gridlock, make sudden stops anywhere he wishes to.
I can't wait for self driving cars to make it here. Our streets will be a lot safer and less cluttered.
Truth. Also all Nissan vehicles. I wouldn't be surprised if they all had 84 month financing plans, the vehicles gonna have so much damage, wear and over 100,000 km in the first year. Out of warranty with the value being nothing within 3 or 4 years. Halfway through the financing term. Big yikes.
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
14516 posts
2999 upvotes
Toronto
xrvr wrote: I'm sure that truck has dashcam inside, and he did that on purpose, fully knowing police will hear his side of the story.
I won't be so judgemental. Many times they are new immigrants who need to find work to support their family. I would rather have someone gainfully employed then sucking welfare or doing crime. We all have to start somewhere in life and this may be the first step for them.
Last edited by hightech on Jan 15th, 2020 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless