Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2689 upvotes
Vancouver

Shomi and Crave now available on Apple TV

Bell's Crave TV and Rogers Shomi are now available on Apple TV:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... e24255232/

But apparently no change in this policy: "both require a subscription to traditional paid TV services, (CraveTV) or Internet (Shomi)"

So likely the only people to benefit would be those who have an ATV and Rogers/Shaw internet service without cable TV. If you have cable TV, then these services are already available on your cable TV boxes, so there would be little point to accessing them via ATV. I don't know what Bell is thinking.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2015
1999 posts
154 upvotes
Wood Bridge
thats awesome, cant wait to try ShowMi on the apple tv up at the cottage where we don't have cable subscription
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8663 upvotes
GTHA
JamesA1 wrote: So likely the only people to benefit would be those who have an ATV and Rogers/Shaw internet service without cable TV. If you have cable TV, then these services are already available on your cable TV boxes, so there would be little point to accessing them via ATV. I don't know what Bell is thinking.
'pmcd' wrote that shomi works better on AppleTV compared to the cable TV boxes.
pmcd wrote: And shomi is much more enjoyable on Apple TV than with Rogers Next 3 box which I find to be poorly laid out, sluggish and just downright confusing. Both Bell and Rogers would do well to change their interface. At least Bell has a 30 sec jump ahead function for their remote but beyond that I have no idea why either company keeps peddling their receivers.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)