None
[OP]
Apr 27, 2007
226 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto

Shop.ca

Anything worth buying there?

I bought those Gift Cards because of the 50 off 150 thing and have bought a couple of things now I have $70 to spend (includes a $20 off 50 coupon)

I keep looking for something decent to buy but everything is way more expensive then elsewhere.
7 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21125 posts
5804 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
I bought 1 item at shop.ca is it makes me leery of shopping there again. The item was shipped from some other 3rd party company even though nothing in the product's description stated it. The item arrived damaged (and it looked like it was a manufacturing error, NOT shipping damage) and I tried to initiate the return. All of my communications were delayed by 2 days because the shop.ca rep was acting as an intermediary, relaying all my communications to the real seller. It was like broken telephone and it became apparent that the third party seller did NOT understand the real nature of the issue and their response was addressing concerns that I had never complained about! I had gotten pretty frustrated with this and returned the item. Fortunately this part was easy.

So it seems to me like shop.ca is a lot like Amazon Marketplace except they don't tell you which items are shipped from themselves rather than third parties.

As an Epilogue, it turned out that the 3rd party seller has a retail store in the GTA, so I went to that store and bought another one of the same item directly that did not have the manufacturing defect.
- casual gastronomist -
Dec 21, 2012
627 posts
158 upvotes
San Diego
unknown1 wrote: Anything worth buying there?

I bought those Gift Cards because of the 50 off 150 thing and have bought a couple of things now I have $70 to spend (includes a $20 off 50 coupon)

I keep looking for something decent to buy but everything is way more expensive then elsewhere.
I bought once and items were good. Another time I used up 20$ off coupon but my tablet was somehow returned back without reaching my house. Address was perfectly fine but 3rd party did mistake I guess. Finally I got my money back. I would personally suggest everyone in here (RFD) to avoid this crappy shop.ca. Items are overpriced and coupons seems to me has no /little value. Please avoid this seller.
[OP]
Apr 27, 2007
226 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
It will probably be my last time I buy from them unless I'm buying giftcards that I need.

Just need to spend the money I have left
Verified Rep
Apr 8, 2012
94 posts
63 upvotes
TORONTO
Jucius Maximus wrote: I bought 1 item at shop.ca is it makes me leery of shopping there again. The item was shipped from some other 3rd party company even though nothing in the product's description stated it. The item arrived damaged (and it looked like it was a manufacturing error, NOT shipping damage) and I tried to initiate the return. All of my communications were delayed by 2 days because the shop.ca rep was acting as an intermediary, relaying all my communications to the real seller. It was like broken telephone and it became apparent that the third party seller did NOT understand the real nature of the issue and their response was addressing concerns that I had never complained about! I had gotten pretty frustrated with this and returned the item. Fortunately this part was easy.

So it seems to me like shop.ca is a lot like Amazon Marketplace except they don't tell you which items are shipped from themselves rather than third parties.

As an Epilogue, it turned out that the 3rd party seller has a retail store in the GTA, so I went to that store and bought another one of the same item directly that did not have the manufacturing defect.
Hi Jucius,

I'm very sorry about the issues that you had experienced with your purchase and return. SHOP.CA is a Canadian Marketplace, so all inventory is owned by our Merchant Partners.

All Merchants are indicated on the product page of the item that is being viewed and can be found under the "Product Information" section located just below the product description.

If you require further assistance, on any further matters, please feel free to contact our Customer Loyalty team at 1-855-474-6722 or you can definitely send us an email at [email protected]

Take care,
Dec 24, 2011
835 posts
558 upvotes
I personally have bought there twice and haven't had any issues. Shipping was fast and well packaged.

I haven't bought electronics though, so many that's the difference.
Deal Expert
Jun 11, 2007
15770 posts
1684 upvotes
Maple Ridge
I bought twice there and no problem neither.
Prize Won:
(2015-2016) Nothing big/Small...
(2014) Huawei Mini Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
Feb 5, 2013
171 posts
40 upvotes
I can never find anything to buy on there because it's too overpriced.