• Jul 22nd, 2014 7:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10762 posts
5378 upvotes
Toronto

[Shop.ca] Auto Parts W/FS + CashBack/Promo Codes

I realize this isn't technically a specific Hot Deal, but it is hopefully of use to someone if they weren't aware of it. You can actually get new auto parts at good prices at shop.ca with free shipping and use all of the combined offers there to minimize the cost. For those unfamiliar with shop.ca, you can often get cashback from Ebates, Great Canadian Rebates, or Shop.com of 3.5 - 15%, sometimes as high as 20%. Currently low at 7-8%. There are often promo codes for $10 off $40(SHOPRMN1040), $10 off $100 almost always, $15 off $100 and $15 off $30 or $30 off $100 occasionally. There are also periodically Pay Pal promos that give $25 off a $75 order. Much of it can often be combined. There are also Aeroplan offers there that give 15 times the Aeroplan miles on first purchases after adding an Aeroplan card to a shop.ca account. There is also $25 in credits paid for referring someone to shop that orders over $75. This is also good for filler items on other orders to meet promo thresholds, things like wipers, air/oil filters work well.

Prices on parts are variable, and selection obviously depends on make and model, they don't have everything, but prices for mine were very competitive on a bunch of items before all this. Brake parts, wipers, radiators, struts, OS sensors were very well priced, before the discounts/coupons, with them, it is a slam dunk imo, with free shipping. It is not so obvious from the above page how to order this way, so here is the link to the provider (Prime choice), I just looked up the available parts for my car there and searched on shop.ca for the part number and added it to the cart. That simple. Delivery time was decent.
http://www.primechoiceautoparts.ca/
30 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3589 posts
2255 upvotes
West Coast
Some decently priced items for my truck. I'll keep it in mind next maintenance run. Cheers
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Dec 13, 2012
831 posts
584 upvotes
TORONTO
thanks OP. Was about to shop for a window regulator for my Accord.
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11606 posts
4748 upvotes
St-Fabien de Panet, …
Last time I bought parts from shop.ca ebates told me there was no cashback for auto parts. Also be advised that most if not all of their parts are made in China. I bought brake parts and they seem to be Ok.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10762 posts
5378 upvotes
Toronto
bug wrote: Last time I bought parts from shop.ca ebates told me there was no cashback for auto parts. Also be advised that most if not all of their parts are made in China. I bought brake parts and they seem to be Ok.
Thanks for that info. I'll have to check cashback on my order. I think I used GCR this time and I think it went through though.

Edit: I did get cashback from GCR on mine. I don't see an exclusion on Ebates for auto parts on shop.ca, so you might argue it, if it is an amount worth the bother.

"NOTE: Cash Back is not available on Video Game Consoles, Video Games, Video Game Accessories, Gas Cards, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates or any eGift Card purchases at this time."
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2012
2054 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Keep in mind SHOP.CA's poor reputation.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10762 posts
5378 upvotes
Toronto
AFG786 wrote: Keep in mind SHOP.CA's poor reputation.
It is definitely a consideration. I have heard a lot of horror stories about them too, but my personal experience is 100%. I have placed 5 orders from them this year, most with a full mix of cashback, promos, points and sometimes PayPal deals, and have gotten four of them quickly without issue, and one that was a bit slow at fourteen days for delivery, but was OK otherwise. They were all great deals when all the offers were combined, way better than I could get elsewhere at the time. The auto part arrived in 3 days.
Jul 28, 2013
33 posts
15 upvotes
REGINA
idiotcanuck wrote: It is definitely a consideration. I have heard a lot of horror stories about them too, but my personal experience is 100%. I have placed 5 orders from them this year, most with a full mix of cashback, promos, points and sometimes PayPal deals, and have gotten four of them quickly without issue, and one that was a bit slow at fourteen days for delivery, but was OK otherwise. They were all great deals when all the offers were combined, way better than I could get elsewhere at the time.
I've only ever had one issue with them (that is currently being worked on) and their support is very quick to get back to me (less than a day over e-mail). The CEO (or someone writing e-mails for him) even e-mailed me to apologize for the delay after I brought it to support's attention.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10762 posts
5378 upvotes
Toronto
mikeykins wrote: I've only ever had one issue with them (that is currently being worked on) and their support is very quick to get back to me (less than a day over e-mail). The CEO (or someone writing e-mails for him) even e-mailed me to apologize for the delay after I brought it to support's attention.
Having a conciliatory Email from the CEO is a major improvement from the stories of ignored Emails, and unresponsive phone support in the past. I get the feeling that they are trying to turn around that bad rep that they have out there.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2012
2054 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mikeykins wrote: I've only ever had one issue with them (that is currently being worked on) and their support is very quick to get back to me (less than a day over e-mail). The CEO (or someone writing e-mails for him) even e-mailed me to apologize for the delay after I brought it to support's attention.
Different for everyone. I had a BIG issue and never got a single apology from any of the CSR's or senior members. Just be wary of them.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10762 posts
5378 upvotes
Toronto
AFG786 wrote: Different for everyone. I had a BIG issue and never got a single apology from any of the CSR's or senior members. Just be wary of them.
Thanks. It sounds like you had a frustrating experience with them.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
2970 posts
923 upvotes
I would imagine that the bulk of these "big issues" were people taking "advantage" of the shop.ca promos if you know what i mean. Scam the system a little bit and get all whiny when they didn't get away with it. I have had nothing but great experiences with this store, and have had my legitimate concerns taken care of extremely quickly.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2012
2054 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wiebecj wrote: I would imagine that the bulk of these "big issues" were people taking "advantage" of the shop.ca promos if you know what i mean. Scam the system a little bit and get all whiny when they didn't get away with it. I have had nothing but great experiences with this store, and have had my legitimate concerns taken care of extremely quickly.
Do you work for them or something? Obviously your message is directed to me and others who had "big issues". No I did not take advantage of promos it was something else which I won't mention.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
2970 posts
923 upvotes
AFG786 wrote: Do you work for them or something? Obviously your message is directed to me and others who had "big issues". No I did not take advantage of promos it was something else which I won't mention.
Nope, I do not work for them, I am just a satisfied customer who hate it when a couple of you come into every shop.ca thread and complain about your lost promotional money. Clearly if you don't want to mention how they "cheated" you, it's because you were taking advantage of their startup promos.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4440 posts
869 upvotes
Edmonton
Limited selection for me. I need oem parts for a ford guess working in the field wears stuff out. Always feel like parts at the dealer are 40% marked up but have yet to find a supplier.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10762 posts
5378 upvotes
Toronto
Max_Dealing wrote: Limited selection for me. I need oem parts for a ford guess working in the field wears stuff out. Always feel like parts at the dealer are 40% marked up but have yet to find a supplier.
I have a Hyundai and not a common model, so selection is not too wide for me either, but the things that are available are pretty well priced, before promos, rebates etc.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12167 posts
6016 upvotes
ive bought from prime choice on ebay a few times and then directly from there site.Out of 5 orders 1 had issue with wrong rotors sent.

After 3 months the complete struts i bought from them started having issues and they didnt want to do anything for me.
Bought break pads from them also and they were pretty good for the price.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
2185 posts
1253 upvotes
Montreal
AFG786 wrote: Different for everyone. I had a BIG issue and never got a single apology from any of the CSR's or senior members. Just be wary of them.
What was the issue? It would help put some context to your warnings... sounds like you got screwed big time...never received an order or something?
wiebecj wrote: I would imagine that the bulk of these "big issues" were people taking "advantage" of the shop.ca promos if you know what i mean.
I guess that's me :D well sort of... I wouldn't say I scammed anybody... just stacked some promos they were giving out and got some awesome deals.. I did wonder how shop.ca was making any money back then (Oct-Dec 2013), but alas those days are over :( but like you I am a satisfied customer who had some great experiences with shop.ca... even purchased some stuff recently with the paypal promo
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1325 posts
717 upvotes
Hawkesbury, ON
Has anybody else bought brake pads from them? or should I stick with OEM for my Audi?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
6794 posts
1013 upvotes
Ottawa
I need complete struts for my 02 corolla, it is good to shop here? I could not find which parts is for which model online, where can I get that info.

Any other recommendations?