Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shopper+ Black Friday

$185 - 32" 2560x1440 IPS Freesync 75Hz Computer Monitor [VESA/HDMI/DP]

Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
2028 posts
2009 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Shopper+] [Black Friday] $185 - 32" 2560x1440 IPS Freesync 75Hz Computer Monitor [VESA/HDMI/DP]

$199, seems to be "50%" off at originally $399. Rakuten @ 7.5% cashback puts this at $185.

Specs:
  • 32" size
  • 2560x1440 resolution
  • 300cd/m2 (300 nits)
  • 75Hz
  • IPS
  • 4ms response time (claimed, probably 8ms)
  • 2xHDMI 1.4, 1x DP 1.2
  • 9.2kg total weight
  • VESA 100x100

Also the monitor stand is hideous and I hate it. But I bought one anyway.

Apparently the monitor panel is supposedly 60Hz and the 75Hz is most likely some sort of overclock.
https://www.panelook.com/MV315QHB-N10_B ... 26821.html

Saw this from BAPCSAles and reposted here.
https://www.reddit.com/r/bapcsalescanad ... ps_gaming/

EDIT: Also this monitor is incredibly heavy for anyone using standing desks at 9.2kg. My current ASUS VA32AQ is 7.2kg with stand.
Last edited by chevyz07 on Nov 25th, 2022 10:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
11 replies
Nov 13, 2011
101 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
Rakuten 7.5% cash back
Also sold at Bestbuy marketplace for $359
Dec 27, 2007
725 posts
573 upvotes
chevyz07 wrote:
the monitor stand is hideous and I hate it.

Also this monitor is incredibly heavy

But I bought one anyway.
True RFD spirit :)))
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
2028 posts
2009 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
hohoho321 wrote: Rakuten 7.5% cash back
Also sold at Bestbuy marketplace for $359
kkostadinof wrote: True RFD spirit :)))
Thanks for reminding me about Rakuten, cancelled and re-ordered. Now $185CAD before tax.
Banned
Nov 8, 2022
424 posts
547 upvotes
75Hz is the downfall with this, unfortunately.
Jun 7, 2009
311 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
Tried the BF discount codes and the -20% one I have left over: none worked. Before you check out go to the main page and do the Spin-to-Win, I got the $2 cable organizer that will ship free with an order.

Also remember about their loyalty program S-Points. That's $4 in points for this. If you have any to redeem - there's a bonus when doing 40,000: $50 instead of $40.

Might have pulled the trigger if there was a bit more off. The thing holding this back is the colour reproduction: posted spec is 85% of NTSC (aka Rec. 709) is bad. Usually I'd expect a low 90% in Adobe RGB and in anything somewhat premium to post about Rec. 2020 (P3 or DCI would be high end: Apple boasts about these). The colours won't be bad - or even appear 'off' - to an average person, but they won't be reproducing accurately.

A few year ago I bought their 27" Curved Gaming monitor 1080P FHD 144hz and have been happy with it. Even though it didn't advertise G-Sync (only FreeSync) both worked on the DP, which was the only connection capable of 144 fps (HDMI maxed out at 60 fps).
Apr 6, 2003
805 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
chevyz07 wrote:

EDIT: Also this monitor is incredibly heavy for anyone using standing desks at 9.2kg. My current ASUS VA32AQ is 7.2kg with stand.
What's your reason for wanting to replace the VA32AQ?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
MagicSnail wrote: 75Hz is the downfall with this, unfortunately.
at this size and price? not at all
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13239 posts
12069 upvotes
Toronto
chevyz07 wrote: Thanks for reminding me about Rakuten, cancelled and re-ordered. Now $185CAD before tax.
Rakuten is $15 back but you pay tax on the $200, might want to mention Rakuten in the title since it’s not instant.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
2028 posts
2009 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Ron wrote: What's your reason for wanting to replace the VA32AQ?
The VA32AQ is a VA display, this is an IPS. And I'll give the ASUS to my sister.
Feb 1, 2016
156 posts
256 upvotes
quantized light wrote: Primecables is the brand name?
The monitor does indeed have the PrimeCables logo stamped to the front.

Just a little review as I just set it up:

The screen is plenty bright, though I'm in a dark room. Without a side by side comparison, the text looks as good as my BenQ 3200PT. Enabling Freesync on my monitor allowed the AMD software to enable Freesync, and I am able to run it at 75mhz. There's a bit of light bleed from the top and sides, but hardly noticeable, even when the screen is black.

It's pretty bare-bones, but there is a 3.5mm audio jack next to the HDMI/DisplayPort ports, and I'm very happy that there's a little joystick nub, which makes navigating the menu easy. The bezel is very small, however there's a black border around the screen area, so the black area is actually about 1/4 inch. The active screen area is indeed 31.5 inches. The screen really doesn't like smudges and fingerprints, though it's only obvious when the screen is black.

The viewing angle is not super, in fact, now that I'm trying to evaluate it, quite terrible. The sides are annoyingly darker than the center on a white background, mainly because of the angle. Portrait mode isn't so bad, but obviously those darker edges are now at the top and bottom of the screen. The saving grace is that this effect isn't evident when watching a video, darker backgrounds, etc.

Also, for some reason, the power light is neither in the middle or edge of the monitor, it's about 4 inches from the right side of the monitor. Maybe it saves them a buck per unit, so I guess that's okay.

Overall, I will say if you need a 32 inch monitor, have a $200 budget, and the dark edges on a white background won't drive you to despair, you'll probably be satisfied with the picture quality. Anyone else should probably steer clear, mainly because of the terrible viewing angle. I also have no idea how well built this is or how long to expect it to last. My BenQ has been going strong for probably 8 years of daily use, and I usually prefer to pay more for more durability.

I'm going to keep this monitor as I use a dark background for everything but web surfing, and it's also my first Freesync monitor, so I want to experiment a bit with how it improves the retrogaming experience.

Edit: Freesync is so nice with Mame - tearing and odd effects that you see with games that scroll are gone. Flashing scenes and explosions look way better. $200 for all this, really can't complain. Also, did a flicker test, no flicker!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)