Shopper+

Camping Equipment: 3-Season Sleeping Bag $9.99, 2-Person Tent $29.99, FS

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2021 8:45 pm
[OP]
Aug 6, 2018
736 posts
5583 upvotes

[Shopper+] Camping Equipment: 3-Season Sleeping Bag $9.99, 2-Person Tent $29.99, FS

Another deal from Shopper+ today. Pretty good prices to get you started with some basic camping equipment. Max order of 2 for each. Free shipping.

Ultralight Inflatable Sleeping Pad, $9.99

Lightweight 3-Season Sleeping Bag, $9.99

2-Person Pop-Up Tent, $29.99
Last edited by essjayess on Sep 22nd, 2021 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
30 replies
Mar 17, 2014
692 posts
419 upvotes
Vancouver
i see lot of shopper+ deals being posted since their GRAND OPENING....
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1132 posts
2210 upvotes
There is no way that a $10 sleeping bag is rated -20F lol

BUT SO CHEAPP
Jul 17, 2007
572 posts
171 upvotes
Shoppers+ should just start shipping directly to the landfill.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
1040 posts
414 upvotes
HRM
Interesting data point.
I put 2 sleeping bags in my cart and then went to check out and create new account.
When I input my email address it said I already had an account.
So I figured out the password and then went into account history and saw an order for printer ink from Jan 2020. I remembered ordering the ink - it was from 123ink.com (they keep spaming me for reorders!).
Nov 2, 2018
80 posts
72 upvotes
Vancouver
westcoastyvr wrote: Interesting data point.
I put 2 sleeping bags in my cart and then went to check out and create new account.
When I input my email address it said I already had an account.
So I figured out the password and then went into account history and saw an order for printer ink from Jan 2020. I remembered ordering the ink - it was from 123ink.com (they keep spaming me for reorders!).
If you go to the About Us section you can see they're a part of 123ink and primecables so I guess all accounts are connected?
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11831 posts
3178 upvotes
Had one in my cart, just went out of stock... ugh.. not that we needed it but we have a local charity that takes donations of sheets, blankets, sleeping bags etc and distributes them to our local homeless families.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2184 posts
702 upvotes
Montreal
I'm always surprised by prices that low.
How they can produce a crappy sleeping bag in China, ship it to the other side of the globe and sell it for 10$....
Nov 2, 2018
80 posts
72 upvotes
Vancouver
There's a few bidets on there too. Maybe crappier versions of what they sell at Costco?
May 1, 2019
421 posts
1151 upvotes
Smithers, BC
sushibucket wrote: There is no way that a $10 sleeping bag is rated -20F lol

BUT SO CHEAPP
Came here to say this. I dare anybody to spend the night in this at the rated temperature. To be fair, they didn't say -20F, but +20 which is -7 degrees in the unit that actually makes sense. :)
May 1, 2019
421 posts
1151 upvotes
Smithers, BC
edifonzo wrote: Shoppers+ should just start shipping directly to the landfill.
123ink, Primecables, and this new (supposedly) outfit are all affiliated.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2543 posts
768 upvotes
Winnipeg
AMD wrote: I'm always surprised by prices that low.
How they can produce a crappy sleeping bag in China, ship it to the other side of the globe and sell it for 10$....
Because destroying the environment is free
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1543 posts
387 upvotes
GTA
no comments on the tent? Does anyone think this is good quality?
----------------------------------------------------
Koodo $60/10GB plan + 4gb - Medium Tab
Freedom Mobile $19/1.5GB plan
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2665 posts
839 upvotes
Lévis
I've used to sell stuff in outdoor stores many years ago. Rule of thumb: the cheaper the sleeping bag, the less the temperature rating can be thrusted.
To the point that it's almost criminal. Like a kid sleeping bag, rated at 0°C, when it's actually barely 10°C...
Funny part is if you go at the other end of the spectrum, companies like Western mountaineering were notorious to underestimating their bags rating. A -7°C could easily be confortable at -9...
Last edited by SPARTACVS on Sep 23rd, 2021 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pourquoi pas?
Apr 1, 2019
97 posts
69 upvotes
I would cheap out on a sleeping bag and a sleeping air mattress.... on a tent? Not a chance. Buy an MSR. Cry now, sleep well (and dry) later.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4568 posts
1317 upvotes
Charlottetown
sushibucket wrote: There is no way that a $10 sleeping bag is rated -20F lol

BUT SO CHEAPP
I'm sure these will be fine for, say, June, July and August though, when most people go camping.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
4660 posts
513 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Imagine using this at a camping trip and you freeze your ass off during the night.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1720 posts
2089 upvotes
edifonzo wrote: Shoppers+ should just start shipping directly to the landfill.
pswart wrote: Because destroying the environment is free
Society loves CHEAP CHEAP. Dollarama, Walmart, Amazon, AliExpress 99% full of junk.

I always find it ironic how people always complain about prices, however don't want to spend more on products if Made in Canada. And than they complain buying something local is expensive (ie) rent, wages, cost of electricity etc.... to run a business).

Bottom line, price always wins. Doesn't matter what it is. Whether it is a product or service, most people want cheap and complain after.