Expired Hot Deals

Shopper+

Portable Retro Bluetooth 5.0 Speaker with FM Radio and MP3 Player - PrimeCable® - Wood $9.99 FS

[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
2090 posts
1822 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Shopper+] Portable Retro Bluetooth 5.0 Speaker with FM Radio and MP3 Player - PrimeCable® - Wood $9.99 FS

Found this deal in their opening event
$9.99 with FS seems a decent deal for this speaker
Just got one and looks like it will make a nice decoration for my home office
24 replies
Nov 26, 2020
14 posts
7 upvotes
Any idea how long can we play music with a single charge?
Aug 30, 2007
352 posts
619 upvotes
Calgary
Missed out on the red one yesterday, thanks OP!
Dec 20, 2004
114 posts
14 upvotes
Miss red one. Ordered, Thanks, OP!
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
4200 posts
4825 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
Man. RFD is becoming Littered with Shopper+ stuff.

Not cool
Aug 30, 2007
352 posts
619 upvotes
Calgary
chilli604 wrote: Man. RFD is becoming Littered with Shopper+ stuff.

Not cool
Shopper+ (PrimeCables) is currently having a big sale, with new products coming on every few hours. Sale ends tomorrow. The threads will settle down afterwards, I imagine.
Jul 15, 2003
755 posts
853 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: Man. RFD is becoming Littered with Shopper+ stuff.

Not cool
Man, a deal site is becoming littered with an online outlet having tons of deals for a few days which lots of people are finding helpful and buying stuff from.

Not cool
Mar 18, 2008
268 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
Damnit slept on the red one and now on the brown one! Not cool RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
7154 posts
12100 upvotes
Montreal
That's e-waste. The retro one has a 800 mAh battery: that's one AAA Eneloop's worth of power. How much play time do you really think you are going to get out of this. Not mentioning the poor sound quality. They say "Amazing sound clarity with a Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) of over 30 decibels" Lol! I wouldn't mention that if I were them. We're talking 1970's AM transistor radio quality here. That's what I hate about the Shopper+ group: they peddle so much Chinese garbage like it was high quality stuff! Suckers bite: 14 upvotes! :facepalm:

The one with the wireless charging has a 1,200 mAh battery: that's half a AA Eneloop's worth of power.

Just because it's cheap, doesn't mean it's a deal when it gets tossed in the garbage after a few weeks.

EDIT: with 33 reviews out of which 32 are 5/5 FAKE! That's Shopper+ for you!

Don't buy!
Last edited by Temporel on Sep 24th, 2021 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2697 posts
1717 upvotes
montreal
l1197493 wrote: does it have random play?
It is a simple speaker...
(That looks arghhh and cheap imo).

So the random is done by the apps you are using on the phone/tab (apps) you are using.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
4390 posts
3386 upvotes
Vancouver
Temporel wrote: That's e-waste. The retro one has a 800 mAh battery: that's one AAA Eneloop's worth of power. How much play time do you really think you are going to get out of this. Not mentioning the poor sound quality. They say "Amazing sound clarity with a Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) of over 30 decibels" Lol! I wouldn't mention that if I were them. We're talking 1970's AM transistor radio quality here. That's what I hate about the Shopper+ group: they peddle so much Chinese garbage like it was high quality stuff! Suckers bite: 14 upvotes! :facepalm:

The one with the wireless charging has a 1,200 mAh battery: that's half a AA Eneloop's worth of power.

Just because it's cheap, doesn't mean it's a deal when it gets tossed in the garbage after a few weeks.

EDIT: with 33 reviews out of which 32 are 5/5 FAKE! That's Shopper+ for you!

Don't buy!
Nobody uses mAh to compare battery capacity between different chemistries. Battery capacity is measured in Whr.

iPhone SE has an 1,800 mAh battery. That’s “less” than an Eneloop? Trust me, you can’t run iPhone off of one AA battery.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4570 posts
1318 upvotes
Charlottetown
Darn!! Had set "Notify Me when Back in Stock" for red one, mised the brown one, which, in my opinion, looks better than the red one.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
7154 posts
12100 upvotes
Montreal
Spinner wrote: Nobody uses mAh to compare battery capacity between different chemistries. Battery capacity is measured in Whr.

iPhone SE has an 1,800 mAh battery. That’s “less” than an Eneloop? Trust me, you can’t run iPhone off of one AA battery.
All right, fair enough. Let's compare.

One AAA Eneloop 1,2 Volt @ 800 mAh will give you about 1 Watt during an hour.
The chemistry of the rechargeable battery in the speaker is Li-ion 3.7 Volts @ 800 mAh will give you about 3 Watts during an hour.
The specs say the speaker is 5 Watts, how long of a play time do you think you will get?

Don't buy garbage.