Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shopper+

Shopperplus.ca Free Shipping Annual Plan $29 for 15 months

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2021 10:02 am
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
2422 posts
5262 upvotes
Mississauga
If they want to sell this plan, then they should consider selling this as a lifetime plan lol
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1517 posts
2418 upvotes
Shopper+ has gone downhill. Pricing increased by ~30%-200% since Covid. They started removing negative reviews, removed majority of pick up options which are still not reinstated, increased shipping fee and now this subscription model.

Not to mention my two <$50 returns this year involved picture and video requests and over a week of back and forth because they had to consult different departments 🤷
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
20564 posts
9080 upvotes
Toronto
Why is this a hot deal? Who pays an annual plan for Shopper plus, just wait for free shipping coupons. Their prices are too high now.
Apr 12, 2018
58 posts
64 upvotes
This reeks of "we're on the verge of bankruptcy and need an influx of cash now". Reminds me of NCIX at the end when they started selling garbage-quality Chinese-imported lifestyle crap.

If anyone is sitting on Shopper+ points or store credit I'd recommend spending them asap.
Sep 13, 2003
555 posts
153 upvotes
It might work for some people...i might buy from them more if i did not have to wait for a free shipping event
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5303 posts
7376 upvotes
Vancouver
stuff352 wrote: It might work for some people...i might buy from them more if i did not have to wait for a free shipping event
So this is worth about 4x regular shipping.

Do you buy there more then 4x a year? For under, what, $49 I think?? Plus several 'free shipping' events?

If so, then this _might_ be a deal.. Otherwise - NO.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3127 posts
3148 upvotes
I think they are circling the drain of bankruptcy. No hot deals in over a year, most items I was interested in went up in price 10-20% in the last 3 months, and today I checked they went up another 30-50%. I think they're giving up competing on cost and are now jacking the margins, probably hoping that business customers will not notice
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3560 posts
1703 upvotes
Ottawa
LenXons wrote: $10 off for the plan at the moment
$29 for 15 months FS no minimum, so it’s around $2 per month only
looks like a good deal if you buy stuff from Shopperplus often
For these kind of subscription models, don't evaluate it on a per-month basis.

Rather, consider how many times you would've paid the shipping charge (ex: $7.95).

You need to have originally planned to place that many orders (where you paid shipping) before the remaining orders ship free.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2018
1146 posts
11222 upvotes
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: I think they are circling the drain of bankruptcy. No hot deals in over a year, most items I was interested in went up in price 10-20% in the last 3 months, and today I checked they went up another 30-50%. I think they're giving up competing on cost and are now jacking the margins, probably hoping that business customers will not notice
It's a fairly common move for new businesses. They had some pretty crazy deals back in the day, but it was likely intended from the start to be a temporary strategy in order to establish a footing in the market and gain brand awareness, after which they can increase their margins to become more profitable. Or not, what the heck do I know?
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1590 posts
2202 upvotes
It's true the subscription model is a sham for consumers. There have even been books written about it years ago where every business then jumped on to the subscription model at all costs since places like Costco made all of their profit from membership subscriptions. It's guaranteed money and its perpetual.

The 1st thing u should do is remove all subscriptions you have then u will find yourself with at least a few thousand dollars a month of free money.

There are some necessary subs like internet but the rest are worthless.

The most important subs to remove are your bank, cell phone and worthless services like those music streaming ones.

I got my cell phone from $50+/m to less than $5/m and free banking from Tangerine instead of $15 from other banks. Now add the other 50 or so subs you have like Uber Eats, insurance etc and substitute them for other comparable free things and you'll have tons of free money at the end of the month simply by not getting nickel and dimed to death!
I don't want to set the world on fire, I just want to start a flame in your heart
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
10556 posts
19659 upvotes
Montreal
Net: minus 55!

Hey shopper+, are you taking notes?

We don't like that idea!!!
Feb 20, 2019
320 posts
110 upvotes
l1197493 wrote: It's true the subscription model is a sham for consumers. There have even been books written about it years ago where every business then jumped on to the subscription model at all costs since places like Costco made all of their profit from membership subscriptions. It's guaranteed money and its perpetual.

The 1st thing u should do is remove all subscriptions you have then u will find yourself with at least a few thousand dollars a month of free money.

There are some necessary subs like internet but the rest are worthless.

The most important subs to remove are your bank, cell phone and worthless services like those music streaming ones.

I got my cell phone from $50+/m to less than $5/m and free banking from Tangerine instead of $15 from other banks. Now add the other 50 or so subs you have like Uber Eats, insurance etc and substitute them for other comparable free things and you'll have tons of free money at the end of the month simply by not getting nickel and dimed to death!
would love to know how youve gone down from $50 to $5 for your phone plan?
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1590 posts
2202 upvotes
mapleleaf6 wrote: would love to know how youve gone down from $50 to $5 for your phone plan?
I have a POCO X3 Pro phone so its dual sim

In slot #1 I have a Speakout Pay as U Go
In slot #2 I have Fido 4GB/m tablet plan for $5

With Fongo u can completely have a phone line + voice mail using LTE data outside or wifi at home. And Text+ is the same except u also have unlimited text messages.

But I also have the Speakout Pay as U Go line and I can even check the voicemail on there using Fongo from data for free
I don't want to set the world on fire, I just want to start a flame in your heart
Feb 20, 2019
320 posts
110 upvotes
l1197493 wrote: I have a POCO X3 Pro phone so its dual sim

In slot #1 I have a Speakout Pay as U Go
In slot #2 I have Fido 4GB/m tablet plan for $5

With Fongo u can completely have a phone line + voice mail using LTE data outside or wifi at home. And Text+ is the same except u also have unlimited text messages.

But I also have the Speakout Pay as U Go line and I can even check the voicemail on there using Fongo from data for free
youre a true RFDer!!!
Mar 20, 2019
174 posts
168 upvotes
everyone's trying to be amazon these days without even 1/10th of amazon's inventory, lol
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1590 posts
2202 upvotes
TBH it's not just Shopper Plus, it started like 10 years ago when everyone started reading "The Automatic Customer" and the guy's other books
https://www.amazon.com/Automatic-Custom ... 159184746X

Soon everything will be subscription based even buying pizzas and hamburgers with be subscription based cause they never have to sell u a product to make money. The product is the service of selling, not an actual inventory item

They don't even have to show up for work! It can just be autorun like Spotify lol

This is why everyone should cancel their YT and Patreon subs b4 its too late the subscription assault!! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2505 posts
3284 upvotes
Not sure why everyone’s hating hard for this subscription model.
They have it for everything. Clothes. Food. Wyzecam. Almost every single app now. So annoying I can’t even buy an app and call it a day. Stupid subscriptions.
Oct 31, 2018
376 posts
917 upvotes
Well, if I have to compare this with Amazon prime
Regardless the price, Amazon has one month free trial, and if you don’t subscribe after the free trial, they will offer you a free trial again after a year
Lehmann L