[Shoppers Drug Mart] 12=24 pack PC Toilet paper 4.99+2000 PCO points

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2020 6:46 pm
[OP]
Feb 26, 2008
268 posts
101 upvotes

[Shoppers Drug Mart] 12=24 pack PC Toilet paper 4.99+2000 PCO points

Potential points error. Shoppers has PC Toilet paper on sale plus 2000 points. Today only.

Flyer says rest of week is 2000 points.

@$2.99, ranked 3rd on 2019 TP thread
$0.0985per sq. m
$0.9848per 1000 sheets
Images
  • 20200905_203701.jpg
Last edited by hellohi on Sep 10th, 2020 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
23 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3421 posts
4010 upvotes
so i just got home after a really long Saturday (staging a rental condo and interviewing tenants), was getting ready to eat some cold and sliced watermelon.

i saw this post

being the cheapo that I am, i immediately took a rolling cart from my backyard and ran to the nearest Shoppers, they had 8 packs left (i checked both main floor and second floor).

obviously I took all 8.

i made sure that I got 16000 bonus points, just as i was about to take a picture of my receipt for demonstration (on RFD) purposes, i realized that, the first 4 packs were 4.99, but the next 4 packs were 5.99.

i had no choice, i went back to the end of the check-out queue and waited patiently

the wait was ~10 minutes, i ignored all incoming silent inquiries of "why is this guy buying 8 packs of toilet paper, isn't COVID almost over?" from strangers

i was able to do it because i wasn't alone, i had the overwhelming moral support from the entire RFD community

when it was my turn again, i politely told the cashier to return all 8 (if i only returned 4, i would have gotten only 4.99*4 back)

in order to return all 8, she couldn't just scan and type 8, she had to perform 8 scans.

then i said I changed my mind and told her to do two transactions of 4 packs each this time, she obliged, grudgingly.

i made sure that i got 8,000 bonus points twice while ignoring the queue behind me that was getting visibly and audibly impatient

I then took a picture and was merrily on my way home.

all receipts attached below to demonstrate that I deserve my RFD membership.

it's not about the money, it's about all the thoughts, beliefs, perceptions, and patterns we acquired on RFD.

Last edited by Glancealot on Sep 5th, 2020 11:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Jun 3, 2019
53 posts
194 upvotes
Hmm. Are we talking about this? Looks like it's 5.99 + 1000 points in my area (Edmonton)
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by biggestbarnacle on Sep 5th, 2020 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4570 posts
6667 upvotes
Montreal
Glancealot wrote: So I just got home after a really long Saturday (...)
I saw this post.
Being the cheapo that I am, I immediately took a rolling cart from my backyard and ran to the nearest Shoppers, they had 8 packs left (...).
Obviously I took all 8.
I made sure that I got 16000 bonus points, just as I was about to take a picture of my receipt for demonstration (on RFD) purposes, I realized that, the first 4 packs were 4.99, but the next 4 packs were 5.99.
I had no choice, I went back to the end of the check-out queue and waited patiently.
The wait was ~10 minutes, I ignored all incoming silent inquiries of "why is this guy buying 8 packs of toilet paper, isn't COVID almost over?" from strangers.
I was able to do it because I wasn't alone, I had the overwhelming moral support from the entire RFD community.
When it was my turn again, I politely told the cashier to return all 8 (if I only returned 4, I would have gotten only 4.99*4 back).
In order to return all 8, she couldn't just scan and type 8, she had to perform 8 scans.
Then I told her to do two transactions of 4 packs each, she obliged, grudgingly.
I made sure that I got 8,000 bonus points twice while ignoring the queue behind me that was getting visibly and audibly impatient.
I then took a picture and I was then merrily on my way home.
All receipts attached below to demonstrate that I deserve my RFD membership.
It's not about the money, it's about all the thoughts, beliefs, perceptions, and patterns we acquired on RFD.
One of us!
One of us!
One of us!
biggestbarnacle wrote: Hmm. Are we talking about this? Looks like it's 5.99 in my area (Edmonton)
Shoppers have 4 markets: Atlantic, Québec, Ontario and the West.
Sometimes prices differ.
Usually, prices are higher in the West.
Jun 10, 2020
165 posts
107 upvotes
Temporel wrote: One of us!
One of us!
One of us!

Shoppers have 4 markets: Atlantic, Québec, Ontario and the West.
Sometimes prices differ.
Usually, prices are higher in the West.
Sorry, as much as I like a deal I feel bad for the cashier and other customers and think that was all pretty DB. To each their own though... At least now you can build your throne with mediocre TP.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4570 posts
6667 upvotes
Montreal
DasHip wrote: Sorry, as much as I like a deal I feel bad for the cashier and other customers and think that was all pretty DB. To each their own though... At least now you can build your throne with mediocre TP.
Why feel bad for the cashier?
They get PAID to scan stuff.
OP went to the back of the line and waited patiently his turn instead of trying to cut back in front of the line like a real DB would have done.
Most Shoppers now have self-checkout for the impatients.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
4977 posts
2093 upvotes
Glancealot wrote:
it's not about the money, it's about all the thoughts, beliefs, perceptions, and patterns we acquired on RFD.
You did all this but if you spent more than $50, you have got 20x the points. That's 30% back in points.

Of course you needed another $30 in stuff ...

Usually I look for things that go for a decent price to see if you can get there....

Milk, Pop, Chips ....

Don't worry we are all learning.
Jul 1, 2012
209 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
OP was at $49 for first transaction, could have bought anything and would have gotten past $50. Maybe he'll go back and refund the 8 rolls and rebuy together ;)
renoldman wrote: You did all this but if you spent more than $50, you have got 20x the points. That's 30% back in points.

Of course you needed another $30 in stuff ...

Usually I look for things that go for a decent price to see if you can get there....

Milk, Pop, Chips ....

Don't worry we are all learning.
Feb 19, 2018
157 posts
144 upvotes
Montréal, QC
definitely price error. I bought 2 yesterday (as much as I could carry) and when I came back today the price went up to $8 with 2k points
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5367 posts
517 upvotes
Flyer says $5.99 in the west.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4570 posts
6667 upvotes
Montreal
Arrow wrote: Flyer says $5.99 in the west.
Same price as in post #3. ;-)
Jul 4, 2015
269 posts
129 upvotes
Edmonton
The bum hole is one area I refuse to cheap out on.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4570 posts
6667 upvotes
Montreal
CedricT wrote: The bum hole is one area I refuse to cheap out on.
The PC brand is never a cheap product.
It's the President's Choice after all.
I'm sure it has been tested on the presidential bum hole. If it's good enough for a billionaire's bum hole... Face With Tears Of Joy