Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] 12=24 pack PC Toilet paper 4.99+2000 PCO points

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2020 6:46 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3421 posts
4010 upvotes
101lol wrote: OP was at $49 for first transaction, could have bought anything and would have gotten past $50. Maybe he'll go back and refund the 8 rolls and rebuy together ;)
yes it would appear that i should have just bought two more 4.99 packs (another kind without the 2000 bonus, as the one with bonus points was sold out) to make my before tax amount > 50, and then I would have gotten ~$10 more back in points (assuming the 20X offer was active, which was likely the case), which makes these two additional packs practically free.

i.e., i could have spent $4 extra (5.99*4-4.99*4) for 2 extra packs and avoided the whole return-and-buy-again exercise.

i hope my RFD membership isn't revoked due to this material oversight.
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2005
1374 posts
294 upvotes
Was this a price error? I bought 2 ... 4.99 on one day sale plus 2 bucks back in points = killer deal. Their toilet paper is amazing value too, cheap price, lots of sheets.
Nov 25, 2019
44 posts
56 upvotes
FYI this same product is $5.00 regular price at No Frills (at least my local locations). There are never any points promos, so this was a better deal for sure, but regular price at Shoppers is wildly overpriced for the same product.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9941 posts
818 upvotes
Toronto
Thumbs up
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3421 posts
4010 upvotes
Glancealot wrote: so i just got home after a really long Saturday (staging a rental condo and interviewing tenants), was getting ready to eat some cold and sliced watermelon.
how is this one becoming my most up-voted post. i hope i don't go down in RFD history as "that TP guy", how unfortunate.
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4546 posts
6626 upvotes
Montreal
Glancealot wrote: how is this one becoming my most up-voted post. i hope i don't go down in RFD history as "that TP guy", how unfortunate.
Maybe it's the "storied" style that makes it relatable.
Most real RFDers have:
- returned/rebought stuff at Shoppers to get missing points;
- felt the wondering glances from other customers on our cart full of things on special;
- heard the impatient sighings behind us in the line for the cash register;
- endured the snooty attitude of a flunky cashier.

I have found over the years that the amount of upvotes a post will get is unpredictable.
Sometimes, a post that you think will be a hit turns out to be a dud and sometimes you get a lot of upvotes unexpectedly.

I predict this post will get very few upvotes. Face With Tears Of Joy