Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

15,000 PC Optimum Points when you buy a SDM Beauty Gift Card

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2019 2:53 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
mzmoney wrote: Thanks OP @gamer602 !

If you're concerned about having issues, gather item(s) you want to purchase, go to "Beauty" side to purchase BB Gift Card first + then pay for items after, with your new GC :)
I'm not saying your wrong about being able to use it. But the concerns aren't taken away by this advice. It's even worse, because that cashier may just decide, right after you bought the gift card, and before using on your items, that they won't accept it as payment. Not likely, but certainly not out of the realm of possibilities.

I also think the better strategy is to buy the gift card, wait till you get the bonus points, then use it a little at a time. Buying and immediately using on other items quickly may trigger some PCO employee looking at that, and either disqualify the bonus points, or even worse clawing the points back. (This has been posted as happening if PCO decides it's an abuse of a promo.)

And for those with the PC World Elite C.C. who get 3% extra in points anyway on SDM purchases. Would that in effect be forfeited, by buying the gift card first, thus making this only a net 7% bonus?
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
beachlover wrote: I'm not saying your wrong about being able to use it. But the concerns aren't taken away by this advice. It's even worse, because that cashier may just decide, right after you bought the gift card, and before using on your items, that they won't accept it as payment. Not likely, but certainly not out of the realm of possibilities.

I also think the better strategy is to buy the gift card, wait till you get the bonus points, then use it a little at a time. Buying and immediately using on other items quickly may trigger some PCO employee looking at that, and either disqualify the bonus points, or even worse clawing the points back. (This has been posted as happening if PCO decides it's an abuse of a promo.)

And for those with the PC World Elite C.C. who get 3% extra in points anyway on SDM purchases. Would that in effect be forfeited, by buying the gift card first, thus making this only a net 7% bonus?
No, the 3% is given by PC Financial, not by Shoppers, they are independently operated.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
Jon Lai wrote: No, the 3% is given by PC Financial, not by Shoppers, they are independently operated.
So you are saying PC Financial gives 3% in points for buying any and all gift cards at SDM, and by extension, any from No Frills/Loblaws/RCSS/Zehrs/Fortinos.

I think you are wrong, but if you are right, I will be thanking you, because that's a game changer.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
7479 posts
1467 upvotes
Ottawa
So this deal is automatic right, you don’t need a coupon code or has the offer appear in your shopper optimum account right? And can you buy two 150card and get double bonus PCO points?
May 22, 2018
106 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto
beachlover wrote: So you are saying PC Financial gives 3% in points for buying any and all gift cards at SDM, and by extension, any from No Frills/Loblaws/RCSS/Zehrs/Fortinos.

I think you are wrong, but if you are right, I will be thanking you, because that's a game changer.
Yes, the World Elite MC gives 3% on any transactions made at their locations. PC Financial does not look at specifically what you bought, just where you bought it.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2008
2265 posts
1594 upvotes
quickly skimmed the thread and I didn't see the answer..
but does anyone know if we can buy multiple gift cards in one transaction? Or is this a multiple transaction thing?

If the answer was given previously, i might have over-skimmed. Apologies in advance!
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad." :-0
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
spazzamatic wrote: quickly skimmed the thread and I didn't see the answer..
but does anyone know if we can buy multiple gift cards in one transaction? Or is this a multiple transaction thing?

If the answer was given previously, i might have over-skimmed. Apologies in advance!
We don't know since the points are not awarded until Feb 15. Always safer to buy one card per transaction - why take a chance?
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2008
2265 posts
1594 upvotes
akaManny wrote: We don't know since the points are not awarded until Feb 15. Always safer to buy one card per transaction - why take a chance?
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad." :-0
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
beachlover wrote: So you are saying PC Financial gives 3% in points for buying any and all gift cards at SDM, and by extension, any from No Frills/Loblaws/RCSS/Zehrs/Fortinos.

It's always been this way, you've just been late to the game :)

The PC Mastercard has been giving 12% back on all gift cards bought at Shoppers all year (ended Dec 31) for those that applied at during the summer promotion.

You won't, however, get the 1.5% base points on gift cards.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
Jon Lai wrote: It's always been this way, you've just been late to the game :)

The PC Mastercard has been giving 12% back on all gift cards bought at Shoppers all year (ended Dec 31) for those that applied at during the summer promotion.

You won't, however, get the 1.5% base points on gift cards.
No, actually was early to the game. So I got the 12% on gift cards, but only till the end of August (but made sure I was stocked up fine).

Thanks given.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1856 posts
2204 upvotes
FYI:

They have an internal email

Must be separate transactions. If you buy 10 on a single bill, you get 15,000 PC Points once
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
3139 posts
834 upvotes
YVR
just bought one. hopefully points come through on feb15th
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
I bought a $150 SDM beauty gift card yesterday, and I used it today to buy two $50 Esso gift cards (together with some other SDM merchandise).
No problem with the cashier and the system accepted it.
So, I guess not all cash registers are setup to reject this type of transactions.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1165 posts
690 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ahoroba wrote: I bought a $150 SDM beauty gift card yesterday, and I used it today to buy two $50 Esso gift cards (together with some other SDM merchandise).
So, I guess not all cash registers are setup to reject this type of transactions.
Maybe I missed it, but has it been stated anywhere that the register has rejected the transaction for anyone?
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1889 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
gamer602 wrote: FYI:

They have an internal email

Must be separate transactions. If you buy 10 on a single bill, you get 15,000 PC Points once
The poster who showed the photo of 10 Shoppers cards now has a big lump in his throat.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12400 posts
4937 upvotes
Toronto
Got a card for $150. You have to get it from the beauty department. I used it to buy other stuff in the store right away. Now waiting a points to come on Feb 15.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1856 posts
2204 upvotes
More information please

They sell cash cards too so this is manufactured spend for Free credit card points too

ahoroba wrote: I bought a $150 SDM beauty gift card yesterday, and I used it today to buy two $50 Esso gift cards (together with some other SDM merchandise).
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1856 posts
2204 upvotes
Can you post your receipt of GC Buying GC
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
gamer602 wrote: Can you post your receipt of GC Buying GC
What would be the purpose of me posting such receipt?
It all depends on the willingness of the cashier, anyway.
And SDM headquarters would call the actual store (shown on my receipt) and give them grief...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)