Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] 20% Off Friends And Family April 16

Sep 10, 2018
16 posts
3 upvotes
I have a 20x and 15x points bonus starting tomorrow. Does anyone know if they stack?
Mar 8, 2010
193 posts
81 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Jaamie wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 6:43 pm
How often does this deal come up? If I don’t get one today when will it be likely to get another 20% off + 15x bonus points?
20% off has been happening every month this year, the next one most likely will occur in mid May.
Oct 16, 2010
238 posts
573 upvotes
SirRobin wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 7:17 pm
I don't get it how you calculate the discount based on 20% off and 20x points. Yes, the 20% gets applied right away, but the 20x points you earn them for the next purchase. Applying the earned points of the transaction to the same transaction to calculate the discount is illogical.

Unless I miss something. But please, correct me if I am wrong (I don't think so).
I will address a timing problem and a cash-equivalent problem. The points are earned in that transaction... you would not get them if you did not complete that transaction.

Timing
Assume this was all cash. Say you buy something for $100 and get $30 cashback. Are you saying you paid $100 for something and you don't realize a discount until you spend your $30 on a future transaction? No, we just say our net cost was $70; the discount is not carried to the future transaction. The $30 discount was a result of the first transaction, not the second one.

Cash-equivalent
There is an assumption that PCO points are nearly the same as cash. They arent- because of many restrictions- but I'll explain why we assume this anyways. If you normally purchase anything at a loblaws-owned store (loblaw, no frill, zehrs, Fortinos, Superstore, Shopper's, etc.), or you COULD potentially benefit from purchasing anything at those stores (substitution), then whether you pay with cash or PCO points is irrelevant. You still receive the same goods, its assumed you would buy something at these stores anyways at least in a 1-year period, and you would have more cash at the end of the year if you earn & redeem pts vs. Not earning at all. Think of 20x PCO points like spending $100 at Shopper's and getting a $30 gift card for all loblaws stores in that transaction. Gift cards and PCO points are both considered cash equivalents.
Apr 15, 2019
2 posts
I’m still deciding whether to purchase the switch with this deal or not... is this the best deal on the market so far? Unless I wait for occasional bundle deals else where
Nov 23, 2018
3 posts
2 upvotes
So I just went to shoppers to take advantage of this deal to buy a laptop but they wouldn't do it for me. Something about their system not letting coupons apply when they make the item price lower then the price they buy the item for.

I read the fineprint of the 20% coupon and it doesn't say anything about excluding items unless they make a profit on it.

Im new here, but does this sound right?
Jan 18, 2016
569 posts
578 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
1q2w1q2w wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 9:51 pm
So I just went to shoppers to take advantage of this deal to buy a laptop but they wouldn't do it for me. Something about their system not letting coupons apply when they make the item price lower then the price they buy the item for.

I read the fineprint of the 20% coupon and it doesn't say anything about excluding items unless they make a profit on it.

20% off on regular price item. If it is discounted item then no extra 20%.
Oct 3, 2013
431 posts
406 upvotes
1q2w1q2w wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 9:51 pm

Doubt it. Did they try to scan the coupon into the system?

I guess theoretically they can deny it since it does say "regular price" only.
Apr 15, 2019
1 posts
I tried to purchase a play station pro @reg price 499+tax and they said that it’s not posible to use the 20%off coupon??? Help??
Deal Addict
May 26, 2006
1160 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
mchaudhary wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 7:45 pm
I have a 20x and 15x points bonus starting tomorrow. Does anyone know if they stack?
It’s been stated multiple times they don’t. You’ll receive whatever the best offer is.
Sep 10, 2018
16 posts
3 upvotes
Gmas wrote: It’s been stated multiple times they don’t. You’ll receive whatever the best offer is.
Thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1526 posts
483 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Jaamie wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 8:54 pm
I’m still deciding whether to purchase the switch with this deal or not... is this the best deal on the market so far? Unless I wait for occasional bundle deals else where
this late in this gen, if you don't need it yet, I'd wait. E3 is not far away, there's bound to be some sale coming up. otherwise, it's theoretically the best deal out there
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1349 posts
270 upvotes
ON
Update on my experience... bought a Switch with this 20% coupon and 15x points offer. Didn't get points on the transaction, and realized afterward she didn't have me tap separately for optimum (use a PCF mastercard with optimum linked)

Tried the chat on the optimum app, had to email receipt, followed up a few days later on chat, it was above his threshold so had to submit to back office... After a couple emails with receipt and they wanted a screenshot of the offer (why they can't see it themselves??)... I got the points today 11 days later. But they miscalculated. Looks like they used the faulty 14x calculation they did before... but then calculated it post-tax... so Im actually ahead a little..
This means
1. PCF mastercard does need to be scanned separately for points at shoppers.
2. They still have a problem with faulty calculation.
3. After all this, with screenshots, and submitting to higher ups/back office... they still gave the bonus points even with the 20% coupon... adding validity to the stacking. I was expecting someone to see it and try to reject.