20k Points when you spend $60 or more on anything, YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2022 11:59 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2002
1391 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto
I want to do the same things but the 25000 points doesn't show up in the Cart. Is anyone else having this problem? I have been waiting on a mario party points bonus. I am trying online.
[#[_]#]
[+[_]::]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2852 posts
1350 upvotes
Montreal, QC
JRGUINNESS wrote: Shoppers doesn't have a stocktrack right?
It used to but it got pulled because some would mention stocktrack to the managers and HO got wind 🥲
Dec 11, 2015
36 posts
12 upvotes
Prince george
Ffs. Went to shoppers and bought stuff I didn't need for the point offer. Got distracted at the till and didn't scan my card, even tho I HAD IT OPEN ON MY PHONE, ready to scan. Sigh. PC points reps won't give me points nowConfused Face
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8975 posts
16211 upvotes
Montreal
User106820 wrote: Ffs. Went to shoppers and bought stuff I didn't need for the point offer. Got distracted at the till and didn't scan my card, even tho I HAD IT OPEN ON MY PHONE, ready to scan. Sigh. PC points reps won't give me points nowConfused Face
Return.
Rebuy.

EDIT: @User106820 ends TODAY
Last edited by Temporel on Jan 16th, 2022 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2002
1391 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto
simplyton wrote: I also got a 25,000 points when you spend $75 or more at shop.shoppersdrugmart.ca

Obviously cant be combined and YMMV but might be useful for something online

edit - infact its front a centre on the SDM front page - sign in to add aparently
I see this on the main page but can’t get it to show up when I go to check out, I don’t see an opt in or coupon code - anyone know why?
[#[_]#]
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4291 posts
1375 upvotes
Brampton
User106820 wrote: Ffs. Went to shoppers and bought stuff I didn't need for the point offer. Got distracted at the till and didn't scan my card, even tho I HAD IT OPEN ON MY PHONE, ready to scan. Sigh. PC points reps won't give me points nowConfused Face
Try to go back with the receipt and have them add the points to your account. I did it a couple times back when it was shoppers optimum.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7166 posts
2829 upvotes
Calgary
Offers like this happen pretty often but it's not as "useless" as some perceived.

I have 20x the point for $50+ spent today, it's perfect because butter, bacon, and eggs are part of their weekend sale. I haven't seen butter under $3 and eggs under $2 for a very long time but 20x the pt offer makes that happen. I spent $50.79 on groceries + a few other sale items, received 15,000 points (14,250 bonus + 750 regular points); my mini grocery trip was roughly $35 + tax.

Also, 20x the pt offers CAN be combined with PC personalized offers if you have a PC Optimum account. For an example, I have a personal offer 1,000 points/$5 spent on PC frozen dinner. PC frozen dinner was on sale 2/$5. I bought 4 that's $10 - $3 (20x pt) - $2 (personal offer) = $5/4 = $1.25 each, that's half of the sale price.

Because of sales like this I haven't bought eggs, bacon, and butter from the Superstore for a long time.
Jul 6, 2020
241 posts
945 upvotes
(Bean) wrote: I want to do the same things but the 25000 points doesn't show up in the Cart. Is anyone else having this problem? I have been waiting on a mario party points bonus. I am trying online.
Same here - it doesn't show a minimum amount that needs to be purchased but I had a 53$ item in my cart to get the free shipping... :(
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2002
1391 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto
marg8181 wrote: Same here - it doesn't show a minimum amount that needs to be purchased but I had a 53$ item in my cart to get the free shipping... :(
I had 79$ in cart no dice tried 150 still no points. Seems pretty crappy - I’m not risking it - especially when they don’t give a good description of how to get it. They bait you and then say it only applies to item x
[#[_]#]
Jul 19, 2018
725 posts
1263 upvotes
Temporel wrote: Oh, man! You are so wrong!

You should check it out. By playing the game right, over the last 2 1/2 years, I have saved hundreds of dollars on my every day grocery shopping. Maybe close to $1k.

Why do you think there is so much following on RFD of the PC Optimum program with so many threads and so many posts?
I’ve saved thousands over the last 3 years.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3018 posts
2884 upvotes
Prince George
althetrainer wrote: Offers like this happen pretty often but it's not as "useless" as some perceived.

I have 20x the point for $50+ spent today, it's perfect because butter, bacon, and eggs are part of their weekend sale. I haven't seen butter under $3 and eggs under $2 for a very long time but 20x the pt offer makes that happen. I spent $50.79 on groceries + a few other sale items, received 15,000 points (14,250 bonus + 750 regular points); my mini grocery trip was roughly $35 + tax.

Also, 20x the pt offers CAN be combined with PC personalized offers if you have a PC Optimum account. For an example, I have a personal offer 1,000 points/$5 spent on PC frozen dinner. PC frozen dinner was on sale 2/$5. I bought 4 that's $10 - $3 (20x pt) - $2 (personal offer) = $5/4 = $1.25 each, that's half of the sale price.

Because of sales like this I haven't bought eggs, bacon, and butter from the Superstore for a long time.
Yep, that’s the way to do it.

Just don’t fall into the trap of also counting your purchase as “free” if and when you redeem those points you earned today. If you are deducting their full value from today’s purchase (in your mind) then you must treat them as cash out of pocket when you redeem them. You can’t think of them as a discount on the future purchase as well. It’s one or the other. Retailers are all using these promos that only apply to a future purchase for that reason. They love to dupe us into double counting the discount.
Jul 19, 2018
725 posts
1263 upvotes
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: Yep, that’s the way to do it.

Just don’t fall into the trap of also counting your purchase as “free” if and when you redeem those points you earned today. If you are deducting their full value from today’s purchase (in your mind) then you must treat them as cash out of pocket when you redeem them. You can’t think of them as a discount on the future purchase as well. It’s one or the other. Retailers are all using these promos that only apply to a future purchase for that reason. They love to dupe us into double counting the discount.
It’s free……stop.
Feb 6, 2022
2 posts
3 upvotes
Does shoppers ever have 20× the pts event for online? Like for their website?

The local stores are lacking in variety on certain products, that the website has.