Expired Hot Deals

Shoppers Drug Mart

20x PC Optimum Points (30%) for Online Orders (Ends Jan 23) (OLED SWITCH CURRENTLY OOS)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2022 12:59 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
4636 posts
7164 upvotes
BC
RockyMtns27 wrote: Thanks OP. In for one...

Our family hasn't had a Nintendo since the Wii. Help me pick a game for my teenager... Smash Bros? Super Mario Party? Mario Kart?

TIA.
Same as you, picked up a switch after a long hiatus from Nintendo. Didn't know if it was a good purchase at the time but we love it, great family device.

Mario kart for sure
Mario tennis
Smash bros
Mario party superstars (sdm also sells the older one in stores)
Mario Odyssey
Luigi's mansion
Animal crossing if they're into that style

I also recommend finding a group buy on RFD for a nintendo switch online family plan, it's about $15/person for the year. Gives you access to a bunch of classic Nintendo/SNES/N64 games. We've recently been playing a lot of Mario tennis 64, which convinced us we needed to get Mario tennis aces during this sale.
Aug 17, 2013
76 posts
147 upvotes
Boisbriand, QC
Shitty website can't accept my payment, tried with 4 different cards, 2 adresses... anyone else?

on pharmaprix because QC
Last edited by sangokudbz79 on Jan 22nd, 2022 8:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jul 13, 2018
143 posts
102 upvotes
That’s a funny way to spell A Link To The Past.
/s

Dark Souls feels like a spiritual successor to the N64 Zelda games.
For those who don’t like where it’s gone since.
It’s got the right amount of difficulty you would’ve had as a kid playing those games, and figuring out how to play games for the first time.
Demon’s Souls, and Dark Souls 1 & 3 are miles better than Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, (every DS spin-off), and Skyward Sword.
I personally can’t stand the lack of enemy variety in BoTW. Which 2 should fix.
I like Link Between Worlds better.

If the Switch could play 3DS games, it’d be the current best console. As far as backwards compatibly goes, it’s behind the Wii, GameCube, and Wii U.
Dec 15, 2018
21 posts
7 upvotes
err.. how do I pay with my PC optimum balance?

edit: oh I got it but they deplete the points if i use the balance
Feb 15, 2004
529 posts
106 upvotes
Newmarket
Purchased a white OLED switch this afternoon and now it doesn't allow me to purchase the red/neon one. Keep saying payment authorization unsuccessful. Tried 4 credit card and none of them worked. :(
Jul 29, 2015
226 posts
219 upvotes
Saskatoon
sangokudbz79 wrote: Shitty website can't accept my payment, tried with 4 different cards, 2 adresses... anyone else?

on pharmaprix because QC
Log into your bank account and enter your address and name into the shoppers website the exact same way its listed in your bank account.
Or choose "ship to a different address" if its available.

Scotia put my middle initial on my card for some reason and some website throw a fit when I omit it.
Dec 5, 2015
698 posts
832 upvotes
Verdun, QC
sangokudbz79 wrote: Shitty website can't accept my payment, tried with 4 different cards, 2 adresses... anyone else?

on pharmaprix because QC
Ordered on Pharmaprix and it worked no prob. On Shopper it won't work.
Feb 15, 2004
529 posts
106 upvotes
Newmarket

on pharmaprix because QC
I end up using VISA click go pay option on the checkout page and the order went through this time.
Aug 17, 2013
76 posts
147 upvotes
Boisbriand, QC
Figured out an alternative!!

I used this button instead, it got my card and I got email confirmation the order work.
Images
  • Capture.PNG
Sep 22, 2009
200 posts
54 upvotes
GTA
I just want to warn my RFDers to be aware of SDM's return policy when it comes to electronics. I know most people buy electronics without looking at SDM's exchange and return policy. SDM doesn't not accept electronics back if you open it and it turns out to be damaged. In fact, I'm not sure if they even accept products back at all if you open it. They only accept sealed products in saleable condition as per their policy. I was told to call the manufacturer so I asked to return it and they said no because I opened it. You might ask how do you know it's damaged if you don't open the product right?!? I've never experienced anything like that before (from any other retailer) until I recently purchased an electronic item online recently. I went to few SDM stores and also called many stores but no store would exchange or accept my item. I am not sure if it's like this if you purchase the item in store. Never buying an electronic product from SDM online again. Will only redeem my points in store for electronics. Happy shopping all!
Jan 21, 2022
5 posts
This method didn't work for me either :(

P.S. you might wanna check your credit card, every failed attempt to order came up as a pending transaction on mine so hopefully that'll resolve itself
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
1396 posts
551 upvotes
Montreal,QC
sangokudbz79 wrote: Figured out an alternative!!

I used this button instead, it got my card and I got email confirmation the order work.
wow thanks you're awesome!!

this worked only on DESKTOP browser/site if you are on phone
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
22571 posts
7808 upvotes
I had a 20X the points offer but didn't need to order online. Went into the store early this morning and bought an Xbox Series S and got 119K points. There was nothing else I could think of getting at this point. Maybe there will be by the time they have another bonus redemption event...
Jan 26, 2017
92 posts
25 upvotes
I just tried using my 30k PC optimum points to purchase a Nintendo Switch Pro controller but there was an error message, however my points were used and taken from my account. I see in my bank account cc saying it was purchased then refunded? Not sure if my transaction went through successfully or not and if my points are gone now? Anyone had a similar problem with using your points online for purchase?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
4636 posts
7164 upvotes
BC
tony822 wrote: I am not sure if it's like this if you purchase the item in store. Never buying an electronic product from SDM online again. Will only redeem my points in store for electronics. Happy shopping all!
Varies store by store. Because SDM stores are franchisees I've seen different locations have different return policies. One place where I bought a tablet said final sale as soon as I left the store, no matter if it was sealed or not. For certain items like consoles its worth getting from SDM with their promos, otherwise you're better off paying a little more for a better return policy (ahem Costco)
Feb 5, 2013
390 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
Sweet, ordered Mario Party Super Stars. Thanks OP!
I probably didn’t need it but bought it anyway
Dec 27, 2015
13 posts
3 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Damn, didn't see this until now. Going to try and swing by in-store tomorrow to pick up the OLED switch instead